BeautyHacker

Facelift after cheekbone and jaw reduction

I have no idea about this.
However, I like to think simply.
Our face skin is "attached" to the skull. When bones are being shaved off, e.g. cheekbones, the surface area of the face skin will be larger than the surface area of the skull. That means we still have the same amount of face skin but the skull area has become smaller. That, results in face sagging.
When we do a face lift, we managed to cut away the excess skin and voila, now, the surface area of the face skin is similar to the skull. Hence, there is no longer face sagging.
However, when we age, our skull becomes smaller. That, leads to excess face skin again. Hence, we need to cut away the excess skin again in order to match the surface area of the skull. Thats why, the effect of facelift doesn't last. Some said facelift can only last for 5-10 years before they need another facelift again.
Hmm... well... that's my thoughts. I might be wrong though.

Thank you for your feedback.

I think the best way to deal with this is restoring cheekbone structure with bone grafting from the skull.

Cheekbone needs to be pushed outward with an interpositional graft. This maneuver can also possible tighten the zygomaticus muscle.

My advice is to anyone who wants this surgery is to stay away from cheekbone reduction. This type of surgery doesn't work and will only cause facial laxity and premature aging. Please don't take what these surgeons tell you for face value. Doesn't matter what technique or how young you are, you are changing the volume and structure. The muscle, fat and soft tissue will be displaced. People who are naive will believe in photoshopped image. Please know that there's an app called Wuta cam and others that can reshape and filter your face. Some of these surgeons either are in denial or don't want the truth to be revealed bc this type of surgery brings in $$ to unsuspecting, uneducated, customers.

I have consulted many surgeons for revision. Fortunately, I have done my research and know when a surgeon is downplaying or completely bullshitting me. Asking questions to answers I already know. I was fooled once and I hope I can help other people from going through such a depressing ordeal. I have seen so many patients with mal unions and huge gaps in their cheekbone. Even people who had cheekbone reduction done well, still need threadlifting and fillers to restore volume.

As we age, our facial bone and soft tissue will change. Look at Angelina jolie. When she started out as an actress, she had a very full face but as she ages, her face becomes more define and structured. Losing the baby fat. An NO she never had plastic surgery.

Enclosed is a post a plastic surgeon shared on his Instagram account. I hope this opens your eyes to the dark world of the plastic surgery industry. Less is more. Stop messing with you facial bone structure bc it'll change as you age. If you have a full face now, it will slim down. cheekbone and jawline frames the face. It gives it dimension and contour.

After reading so many threads in this forum, I came to a conclusion that there are 2 surgeries that we shouldn't do as it will result in face sagging. The first one is cheekbone aka zygoma reduction. The second one is liposuction of any kind (e.g. acculift/acculsculpt) above the jawline.

• 1 year later...
Hello madam.I am in your case aslo and very regretful about cheekbone reduction.Before my cheekbone was a bit big, the rest of my face such as jawline is fine.I found a doctor in vietnam, he is very good at the bone.He made the cheekbone revision for me .My face looks better now