BeautyHacker

Food for thought. Largest study on breast implant outcomes to date

@MissOrange Please don't scare yourself too much...
Optic disc changes can be due to glaucoma or changes in cerebrospinal fluid pressure. If the OCT and HVF results did not suggest glaucoma, I guess you can just take it easy...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow thanks @Fortunecat! Um what is OCT and HVF? Sorry for being dumb. Course that could be bbi brain fog? ;),

@SheOnlyLooks25 and @Fortunecat okay so more progress. I rang Guy Sterne's office and his first appointment is Jan 3 for £100 and first op date Feb/March as he goes on holiday in Feb so I realised I could not wait that long.

I went ahead and booked a consult with Dr Amir in Kent for December 4 and then explant op on December 14. His PA is so kind, compassionate, answers questions promptly, etc. I realised I needed peace of mind and the sooner the better. Looks like Dr Amir can then do my lower facelift when I am 60?

I then got a call back from Stanek's nurse that Stanek has now stopped doing any breast operations and plans to retire after 1 year so feels cannot follow up on breast patients and suggested I find a younger plastic surgeon. This explains the reluctance to give me any price for explant.

Hope all this helps Brit ladies facing the need for explant. I shall post pre and post-op photos next month.

And yes @SheOnlyLooks25 hoping my symptoms are just wear and tear or statin side effects. Will see what happens post explant. I collected copies of my last blood tests from my GP to give to Dr Amir...all normal routine blood work. I need to get a copy of my ecg next from St Thomas' hospital. Trying to save money.

OCT (optical coherence tomography) and HVF (humphrey visual field) tests are the 2 common tests to check for structural and functional loss in glaucoma. So, if both test results are normal, then I guess you do not need to worry at all! :smile:

Dumb question, will explant also get rid of those floating silicones? Or will you eventually flush it out?
Just saw this explant on youtube on a normal implant (yikes)

@Hautelady from what I have researched the greatest health risk may be silicone outside the capsule as when it travels in the body it may be nigh impossible for surgeons to find and remove. That is why manufacturers recommend mri every 2-3 years with implants to check for rupture.

There is a growing list of illnesses ladies with breast implants are reporting. Even saline implants have silicone casings!

My officemate had a full body MRI in Taiwan for $1000 but that was like 7yrs ago. That maybe an way to see where them silicone travelled.

Didn't you mention one of your implants burst?

If silicone travels then the body will encapsulate them, for sure, them being foreign material.
So there could be lumps/cysts that can be extracted later. Ok, that sounded too simplistic.

Also, I want to point out that even though I provided a link to Fat transfer to Breast, there are way too may risks if not done correctly. Like fat embolism, fat necrosis and lumps.

@Hautelady this poor 56 yo lady died from ruptured silicone implants and she left her body to research. They tesred tissue samples from all over her. It had spread to her brain and other organs like cancer! https://www.clinmedjournals.org/articles/cmrcr/clinical-medical-reviews-and-case-reports-cmrcr-3-087.pdf?fbclid=IwAR14KNArRKP1wxzjhLb8PHOxOoJgocaQ1FsykuhA8vp3LF8Nyqx7HynuTz8

Ladies remember silicone breast implants were banned until 2006 and now we are yet again seeing more problems with silicon implants. Maybe it is time to think small and natural are beautiful. Iconic Farrah Fawcett and supermodel Irina are small and natural.

A 56 yo lady who died from silicone implant rupture donated her body to research on silicon implants and bits of silicon were found in her brain!

Ladies with silicone implants report allergies, autoimmune disorders and have even passed on these illnesses in breastmilk! We are seeing more children with allergies than ever before.

I like this summary of breast implant risk. I can't believe it was known back in Feb 2017 and I am only now learning about it. The article highlights that patients getting breast augmentation need to be told about the rising risk of lymphoma (up to 1:1000 currently and still rising so less and less rare) as more and more ladies with implants explanted are being diagnosed. None of my plastic surgeons ever told me! https://www.forbes.com/sites/ritarubin/2017/03/22/fda-agrees-with-who-links-breast-implants-to-rare-cancer-how-worried-should-women-be/?fbclid=IwAR3C9COtyT_hRkEjaMVl-iPd8fDULjfJ2utkgO8Q3Hn2GYy1Syqdjncyag0#6d36a0346483

For ladies in the UK with saline implants with silicone outer shell or with silicone implants who worry there may have been a silent intracapsular rupture, either see your GP for referral to plastics or breast clinic for a scan or pay for a private scan. If ruptured, one of the best explant surgeons in the NHS is Professor Phil Drew in Cornwall. Under the nhs charter you have the right to be seen and treated by any doctor in the country who can treat your condition. Your GP then refers you directly to Professor Drew who has been busy explanting en bloc ladies with ruptures or grade 4 capsular contracture where the implants look about to burst or pip implants.