BeautyHacker

Rhinoplasty revision without implant

Hello, guys!

I’m going to have rhinoplasty revision at UVOM this Friday.
Before I made a decision for my revision, I had the primary surgery at another clinic in Korea. It was okay and I liked the shape but after 1~2 years, side effect started to show.

Not going to lie, I don’t want to go through revision surgery if I don’t need… I really don’t. But my nose gets really swollen sometimes and the implant even wobbles.
Since the experience with previous clinic was not great, I had to search over and over before deciding where to visit. I reached out to some clinics to ask what I needed and their prices.
It took around 5 months to narrow it down for an in person consultation.

After I arrived in Korea, I visited 4 clinics for consultation.
I went UVOM early in the morning as I had other appointments with other clinics.
When I was there, there were not many people. Only a couple of people were sitting there for treatment. After filling the in the chart, a translator came up to me and asked If I wanted to change.
I talked to her for a bit and she led me to consultation room.

A few minutes later, I could meet Dr. Lee.
He asked what my biggest concern was, and I told him about the swelling and feeling sick.
He touched my nose and told me it was inflammatory response and implant had to be removed.
I was worried if my bridge would be lower without implant, but he said he would use my cartilage to make the surface smooth and not to be too low.
His English was not perfect but there was no issue understanding what he said.

Compared to other clinics, he seemed to have more experience and knew what he was going to do to address my concerns.
I was really comfortable talking to them and I liked how they were not pushy about deposit and not trying to sell me other surgeries I didn’t actually need.

When I got back to hotel, I spoke on the phone with the consultant to ask more questions and worries. After I double checked and made sure everything would be alright, I finally decided to go with them for my revision.
I will keep you updated when I’m done with my surgery. I’m so nervous but also excited..
Please keep your fingers crossed for my surgery!

Thank you!! And yes I will send you my pics after my surgery!

Can you please tell us which clinic you went for the implant? I am thinking of getting silicone implant for my nose.

• 2 months later...
I almost went with UVOM as well because the doctor was sooo patient and thorough during the consultation but then decided not to because they suggested Goretex which I don't feel comfortable with. I hope your surgery goes well! Please do share updates :smile:

Overall how was your consultation with UVOM? Which clinic did you end up going with?

Thank you so much!!!! I have a gut feeling that uvom is going to be the place I go to. They told me I would not need any implant, and can make the bridge exactly how I like since my bridge is already very high, and almost completely straight. Can’t wait for my f2f. They quoted me highest, but said they’ll negotiate down. They currently have 50% off, but I’m hoping they’ll honor that once I get there since money is a concern, and they know they’re my top choice.They seem like such a great place. I’m thinking of cancelling with GNG, and going to opera. GNG just doesn’t rub me the right way