BeautyHacker

Zygomatic reduction complication. A nightmare!

please pm me and we can exchange information. I need to find a doctor who can fix this, but I would prefer to have it done in the US.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot tell you how devastated I am. When I had surgery in 2014, I researched various doctors and the doctor I ended up choosing was the only one writing in English properly and answering questions very promptly. Now, will I need a facelift? How are they going to plate and ufse the bone together? The cause is not too much bone cut, the cause is that the masseter muscles, when you chew or yawn, pull the zygomatic arches down/ It's horrible. The surgeon said he has never seen a case like mine and it's the first time. What a load of crap/ He told me that you should never use plates and screw because that's dangerous and unnecessary. I found out only later that this is not true. So, which doctor can help me resolve this?

Have you tried Dr. Mendelson in Australia? I have heard of his reputation and he uses a coral "bone" paste to augment cheekbones. It is permanent but he seems to be well regarded. Maybe he can fix yours.
Try sending your scans and stuff to his office.
Post on realself too. Someone somewhere can hopefully help!

Also, pleeeeeease post the name of your clinic and save other young people from this fate.

Also, care to post (you can black out your eyes and stuff) non ct pics of your current face situation?

you need to see me in real life 3d to see how botched I am, in pictures you can't really appreciate the deformity. In real life, it's obvious. I am telling the name of the clinic to people via pm, but I am being harassed, that is not right, did you read that crazy person
s message accusing me of making things up? I already posted on realself and only one person replied. here https://www.realself.com/question/calabasas-ca-zygomatic-union-sagging?utm_content=noanswer&rsuid=3304650&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dr.author.answer-user_authored_question#7505585

Have you consulted anyone? Zygomatic revision is fairly common so all hope isn’t lost

Also, read this paper
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00266-016-0723-9

wow, thank you so much, this is exactly what I need. I have consulted dozens of craniofacial surgeons in the US and they say it's very difficult to fix and they can't fix it. The problem is that they fix common facial fractures, but, for this case, they say it's different. I wonder if I need bone grafts. The pictures you sent are from the article? which doctor corrected those ladies in the picture?

To h*** with those people. There should be a ban on toxic trolls.
The guy who replied on realself seems like he is worth a consult. My guess is other doctors didn't reply because their clinic managers handle the account or they don't know how to deal with it.

thank you, I agree with you. The guy from Texas who replied seems worth a consult. I sent him my cat scan but he has been out of the country and also, since this botched surgery, I spent so much money and I have anxiety traveling. But, if he can fix it, I will fly to Houston. The thing is that this is very unique. It's not like a sport injury that causes fracture. My cheekbones have been separated for a long time.

I would delve into the article. There is a video under supplementary info so please also look there and watch it
and the name of the authors are listed below but I don't know whether this is merely a literature review (seems like it) or if they did the repairs. Either way, it seems like a good place to start (Google) and maybe you can look up other journals too.
  • Sang Woo Lee
  • Yeon Woo Jeong
  • Yujin Myung

I checked under supplementary information and I do not see any video