BeautyHacker

Botched Rhinoplasty April31 Plastic Surgery Clinic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awesome, I thought patients, especially us foreigners, had no chance of recovering any money once we handed our money over. This should be a lesson to everyone to pay by credit card, even if it means not getting a cash discount.

Actually: There are options for cash payers and those are arbitration agencies, foreign patients do have rights even if they pay with cash under the assumption of safety- it's all about doing your research if you find yourself in a situation and taking responsibility for solving your problem, because majority of the time, the credit companies will not give your money back for plastic surgery, and just because you may have paid with a card instead of cash doesn't mean you will receive a refund if something goes wrong, so enforcing the incorrect notion that card payers are somehow "safe" is just not the truth, it's actually very far from the truth and you're liable in some ways if you suggest that patients only with cards and they're unable to recover funds after a failed outcome. My case is 1 out of 1000 cases, the other 999 never receive a refund. It's all about doing your research and being well-connected helps too; paying with a credit card is not the insurance, choosing an ethical clinic is the insurance. xx

I did not mean to suggest the credit card company will always rule in your favor but unlike cash you would at least have another party, one based in your own country, hearing your dispute.

Can you specify the arbitration agencies that you are referring to? I've spoken with another forum member going through this and an agency which I referenced before, the Korea Medical Dispute Mediation and Arbitration Agency
(https://www.k-medi.or.kr/eng/lay1/S239T385C386/contents.do), hasn't responded to her emails and perhaps more troubling they have some difficult requirements for foreigners to meet before they can submit a claim. You need a Korean bank account and any supporting documents you submit must be translated in Korean, I'm even even sure the former is possible for a foreigner not living in Korea? While they do have Chinese and English sections on their site, these things make me think they are meant for locals.

I went to the K-medi agency in person; you can use a Korean power of attorney if you choose to use K-medi, you don't have to live in Korea and there is an English version of their site; it's all about doing your own independent research, there are solutions to any problem if you actually do the work to find them (and if it's feasible). Almost any document can be translated using a free online document translator. I said all of that to say: Cash payers should never feel disenheartened if something goes wrong, they DO have options; it's all about doing your research, foreigners have rights, cash-payers have rights, whether they exercise those rights is up to them. Have a nice day! xx

I am happy at least you got some money back. No compensation is high enough for a botched surgery. You have to look at yourself in the mirror everyday and might affect your job performance and mental health. Good luck on your revision!!