BeautyHacker

Best surgeon for liplift in USA

• 2 weeks later...
I've consulted with Dr. Rodriguez and Dr. Mascaro and am torn between them. Dr. Rodriguez has a lot of experience but all the reviews I see of his have complaints about scars well down the line. Dr. Mascaro has good scarring results but I heard bad rumors about the legitimacy of his reviews and patients with bad results being censored.

I was considering Ben Talei but sadly I cannot begin to cover the Beverly Hills price tag, but I've heard good things about him.

Dr. Haworth in Beverly Hills I hear also does them a lot, but he does muscle hemming and is even more expensive than Talei. I'm talking over $10k. I've heard horror stories about muscle hemming lip lifts too so that drove me away from him.

Dr. Spiegel in Boston also has some decent results, but he is very conservative with a higher price tag (cheaper than Talei but still up there, around $5k-$6k).

First time I hear bad things about mascaro tho...

• 3 weeks later...
Hello MissOrange, I have apptmt w/ Dr. Mascaro. You have mentioned your friend and she was happy and satisfied dear. May I please ask if she would share her picture with me? I have tentative date of surgery with him. Is your friend Asian? I became concerned after some negative reviews hidden from patients in this exactly forum. May I contact your friend if you would? And in your post from 50s to 20s you mentioned that the scar is visible a year... Please tell a bit more about that experience - I know you have had surgery done in MVP and redid it in Britain. And scar stays so long?
Thank you!

I have been doing some research in Korean about lip lifts and I found that 첫번째성형외과 or something like First Plastic Surgery seems to be pretty popular at least with Korean YouTubers. the only problem is that they don't seem to market to foreigners at all and don't have a translator.

I am going to be consulting with Dr. James Pearson and Dr. Rafizadeh because I need more options and they are both free through Realself. I will let you know how they go. As far as I know both their prices have gone up over the years and are around $5k. I've seen nothing but positives about Dr. Pearson and apparently Dr. Talei praises him. Dr. R I see lots of mixed things about but he also fixes some other lip lift doctors' works.

I am seeing more and more reviews about lips and the scar dropping back down over the years and I am almost reconsidering this. Anyone who has had a lip lift have long lasting results or know of anyone?

Thanks

My £2.4k UK bullhorn lip lift is still going strong at 2.5 years post. I would recommend Dr Mascaro in Florida who charged $2.5k I think. Ask @missy_sana of her experience with Dr Mascaro. We both had 2.5 million won vermillion lip lifts with Dr Choi at mvp after paying for bullhorn and then repaid for lip lifts bullhorn style in the uk and us respectively so ended up paying double.

I think often Korean lip doctors will to a vermillion lift on the outer parts of the upper lip and then a bullhorn lift to lift the center at the same time to achieve the heart shape that is desired in the west. Maybe this is why dr Choi thinks that vermillion lifts are suitable even though they usually don't end up giving a very good result.

@missy_sana Will you please kindly share your experience with Dr Mascaro?!
how was the surgery? Anything positive, negative please...

@Dilya

Thanks for asking, but I don't like how you try to chase up answers from me and other forum members in most of your previous 20 posts in this forum (including private chat), pressuring people with something like "can you share your pics???" and "PLEASE SHARE".

The forum members here don't have an obligation to share any personal info or photos, whether you ask nicely or aggressively, or get other members to follow up on your behalf. Because I don't see you doing the same by sharing your own photos in public, right?

Because of this, my answer would have to be "No, I DON'T recommend ANY doctors or treatment" for you, or for anyone else who seems to be suffering from Body Dismorphic Disorder.

Because looking through your previous 20 posts and seeing you had multiple surgeries in Russia, USA and Korea for your eyes, nose, and now your lips... Clearly you are NEVER happy with your results or complain about the doctors you chose or were recommended by other people. You also sound quite desperate and irrational, and not taking enough time to make a sound decision that would ensure good results.

So what are the chances of you being unhappy with a doctor/clinic I recommend or just talk about? Very high chance. Either you would blame me for making the recommendation or I would feel responsible for your unsatisfactory results because of the perfectionist in your mind.

