BeautyHacker

My Rhinoplasty at GNG

Helloo, I just wanted to share my experience getting rhinoplasty at GNG in 2017 (Octtober)!

(Sorry about my grammar and all the spelling errors!)

First and foremost, I actuall went with DFK since it was my first time traveling to korea, not knowing anything about the country or the language, and I also traveled alone. Therefor my experince might have been different from someone who went there without DFK.

Before coming to Korea GNG recommended i get humpectomy + tip plasty and they quoted me 5.5 mil krw. All of the clinics that DFK presented (Cinderella, ID Hospital, JW Clinic and GNG) recommended I get humpectomy + tip plasty except for Banobagi, they recommended reduction rhinoplasty (guess that’s kind of the same thing though).
To be completely honest I don’t remember my exact schedule.. I don’t remember my first consultation the day before surgery hehe..

Surgery day, pre op
Anyways the day of the surgery!! (20/10) DFK came to pick me up an we went straight to GNG. There was a lot of people sitting in the waiting room, mostly locals. I dont remember but I probably did the blood tests, scans and heart thingys before the consultation. Heheh I’m scared of needles so I almost fainted like 4 times and had to lay down on several different sofas while trying to get to a different floor.. (YEs there’s like 378861 floors at GNG). Also, I thought it would be more strict with like showering and stuff but the only thing I had to do was wash my face and but the hopsital gown on (and the super duper ugly panties).
I went in for consultation and I had 2 translators, one from DFK and one from GNG (they were all super cute and very kind), and I also had a korean friend with me. We looked at the pictures of me on a computer and the consultant told me what they thought was necessary to do, went through some papers and then I went to consult with Dr Seong. I don’t know if they do like this at all clinics but it seemed like they wanted me to figure out what I wanted done at the first consultation so that when I came to the Dr everything was already figured out and he would just roughly tell me what he thought and then go through the details of the surgery. Since I’m very shy and don’t like asking for stuff, my korean friend did most of the talking. Him and Dr Seong agreed that if I had a deviated septum the Dr would fix that too (which would cost a little more). To be honest I was just so nervous and felt dizzy all day so I just sat there while everyone else talked… Dr Seong then drew lines on my nose and then I went to my ward and waited for my surgery slot.
My DFK translator had to go help another client so I was accompanied by one of GNG’s translator and omg i loved her (and them) so much they really are soo kind and funny. She followed me all the way to the surgery room, actually not really, I had to go through a really scary door by myself into the suregry room cause of safety I guess (it was some kind of chamber that blew air on me,, idek) . The rest is honestly all just a blur. There was someone in the surgery room that I knew and spoke in english to me but i couldn’t make it out who it was lol. I just know I felt safe with that person and they calmed me down.

Post op
Anyways I woke up not feeling bad at all and the swelling hadn’t really begun yet. I wasn’t feeling any pain or discomfort, that’s like the only thing i remember. I will say that this was not my first or second time I went under GA so idk maybe you get a little used to it?? My surgery was scheduled at 16:00 and I woke up at like 20:00, the swelling got bad about 3 hours later. Dude my swelling was baaaad, like really bad (as shown in the pictures hehe). I got some kind of vitamin thing in my IV drop and later I got antibiotics I believe?? I was awake until like 6 or 7 in the morning (I just sat in my bed or in my chair and looked at myself in the mirror, went to the toilet and took goofy mirror selfies in my hospital gown) and then I slept for about 4 hours. During the night I had two ice packs on my face to try and get the swelling down, I also got some kind of deswelling treatment or something, I layed down in a tank the air gets really high pressure? Idk how to explain it sorry.. English isn’t my mother tongue. The nurses was very kind and gentle with me the whole night and they came to check up on me several times and changed the ice pack for me. IWhen I woke up I got pumpkin porridge but didn’t eat that much.

DFK came to pick me up in the afternoon, her and GNG’s translator came in and started giggling when they saw my swelling lmaaaao… Anyways I got a lot of pumpkin juice and medicine to take every day, I also got ointment for my stitches and one ice pack. Might’ve gotten more stuff but I don’t remember.

First check up
The 23rd I went for a check up and they also removed the gauze in my nose... Boy did it hurt.. It only went on for like 2-5 seconds though. That was literally the only time I felt pain during the whole trip. I had felt really uncomfy the past days, walking outside looking like a monster, so I always went out for a walk during the nighttime when less people would see me.. I also felt kind of drained and I’m guessing that is because I didn’t eat a lot the days after surgery. OH RIGHT, the worst thing was trying to sleep stting up lol. They told me not to lay down and not to tilt sideways as it might f**k up my nose.. At the check up I also got deswelling treatment (Infrared Ray therapy, by they way you can read about the deswelling treatments at GNG’s website I believe). I went back home and had my next check up the 27th. After this check up (23rd) I felt a lot more better, I had a better aptite and was more active.

Second check up
The 27th = day of cast removal!! Up until the 23rd my eyes had been super red/blue/lilac but they day after it started turning yellow and green and i basically looked like shrek. Removing the cast and the stitches did not hurt at all neither did it hurt removing the plastic things/splints they put inside my nose for support. I got one last deswelling treatment before taking the after photos and then I was done! That was my last check up at GNG. One thing that i found really annoying was my bloody eyes, like my vessels broke and my right eye was ”bloody” for about 1 month post op..

Here are some pictures throughout my journey lol. I know this was a really messy review but like i said, I don’t remember a lot and I’m aslo writing this at work hehe. Feel free to ask any questions!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know right!
The redness gradually dissapeared and was completely gone in maybe 1,5-2 months iI believe?

Thank you!:smile: At first I wanted a really dramatic change but Dr Seong convinced me to do a natural one and I'm super thankful for that now..

Thanks! I believe i paid 6.5 mil krw for the whole surgery, keep in mind this was in 2017 though. I saw that GNG has some event and rhino is apparently 5.5 mil krw!

• 1 month later...
Your nose looks amazing! So happy for you!
I was wondering how did you feel about DFK I have read so many people saying they don't provide the services they say they will provide and that they are not caring and only put on a show on their youtube videos with their influencers. Would greatly appreciate any further info :heart:

Hi
Thank you for the information.
Can you share your recent pictures? because we have never seen people posing their pictures 1year after surgery.
I am really wonder how the nose from GNG will change after a year.
If you don't mind, please share with us :smile:))
Thank you