BeautyHacker

My Cinderella Clinic review

Opted for sliding genioplasty and facial contouring (v-line) surgery with CInderella Clinic in Seoul, South Korea. There were twin patients whose results were very good. Used a service docfinderkorea potential clients use to help narrow down providers and give recommendations on treatment. The service was the only contact I had with clinic prior to surgery. I did request a video consult but was told that was not available. On the day of surgery, we moved to several different offices for the consult, the lobby was so busy. There were 3 coordinators in all who spoke perfect English including the docfinderkorea rep. When I explained what most concerned me, that information was passed on to the surgeon who was not in the room at the time. When the Dr. Sun Min Hong, did arrive, he could not have been less interested in my case.
Should have been a red flag but I'd flown from Seattle, made hotel reservations, etc.
One of the coordinators kept telling me to just trust the doctor.
Scheduled surgery the same day as the consult and there were complications with my blood pressure. It took longer than planned but otherwise I felt fine. There was one coordinator, Megan who was available along with a nurse throughout the night. The next day they requested my credit card for medications. Unfortunately there was a miscommunication because docfinderkorea was supposed to cover those costs. But they did reimburse me for half of the $160 charge.
Did I see the Dr. again or nurse? Nope. So I was curious how surgery went but it was time to go home, with a ton of pumpkin juice. My recovery was quick, not a lot of swelling. But it did not seem that the sliding genioplasty was performed. I spoke with the rep at docfinderkorea about my concerns but she told me to follow up in 2 months.
I requested to come in a day early to go over concerns and they told me no. When I returned after one week for the follow up thought I would finally have the opportunity to speak with doctor or someone who actually performed surgery. We did post op xrays and there was no discernible difference! When nurse removed stitches, the doctor came in for a few seconds to evaluate my mouth then left. I asked if I could speak with him and was told no. It was just the worst experience and I could not believe how horribly I was treated by the doctor and Cinderella Clinic. It's been 8 months and you can not tell any surgery was performed. They took $12,000 and did not perform the surgery as requested! Such a fraud.
Did express my concerns with docfinderkorea and was told they are popular with K- POP stars. so I guess if you are not that demographic or a you tube personality you are treated poorly and will get poor results. Do not go to this Clinic, there are way too many clinics who will not rip you off and care about patients. I've tried reaching out several times to the clinic but have had no response.

I am so sorry to hear that...

Docfinder is a thief... they only take you to clinics for money. They don't care about you...and Cinderella staff do not know anything about plastic surgery. They couldn't answer my simple questions. They throw you way away after you pay.

• Like 1

I can say that most of the things said in this review is true as I know someone who went to Cinderella and received the same treatment. The results were evident but the doctor was very uninterested and you actually feel how much they just want money from you because they will rush you to get the surgery. After surgery here is pretty much only another visit to get your stitches removed and no other aftercare.

That's horrible. It's always better to go without agency and to clinic with good reputation..so sorry you had this experience. Is there a way to take any legal actions against them? You couldn't even talk to doctor! That's nonsense!

@T Nicole G i am so sorry to hear that you had to go with this. I hope there is a way to make amends. If there is a way to take legal action you should do it, they violated your right. And thank you for sharing your experience here, sure helps many ladies and gents out there who were considering this clinic.

I m sorry to hear that. I have always shared with people I know never to go with agent. Agent will never cover the cost, the cost is from what you pay.

How it works is you approach an agent, agent get a discount, hospital could only give a limited discount because they had to pay the agent.

After you make payment, agent get a cut of it, it was never a free service.

I hope you are better now and hopefully there is at least some slight changes. I am sorry for what happened :sad:

Are you still there in SK now?

• 1 month later...
Try to take cinnamon for ur blood pressure, It reduce fastly

Are you expecting DFK staff to work for free or something? Of course they get paid, somehow, wether it’s from the government or the clinics/hospitals it doesn’t matter, it’s their job to advertise and bring people in. I used DFK, and got a lot of discount at Banobagi without DFK’s help and I paid the cheapest. DFK took care of me just as nice as a person who paid a lot more. So I honestly don’t get why you always mention how DFK get paid like they’re stealing people’s money for the services they provide. In my opinion, since I actually went through DFK and finished my PS with them in good terms, I say they’re okay for what they offer to first timers and for people going alone, like me. Would I go through them again if I decide to get another PS? Probably not, since I already know my way around SK and which clinics I want to check.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I wasn’t expecting DFK/agents work for free if you can read properly.

It’s just a reminder for people who think that is free and assume they are getting a great deal out of it. In fact, quotations are always higher the initial stage because their fees are factored in. And when it’s firm that you are going without an agent, you will get more discount directly from the clinic.

For myself, I was well taken care by the hospital I went to hence I don’t see a need for a agent unless if you are going somewhere where no post care are provided and needed someone to taken care of, then it’s good to have them around.

Its good to hear that you had a good experience with them and paid more. Happy new year!

If you can read properly, I said I got a bigger discount on my own without DFK’s help with bargaining. $3960 for a nose job with Banobagi is not “paying more” as you mention but have a happy new year to you as well ^_^

Oh my apologies haha! The whole sentence just seems like “I used DFK and got more discounts” LOL! Cheers!