BeautyHacker

My Experience with facial contouring (V-Line and Zygoma reduction) at Cooki Clinic:

Hi everyone!!! I'm just here to share with everyone my honest experience with going through v line surgery (Zygoma + Mandible reduction and Genioplasty). I had always wanted a more defined face and had always looked into getting facial contouring done but never knew where to go or who to go to especially with such an intensive surgery. After doing extensive research for months on end through PurseForum and other p/s forums/website- I decided that getting facial Contouring in Korea was my best option.

Getting surgery in a foreign country by yourself can be extremely daunting!!!! So I knew I wanted a clinic that would take care of their foreign patients but also a clinic that specializes in facial contouring. Of course being from the States the only way of consulting was through emails and different messenger apps. At first I consulted with 3 different clinic (ID hospital, View and DA). ID hospital seem extremely pushy, so I automatically disregarded them out of my list. When consulting with DA through WhatsApp, I was happy with what they informed me and I love their "dolly" look. At first I was for sure set on going with them... until I joined a Kakao group and started hearing horror stories about the clinic. (Also when I arrived in Korea they totally spaced out my consultation- like how unprofessional is that ) . I was under so much pressure to choose the "PERFECT" clinic with just a week out before my flight to Korea. Thats when I found a clinic called "Cooki Clinic" that specializes in facial contouring, I also love the drastic results the doctor perform without making the girls chin to pointy. I also love how small and personal the clinic was.

I consulted with cooki as soon as landed in Korea. At first I met with my translator Haley and she directed me into a room to get my Ct scan, shortly after I met with my consultant then soon after the doctor (dr Sungmo Chung). I explained to him what my ideal shape face was and I also expressed how I did NOT want to lose any volume in my cheekbone as well as no pointy chin. They knew exactly what I wanted and explained to me what my overall fit was (mandible reduction, side Zygoma and genioplasty) I had all trust in them. They knew more than I did after all. After about 2 hours later I left Cooki feeling extremely confident!!!!

Fast forward, I ended up going with Cooki Clinic and I have no regrets!! They also offered me a free room for 7 days after surgery- walking distance to the clinic. Which is so comforting especially being by yourself. I ended up having to wait about 4 days for my surgery due to the fact that there was only one doctor that performed facial contouring and he was booked up till then.

Oct 10th: I came into the clinic at 9:30am in the morning got changed and met with Haley my translator, the dr, and the consultant. We went over everything and I knew I was in good hands. Haley was with me through it all, she was even in the operating room with me while I was getting ready to go under general anesthesia . Haha!!

After surgery was seriously the WORST pain of my LIFE!!!! Omfg!!!!! Thanks goodness for amazing staff!!! The doctor even checked up on me to see how I was feeling before leaving for the day, like how sweet and personal is that! I honestly never felt such crucified pained before! When someone says getting v line doesn't hurt, it HURTS! But beauty is pain right ;)

I honestly can not recommend Cooki clinic enough, from the skilled doctor, the kind staffs, Fantastic service, and amazing aftercare. Whatever question I had, Haley was always quick to text back and answered my concerned. Honestly I came to Korea not knowing what to expect, but I am soooooo happy with the outcome and my decision on going with Cooki Clinic. I am about 25 days out and I am seriously sooo happy with what I'm seeing so far.
Thank you Dr. Chung!!! Seriously THE BEST!!! This clinic doesn’t get enough credit, bc Dr. Chung is seriously so sweet, amazing and so skilled!

Please if ANYONE have any questions, please feel free to msg me & I'll try my best to answer them!!! I know before my surgery I would search high and low on this specific type of surgery. I would even msg pretty girls that I thought had work done to see who their doctor was and where they went but everyone was so secretive, it bothered me so much. By doing this review I hope I can help other girls out there who are going through the same process I went through!! Xox!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg that sounds awful!! Who was your clinic?? Poor thing!!!! How old are you?? Maybe fat grafting can help combined with maybe acculift.

Your results look amazing, pretty before and pretty after too!:heart: the swelling looks so painful though!:sad:
If it's ok to ask, can I ask what the price range of this clinic for v-line surgery or jaw reduction is? Thank you so much!

I'm new to the forums, signed up because I'm planning to do surgery in Korea next June and want to do as much research as possible.

Just wanna say that I've never heard of cookie clinic, but your results are AMAZING. Congrats on the outcome :smile:!
I just have a few questions if you don't mind:
  1. How much was the v-line surgery (zygoma + mandible reduction and genioplasty)?
  2. How much was the genioplasty alone?
  3. Did they hike up the prices with you being a foreigner or did you manage to negotiate a reasonable price?
  4. Why did your lips blow up? was it from the chin augmentation?
  5. Do they offer all their clients a free room for 7 days after surgery or were you the exception?
thanks!

" So I knew I wanted a clinic that would take care of their foreign patients but also a clinic that specializes in facial contouring"

I'm sorry but I haven't seen any reviews here about this clinic or on other sources. How did you find it actually? Do they even speak English there?

Thank you dear! I am not going to lie, the recovery was brutal!!!! I am 1 month and 9 Days post op now and I am still a lil numb. Bone is really intensive surgery bc it contains so many nerves. My v line surgery (mandible + Genio + Side zygoma) was 16mil krw.

Hi!!! Thank you!
1. My v line surgery was 16mil krw
2. They quoted me 5,500,000KRW for genio
3. I am awful at negotiating!! So I just paid what they told me. LOL! But I’m sure you can negotiate with the consultant. My translator Haley was super sweet and helpful. Also I believe the reason why foreigners pay more is bc of the service we receive. For instance, I never had to wait EVER- while I see other girls at the clinic waited, also I received free deswelling after care services. I was alone on this trip and never once did I feel like I was alone. They were always quick to answer my concerned and I had my own personal nurse the day i Was hospitalized.
4. My lips blew up bc I had lip fillers. LOL. Everyone recovers differently. But the fillers definitely made a reaction.