BeautyHacker

Sagging from Cheekbone surgery? Types of Sagging? Risks? IRL examples

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be swelling but possibly loss of muscle tone, also trauma can cause fat cells to die

Hey Touni - I read up a lot about this too.

I was wondering if there's any information about mid face (pre-maxillar) implant to remove sagging from nasolabeal folds in cheeks by bringing out the mid face? or 2 jaw surgery to bring out the maxillary jaw to create protrusion?

I've been told by TFD that nasolobeal folds are caused by 2 sources, protruded cheeks in relation to the mid face, and a protruded maxilar in relation to the mid face. I'm honestly confused about how the maxilar impacts the nasolobeal folds if its 'protruded'.

I suspect it's a combination of how skilled the doctor is, age (skin elasticity snaps back faster in younger patients), and how long the facial contouring compression band was used for.

If, the patient did not use the compression band often enough, the severed tendons would not reattach to the bone properly. Hence, sagging would occur.

Maybe it's the shadow that it creates? I kind of have it. My front cheekbones are quite protruded out.

Hi @doublesdoubles,

I would not recommend gortex premaxilla implants. I had them twice in the uk, the second one a bigger one as it seemed to get smaller over time or maybe it was my maxilla bone. It got infected after 6 years with pus pouring into my mouth. I had it removed and relied on radiesse dermal fillers in the nasolabial folds but this blocks a natural smile with teeth show.

What tfd said is interesting as I noticed I still have a lot of filler on the right and yet the nasolabial fold is deeper! The left side filler is almost all gone and my smile looks nice and natural on this side. I think the bullhorn lip lift has filled up my sunken premaxilla space so I may not need nasolabial fillers after all. I am going to be brave and stop fillers to my nasolabial folds. This by theory should make the prominent nasolabial crease on the right disappear after it dissolves.

Oh... the SG blogger i mentioned in the other thread who had her breast implants removed, also had her gore-tex chin implant removed as it was infected.

It doesn't IF you do not put on weight. So how disciplined are you? Since forever I had really elegant skinny arms and calves and ankles no matter how fat I got. I had a lot of lipo on tummy and thighs. Of course after a few years, I put the weight back on but guess what I now have big arms and calves to the point that my old knee high boots won't do up any more.

But notice it's 2 weeks post opt--she's still slightly swollen which gives you volume.

Hey guys, i gathered up some sagging links LOL

https://www.realself.com/question/sagging-jaw-reduction-surgery-corrected-facelift

https://www.realself.com/question/los-angeles-ca-loose-skin-after-jaw-surgery-options#

https://www.realself.com/question/los-angeles-ca-advice-face-rebalancing-after-jaw-surgery#

One of the doctor's answers stood out to me. He said that when he would perform cheekbone fracture corrections with the plates sagging would still occur if they didn't tie in the underlying tissues/skin to the plates.

Thanks @touni27 that poor lady in Los Angeles. She had v line surgery with sagging then facelift but that lifted skin and soft tissues up to her cheeks which made her cheeks appear bigger. It is why I hesitate with any lift as my cheekbones are already big and do not wish to draw attention to them. One surgeon's reply is she find an artistic surgeon. Thank goodness I found Dr Seo who in my opinion is an artistic surgeon and based on instagram photos Dr Hong from Fresh seems one too.

What about cheek reduction along with a cheeklift?

That seems like what ladies have to be prepared to do and pay for if they consider zygoma reduction or dramatic v line; the cost then doubles to pay for 2 major procedures not to mention recovery times and how they cope with looking at a sagging face between the 2 operations.