BeautyHacker

Where to hire korean-english interpreter/translator for consultation in Seoul?

I think it's better to select hospital with built-in English-Korean translator because they will have experience translating aesthetics related questions, and they know the doctors, so more skilled to translate them in English.

Just my thought

• admin locked and unlocked this topic
I also think that going to clinic where they have own english translator. It is a medical one and when the doctor speaks something I think translator who has experience would be good. Also a personal translator is quite expensive. I don't know which surgery do you want I got f/c and rhino already so if you want any info about that clinic, I can give you. Reply me:smile:

I have used this forum for services that tailored to your need: myseoulsecret.com Theyre professional and will try to accommodate your request. I only hire translators from them for clinics that don’t have in-house interpreters

How much was the fee to fire a interpreter?

Why don't you go to clinic has their own interpreter or staff who can speak English fluently?
There are a lot clinics where has their own interpreter or staff who can speak English and also, help you without any fees for that.
Also, they know more about the customers in other country so they will do surgery foreigner-tailored.
I might worried from begining of consultation to end of surgery if the clinic has no one can speak English or languages I speak.

Depends on the interpreter that the agency finds for you. But mine was 30,000 per hour, minimum 2 hours.
They’re medically trained not just a random interpreter. The agency will check the interpreter background for you.

The fee is not that expensive! Thank you for the info. I like the part that they're medically trained cuz I want to hear everything doc or staff say regarding my health and surgeries.

You can contact them through kakaotalk. They’re very responsive and honest

I booked a medicial translator through Gangnam Medical Tour Center (http://medicaltour.gangnam.go.kr/main.do?lang=en). It’s a government agency that connects you with translators that they approve. It’s 30k won, minimum 2 hours. You should request one at least a week ahead of time to ensure that they have someone available.

I was really happy with my translator. She wasn't a broker, appeared to make no commission for any clinic and have no affiliations or preferences for any clinic. I chose the clinic and the time; she showed up and translated very thoroughly and courtesously.