Also, I would also be criticized by other people here that I seem to be * promoting * a particular doctor or clinic, which is what's happening in this forum.

In response to @marshypeep : The post-op results of a bullhorn liplift... well, it depends.

What I have found with probably all my surgical & cosmetic procedures:

The results DON'T last long or are very subtle.

And everyone, please get this in your head... that it may not be the fault of the surgeon/doctor, but a number of other reasons, e.g. anatomical structure, abnormalities, skin laxity, natural healing response, wanting subtle changes, daily habits, facial twitches or habitual tendencies, etc.

I think maybe my face just has a fixed template and refuses to change in appearance over time or just remoulds itself after surgery and go back to looking similar with what I was naturally born with. Lol.

After a while, you just have to accept your appearance and rethink twice about continually ruining your face and body like many other members on this forum.

Thank you for response missy_sana! There is no need to be judgmental and make conclusion as if I have a Dismorphic Disorder!
In this forum I have never aggressively attacked or blamed any member for advise or information provided!
On the opposite I am very grateful to Smitten Kitten and MissOrange for their responses and support to girls here. They always responded and gave information when asked. Sorry I asked you! Exactly responses of Smitten Kitten and MissOrange made up my mind to go to Korea. I am very happy with results. I have never had surgeries in Russia! Central Asia is NOT Russia. There are many negative reviews of work by Charles Lee from Beverly Hills, California. I read some girls here asking why he was still practicing plastic surgeries in the USA. So, I am not the only who had revisions after his half-done works. MissOrange in her blog of looking great after 50s has mentioned that your first plastic surgery is never the last ;)... And I agree. I am happy with work made by Wonjin and Hyundai Mihak surgeons.
I myself work in surgery as a surgery nurse and I understand the world of surgery. I have talked to one plastic surgeon who changed his work specification exactly because of peculiarities of working with ladies. I had great surgeons in Wonjin: one - for skin, - nose and - eyes. Noone of them overpromised or done anything unprofessional! Every surgeon listened to me attentively and told what should and could be done. If anyone asked my before/after pictures I would share! It is a big difference! I kept in mind that I could come back within a year and remake surgery if I am unhappy but there is always reasonable limits dictated by nature and own anatomy, so many factors. Surgeons in Wonjin did exactly what was promised! and they all made a perfect job. But you see the results after everything healed and I saw there were still some tiny things to make things even better. The nose hump was nicely shaved off and my nose became straight but the widening in the area of nose hump was still there. So, I went back and the surgery was remade as guaranteed by the great surgeon of Wonjin. My eye doctor was on maternal leave and me and my translator have misunderstood the possibility of the eye reshaping. We thought something could be done with eye bone socket... And now as MissOrange mentioned after 40 my face became bony narrow, which I like to some extend, but the fat grafting would probably rejuvenate my face.
Working with surgeons I personally see there are many talented surgeons who do not have good bedside manners, but their results are perfect!

The liplift is a great surgery but again it works very individually. I saw pictures before/after on Dr Mascaro site - the difference is hardly seen and very subtle. I just wanted to communicate to a "real" patient who crossed the ocean to do the surgery with him. But I did not pressure on you. I was patient and was waiting for response thinking we do not know the dynamics of life of the others.
but I was not passive-agressive in my request.
Thanks for dismorphic disorder ;)!

That is a shame to hear. I am currently trying to research the best method and what lasts the longest. It seems like the muscle hemming technique lasts longest. Dr. Rodriguez also kept emphasizing the importance of a good anchoring point for a long lasting lift but I just can't get over the scarring horror stories.

So far I've seen ONE review (3 years post op) saying the lip dropped down already. Not sure how old the person was. I want to be optimistic and think everyone else was satisfied and went on living but I can't help but think they're just under oath of "no bad reviews" if there was some droppage down the way. Makes me wish I could shell out $10k+ one time for a "guaranteed" long lasting result with Haworth instead of constant revisions but I don't have that kinda money.

How long did it take for yours to revert back to the way it was?

(Also I hope it doesn't seem like I'm missing your point with the rest of your post. I am inclined to agree with you. I just wanted to know...)