BeautyHacker

Don't go to TLPS

Hey forumers,

I posted a thread a while ago talking about my terrible experience with chin and lower cheek liposuction, and many of you have asked me where I got it done. I have been really depressed lately and haven't had time to respond to some of your DMs, but I've decided to post the hospital here. I got it done at TLPS with Dr. Jung. They did not take time to listen to my goals, acted annoyed when I voiced my concerns, and the doctor didn't take 2 seconds to examine my face or bone structure. He just said I had a lot of fat and I needed liposuction above the jawline as well to "prevent sagging", even though my only concern was double chin. I looked 16 before the procedure due to my chubby cheeks. Now I look at least 10 years older with prominent nasolabial folds, my face structure has sagged, and it is completely flat and lifeless. I have lost interest in all my hobbies and I'm so depressed every time I look into the mirror. It looks like I aged 15 years within a 6-month period. Even my family admit I shouldn't have had it done, but they don't understand the way I feel. They think I have mental problems because I cry every day. No one can really understand the trauma this has caused me, looking into the mirror expecting to see your usual pretty face but getting shocked by what you see. I have no confidence and I've stopped trying to make friends. If the doctor had just spent one minute examining my facial structure, asking about my concerns, and explaining the procedure, I wouldn't be this angry even if the results were bad. I should have never let him touch my face. I've spent the last 6 months being numb, trying to make it through each day and finding a solution. I'm getting fat grafting done this Friday, and hopefully they can restore my cheeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and please wish me luck!

So sorry for you but this sort of 'mistake' or looking back in hindsight has happened to all of us. Have faith, there is always a way to fix this. You haven't heard my horror stories.
Where are you going for your fg? Reason I ask if because there are also great, good and bad clinics for that.

Thank you for the encouragement! I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve experienced this sort of mistakes as well. I’ll PM you the clinic I’m going to for fat graft!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I feel your pain so much. I did facial contouring at TL PS and it was the biggest regret of my life. Melissa, my consultant sold me on her sweetness and thoughtfulness, but when I started having complications (my right ear is being plugged with pressure from where the zygoma was pushed in), she disappears and never responds to me. They're really good at making it seem like you're overreacting when there's a problem. This is after paying 10,000 for surgery. I've had to see many ENTS in the US who haven't been able to figure out my problem, but it hadn't existed prior to surgery. Honestly, I'm most mad at myself for trusting the doctors and clinic because they don't truly have your best interest in mind. It's all about the money and while there are many more success stories, there was some stories like mine that end up in depression and sadness that no one talks about. This could happen to you. Think carefully before choosing zygoma reduction and bone jaw shaving. IT DOES cause premature sagging no matter what your consultant tells you (as Melissa lied to me and said no). I've noticed an immediate difference in my facial skin...loose and sagging.

The night before I flew into Korea to have surgery , Melissa was supposed to set me up with their affiliated hotels , she told me they took usd. I arrived in Seoul late at night and the hotel was dingy and they didn’t accept usd. I had to walk to another hotel down the road and they were nice enough to help me. I felt so alone, I was by myself in a foreign country. I should have known not to have surgery the next day after the experience. They don’t care about you, just your money (tlps). Tlps dr choi caused me to have breathing problems that I had never had before, and his noses are downright ugly.they are fake and too small. They become cold and dismissive when you express you don’t like you results.Cheaper isn’t always better. Do your research . Do not go to tl plastic surgery

Do you have feeling in your face? Because after facial contouring with TL, I don't feel the right side of my chin or lip

So sorry about what happened in TL PS and hopefully you found a good doctor to fix your pretty face!
How's going on your face???

I have feeling on my face...but I know i got botched because my left ear has pressure and some kind problem. I don't know what it is and i'm trying to get a diagnosis. :sad: TL has stopped talking to me once i voiced my concerns. Melissa just believes it's swelling but it's not and it hasn't gone away.

I'm sorry to hear this and I hope you find out what it is and that it can be corrected. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
I’m so grateful you took the time to post this. I’m almost sold on TL for my zygoma reduction, but after seeing this thread I decided to cancel my appointment with TL. Many thanks and I wish you success on your fat graft.

• 1 month later...
Hey, any updates for us on how your fat graft went?

• 2 weeks later...
So sorry to hear about your experience... do you know what kind of technique they used for facial lipo? I heard acculift laser is suppose to help with tightening skin but also read some horror stories... I'm highly considering TLPS because the b/a i see online looks really good for their body lipo and anti-aging, but I see so many people on PF saying don't go there but they also didn't get the procedures I'm thinking about...so I don't know what to do ): I'm considering facial lipo but will also do thread lifting because I'm worried about sagging too. You should take a look into SMAS lifting or thread lifting + fat graft. I think it'll help restore some of what you lost. Would you be willing to share your before and after in DM?