BeautyHacker

Who is happy after zygoma reduction?

Hi, as in the subject. Zygoma reduction is so controversial what makes me think twice or even more if it is really worth it. Does any of you know someone who is happy after zygoma reduction after at least a year? I do not want big difference so if this is so risky i think it is better to have wider face but with no excessive skin. Clinics promise to have method which minimaze the risk but hey if they have to put saw between bone and soft tissues it will be definitevely separated..

Do they usually get full facelift, cheeklift or endoscopic facelift? Is the scarring very visable? I'm concern whether a facelift might accentuate more make things worse due to lack of facial contour.

@Madambutterfly89 one of my friend get full facelift using incision although she is still 24 years old...
Not sure about the result because she just did the facelift few days ago.
I think you better think hard if you want to do zygoma reduction and find a really good doctor. And also prepare money for face lifting.

I already had my cheekbone and jaw reduced--but will need revision surgery to close the gap. Not sure if the skin laxity is due to the fixation of my cheekbone separating and being displaced downward or if I need a bone graft from either my skull or hip to fill the gap in order to bring out my cheekbones. I contacted many surgeons and got diff advice--seems like I can't get an accurate definitive answer. Depressing.

Personally Zygoma reduction isn't worth it...

one of the reasons why there's so many different outcomes with zygoma is because there's so many different factors on cheek sagging.

you have to have the right surgeon, you have to use the right technique. and even if your surgery went perfectly, your tendons/muscles have to heal/attach correctly and in the right position. It takes 12 weeks for tendons/muscles to heal.
so if during that time your tendons/muscles moved or got detached or got weaker youll get sagging. If it was just skin that was the issue then facelift should fix it but often times it's not just the skin. It's the muscles, and underlying tissue sagging. That's why i read so many cases of people saying they got all this face lift with no result. You can get a muscle/ tissue lift, but even that is temporary because whatever is holding the muscle/ tissue up doesn't last long because your cheek muscles you use all the time to talk, to smile, make expressions etc.

You have to have a perfect cheekbone reduction and great post op care for at least 12 weeks to ensure no sagging will occur. But even then... whose to say? because you can't see your final result till a year or even two years for some people since swelling covers up how your muscles/tendons are healing and looking.

so imo not worth it.

But there's still a little hope there are surgeons who are better at predicitng if your cheekbones are likely to sag or not. depending on how your cheekbones look and are located.

I just read a few reviews of this one surgeon i've been planning to go for who told the patient to not to have cheekbone reduction because the way her cheekbone was positioned she would for sure get sagging.

Madam Butter
I don't know what your musculature looks like without a photo, but have you considered custom made cheek implants? Rather than removing the bone

Your case, a revision will help A LOT because your bones are detached and hanging low. if your tendons and muscles are attached to your bonee just fine you might not even need a facelift. Just repositioning the bones might fix it. May I ask how many months after you noticed sagging and how old you might be?

Hi chinnie,

I don't plan on removing any bone. I think my sagging is either bc the bones were not secure tightly with the wires and causing my cheekbones to be displaced.

I looked alright for the first 5 months but then once all the swelling dissipated I noticed that my right cheekbones (left in photo)was slightly lower--causing hollowness. I can feel the gap on my right cheekbone which is not fixated causing some tissue laxity. My eyes look empty due to the tissue moving down a bit--I don't know if this is the reason or if I would need a bone graft to bring the bones back out.

I consider custom cheek implants but I think that would be pointless when the cheekbones are already displaced.

I hope so! I noticed it 5 months after.

For sure it will separate and fix tissues again.. opening same wound, even if healed this is still wound. I think . Same for titanium pins removal, i dont think it it good idea for cheeks. But in your case you need to think pros and cons dear