BeautyHacker

I was botched in Korea and I had revision in the US

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denyagan,

We all have opinion and won't always agree but let's all be happy for the OP and her kindness in sharing her story.

Ignore the negativity. I'm sure you've been through enough. Stay positive and enjoy your new face and life! Hope you have an amazing life going forward.

You are again spreading false information.

If you read this persons review you'd have read the dr said he can't decrease his jaw too much due to nerve location. So his face can't be dramatic not due to doctors skill but his nerves being low!

More lies and false information to derail the original posters thread.

Why are you insistent on derailing this thread and spreading this misinformation. If you can't afford surgery in the USA then leave the thread and let us continue or conversation. You are aggressively derailing the thread and one has to wonder why........

Allow us to speak about getting high tech surgery in USA in peace and go back to posting wherever you were before. This thread is clearly not for you.

This is why I find Korean surgery so worrying. As a surgery you should not be putting this much effort into manipulating forums, hiring promoters to manipulate forums. It's so very obvious that these people are paid shills here to shut down anyone who dares to speak up. They ambush threads and try and gas light anyone who has had bad results.

All this time and money they spend on promoters etc they should spend on doing more years in surgical school to become consultants!!! and master their craft.

SMH.

@Denyagan

Thank you so much for sharing your story. The Korean plastic surgery industry is so harsh against negative reviews (you can be sued if you post a negative review!) it's hard to find people who post real reviews. As you said these people speak in groups or pm but they are too scared to speak online. We need more people like you and @Madambutterfly89 who are open and honest and do not let these shills and promoters try and shut you up!

Thank you for your story and I am so happy you were given a 2nd chance with your face.

Good luck with your future dear. Now you can focus on moving forward positively :smile:

I think it’s pretty odd why would they miss out the screws since that’s is the top priority.

I had mine done in Korea at View plastic surgery and the screws are all in place. There is no sagging so far.

Nonetheless, I m really sorry that you have to go through these but glad that you are fixed and better now.

• 1 month later...
Hi, can you explain what the difference in technique is?? I'm actually rather confused how out of like thousands of clinics in Korea they're all completely different from the us.. and that the us is just better. I'm just really confused why none of those thousands of clinics dont use the better techniques and why are they so different?

Is doctor lee good and use his own technique?

Could you clarify to me what exactly the techniques differences are? I'm kinda confused on this... as in us surgeons are more careful with the bones or they use a different technique altogether?

• 4 months later...
I am so glad you had a good result with a U.S. surgeon revising your botched surgery in Korea. That is wonderful and I'm happy for you.
However, I would not generalize that U.S. doctors can fix everything as that is not the case --there are many botched surgeries there as well, and often at more exorbitant prices.
Be careful on Realself, too. I have read that some people that are botched try to share it there but that their posts have been taken down. People here are cautious of promoters, well, that caution is warranted on most plastic surgery sites, unfortunately.
You have to be careful no matter where you go. Again, so glad you had a happy ending to your story.

I don't really think it's fair to try and discredit the reputation of every Korean facial contouring doctor just because you had a bad experience. Obviously, US surgeons will do everything they can to deter people from going to Korea because that means less business for them. There are good and bad doctors in every country.

Transgender patients usually only have a tiny part of their jaw removed which isn't enough for many people especially those who want a v-line shape. I'm sorry but I don't think you are qualified to say that most western people who get facial contouring in Korea regret it because you obviously haven't talked to the majority of them. Also, western facial contouring doctors (especially Dechamps) charge absolutely absorbent prices (10s of thousands of dollars) even though they can't offer the same results of trusted Korean doctors who charge a third of the price.

As for the comments on the education of Korean vs western doctors, Korea is one of the best countries to study medicine and to get into and last in a top Korean medical school is far harder than the American equivalent.

Also if the US is the only place with quality plastic surgeons then why does every American celebrity and most western people who had major surgeries in the US look super fake but when you look at Korean celebrities (who have had plastic surgery) their faces look perfect?