BeautyHacker

Minimum age requirement in Korea?

Yes obviously she should contact the clinic directly for a clear answer nobody is questioning that. If that is your stance then what was the point of literally everything else you said?

Medical professionals are the only people who are legally qualified to assess mental maturity in regards to elegibilty for cosmetic surgery. Obviously you can't make that decision as some random person on a forum based on one post from a person you don't know.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opinion that she should wait until she is older and that she should speak to the doctor directly are not mutually exclusive.

Again, I did NOT claim that she’s not mature enough in the context of any medical producedure, you don’t need a medical degree to call someone immature over the internet.

You don't need a medical degree to call someone mature over the internet but in this context for it to be valid or helpful in any form you would need a medical degree and to assess to person properly instead of just judging them based off of your own personal bias.

Calling someone out on their self-proclaimed maturity isn’t meant to be helpful or valid medical advice lol.

She only spoke about her level of maturity after being provoked by you to do so. If you aren't here to be helpful or give advise then why are you on this forum. It's meant for people to spread information and ask questions about plastic surgery in Korea not for you to rude and immature. I recommend that you join a gossip forum instead.

For most doctors it wether or not they would perform surgery on someone wouldn't be based on their date of birth but on their physical development which can be detirmined through X-rays.

Just because one remark was not particularly helpful, it doesn’t mean I didn’t intend to be helpful when I provided my initial responses. Whether it actually helped her or not is subjective but I would rather give my personal experience and opinion on wanting BA at a young age and hope that it prevents even one person from making a decision they regret. Not sure why you think you’re the judge of what should be posted to this discussion board.

I'm not claiming to be any sort of judge I'm just telling you what the purpose of this forum is as you are clearly confused as to its purpose.

I'm not sure why you think you're the judge of who will regret getting breast implants?

Did I say anyone in particular will regret getting BA? Or that I’ll be able to identify who? Please, point me to where exactly. I said that I HOPE my experience can prevent someone from making a mistake, whether that is the OP or just a passing reader. Damn, you are dense.

I'm dense yet you are the one who believes they are enlightened due to the fact that they were insecure about having small boobs when they were younger?

Why are you even trying fo argue with me when like I clearly stated that this is obviously not the place to do it. Just accept the fact that we have differing opinions and that the only person who could give a useful answer to her question would be someone who has had breast implants in Korea while being under the age of 18.

For someone calling ME judgemental and biased, you are showing a lot of that.

Ask yourself the same question, and take your own advice. Why are you continuing to argue? You’ve made your point and I disagree with it.

I was not aware an x-ray can determine when a teenager's breast size development is complete. Where did you read this?

If the FDA regulation is 18 and 22, then you ARE too young to get breast implant then.

I had my eyes surgeries done when I was 19, I was happy about it up until like 25 and then afterwards I am regretting it. Your perspective and beauty standard change dramatically and I think I got mature enough at about 25 and that's the point I started to regret my eyes surgery but it can't be reversed.

The FDA's ruling isn't really relevant here as it isn't a law it's just that organization's opinion. In America and Korea, it is up to the surgeon to make the decision.

An x-ray shows whether a person's bones have fused or not. When a person's bones have fused that would mean that they have developed enough for them to be safely operated on. The breasts are constantly changing due to fluctuations in weight, hormones and natural sagging so obviously, you can't ever say that one's breasts are in their "final form". A doctor wouldn't perform a breast augmentation on a literal child because would still have a significant amount of growth left when it comes to their chest bones and breast tissue but on a 16-year old whose bones who have already fused this wouldn't be the case so they would be eligible for surgery.