BeautyHacker

Some of you might remember me. I used to post in this forum, now, I do not post anymore. I barely check it. I feel compelled to post today because I am another person who had a horrible, horrible, horrible experience in Korea. Like someone else mentioned, there is this myth now that going to Korea for plastic surgery is the best you can do. Truth is the doctors there are not as trained as in the US. They simply aren't.

I am posting because another girl opened a thread saying she was botched in Korea and everybody blamed her and said her post was fake.

I posted my cat scan. I went to a very famous clinic in Seoul and the doctor seemed very knowledgeable and he left me with huge gaps in my cheekbones, I had bone resorption, facial sagging, even my eyes had problems.

It took me over 4 years to find a REAL craniofacial surgeon in the US who could fix me. I too am in contact with other patients who went to different clinics in Korea and ended up with results worse than mine.

Do whatever you want. I do not care. Don't even think of trying me saying I am fake or blah blah blah. If with my post I can save only ONE person from going to Korea, I will be happy.

Also, the swelling hides a lot of deformities. All these people saying they are super happy with their results. Wait. Just wait until the swelling disappears.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed your story on realself and on this forum. I know you are real and I applaud you for warning others. I, too, am suffering from poor surgery in Korea. Would you recommend the doctor you went to for the revision? Did he manage to fix your sagging ?

I agree with Denyagan. Korea overly photoshopped their images to lure in patients. No offense but Korean doctors seem heartless or just desensitized with botched work bc it happens so often.

Denyagan, Are you completely fixed or is there minor issues that you’re still dealing with today after swelling went away?

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate. I am using my horrible experience to warn others.

Yes, I recommend my surgeon in the US. I do not recommend Korea, not because I am racist

Bone part is 100% fixed

Sagging is 80% fixed

I might need a bit of filler.

The doctor who operated on me had to spend hours and hours to fix the irreparable damage that bastard from Korea created. There was so much scar tissue that pulled all of my face and eyes down because there were huge gaps in my zygoma and the zygomatic arches pulled everything downward, including the eyes.

I cannot tell you how angry I am, to this day.

Have you thought about having a lift done?

I think it’s good that you’re cautioning others how zygoma reduction can effect other parts of the facial features, like the eyes and soft tissues.

Do you feel like your eyes are 100% back to normal after reconstruction?

My eyes are 100% back to normal after the reconstruction.

As for having a lift done, it doesn't work like that. A face lift can help a patient with intact underlying structure. When these butchers do zygomatic reduction, they cut/damage the ligaments, the muscles, the periosteoum, so, simply lifting the tissues won't do much if the underlying structure has been severed forever. I am surprised my surgeon from the US was able to fix so much of the sagging, considering how horrible my Korea butcher was.

I am in a better place now that I had a revision and 100% of the bone problems were corrected, 100% of the eyes problems were corrected. I still have anger and anxiety because the surgery aged me a lot (the surgery in Korea). I try to work out every day to vent my rage.

My doctor is very good but to be honest with you, I do not know if he would be good with botched jaw surgery. I wish you the best. So many horror stories from reputable clinics in Korea...

LAll these people talking about facelift to fix sagging after zygoma but thank you for spreading knowledge that a facelift might not work or last on someone who had bone reduction. I wonder what a person’s can do to fix sagging after these type of surgery? Inject fillers into their faces to lift up soft tissue?

I think one girl in this group mentioned a coronal incision is needed for reconstruction so it doesn’t cause further sagging from dissection.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I don't have much to add, but I think it's important that we allow negative threads and criticisms. The last thread probably did go a bit overboard, but not any more so than this similar thread about plastic surgery in Thailand. It makes no sense that the last thread was locked, while a blatantly racist (Thais are "liars and thieves") post is allowed to stand.

The problem with these doctors who perform cheekbone reduction is that they do not explain things well to their patients. Most patients have cheekbone reduction thinking it will make their wide face narrower. Nothing can be further from the turth. The width of the face is determined by the maxilla (the facial surface where the nose and eye sits). Narrowing the cheekbone arches will create hundreds of problems AND the face will still be wideS it will just look off and unnaturally straight. It will lose the anatomical contours.

I had a coronal incision to fix this mess. My surgeon from Texas fixed the eyes and bony part 100%. God bless him. However, to this day, i am furious and livid at the korean surgeon. He lied to me and lied to many other patients.

In order to access the zygomatic arches to break them and narrow them, they have to cut and destroy all of the ligaments, muscles, fat pads that keep the facial envelope up, in a youthful position. There is no other surgery that ages you as much as this one.the surgeon swore up and down that it was not gonna happen, that he was the best in Korea. I was stupid and trusted him. So, a face lift doesn’t fix the problem 100%. Dr Eppley explains it on his website why facial sagging from cheekbone reduction is almost impossible to fix. The ligaments, peristeoum are destroyed forever. The facial envelope doesn’t sit as tightly as before anymore. PLUS, removing the malar eminences is like removing the poles that keep a circus tent up. Can you follow my analogy?

I have seen many patients who underwent similar surgeries. They can look good in photos but NOT in real life. Be careful, these photos can lie

Oh wow. I thought you had it fix through he mouth.

Did you ever think about cheek implants after reconstruction to bring back the contour and fullness to the face?

gee.... I'm so...so... sorry you had to go through all these and yes, you are right! most of reviews are fake that's why it's important to choose the clinic wisely... anyways... thanks for your story and sharing hope you'll get the result you wanted very soon