BeautyHacker

Botched Rhinoplasty April31 Plastic Surgery Clinic

This thread will detail my real experience with April 31 Plastic Surgery Clinic located at 120 Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (before I had any surgery with them, they said they would give me a discount for providing a review of them on The Purse Forum, which I agreed to). Dr. Jae Hoon Kim was the surgeon who performed my "revision" rhinoplasty- post-surgery, my primary rhinoplasty done in my home-country had no complications, I asked for a slightly refined version of my primary rhinoplasty, after surgery at April31, I suffer from a collapsed nose from too many of my nasal structures being removed during the surgery, collumela retraction, my nose is completely flat, and nostrils are collapsed/ inverted-V shaped due to lack of support, and functional issues, also April 31 charged me for a full revision rhinoplasty with osteotomy but only performed a tipplasty (which was done incorrectly and caused my nose to collapse according to many board certified plastic surgeons I've consulted with post-surgery), after-care was nonexistent after the stitches were removed. All surgeons I've consulted with post-surgery have recommended a full reconstruction which is not an elective surgery. I had several procedures at April31, the rhinoplasty being the only one of which was botched; the other surgeries I had at April31 were by a different doctor. I will update the thread as much as possible while I upload documents to support my factual statements.

#botchedsurgery #april31 #rhinoplasty #blacklistedclinics #realpatient #jaehoonkim #botchedrhinoplasty

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately there are more patients with issues after rhinoplasty with April31 that don’t
come forward or don’t speak English so the language barrier is preventing the spread of information. I was informed there was a Vietnamese patient that had complications with her rhinoplasty at April 31 as well. She went to the clinic to complain to Chrissy. I’m creating a blog and a YouTube channel, I’ll post the links here when they’re ready. Also, I decided to get a Chinese/Japanese/and Vietnamese translator to help me navigate the plastic surgery forums foreign to English-speakers. There are a few people and representatives here who are helping a lot with my case.

Thank you for sharing this information! They should've immediately offered at least a partial refund from charging for surgeries they never even performed, but a full one one after the botch! Even after all the evidence, they still refuse? You're already losing money from needing reconstruction and it's impacting your university classes. I feel awful for you, this is crazy and thank you for bringing April31's insane malpractice to light.

Are you not the same girl who also got troubles with vip clinic ?
I’m sorry for your botched surgery, and I hoped you never had any bad income from your surgery...
But I feel like you already had a lot of dramas with clinics in a short time.
You should have make more researches and should have consult in person before making any deposit in a clinic...
you have money and didn’t researched a lot, that’s perfect for shady clinics..

• 2 weeks later...
I agree and they still tried to cover it up even when other clinics contacted them, please stay away from them if you ever get surgeries, even if they offer to do your surgery for free you should say NO. They're very untrustworthy and so is their consultant "Chrissy" Kim ( I doubt "Chrissy" is her real name and unfortunately there are no photos of her on April31's website so when April31 stops getting business, she'll probably try to to get hired at a different clinic where she's able to scam patients to help her commission).

I had no problem with VIP except for the fact that they messed up my reservation and Dr. Lee wanted to give me a nose that was much too large for my face; it would've still been better than the nose I have now, and although I would've probably been unhappy with it, I he wouldn't have botched it- I've been watching Dr. Lee and his work for years and I trust him, but I learned in person that he is not going to deviate from his own surgery plan and he wouldn't give me any creative control- THAT was my issue with VIP; I don't think VIP is shady at all, they refunded my deposit plus the wire fee, let me stay in the VIP apartment, and gave me beauty treatments although I ended up cancelling the surgery with them. If I could do it again after all my consults, I would've gone with VIP because they have the lowest incident-rate and they're ethical; if they screw up they will try to make it right. And you're right, I take responsibility for my decision to have a surgery that I truly did not even need, luckily I have lots of money, so I'm able to have the reconstruction; I still need to share my story so that others don't fall victim and end up in worse circumstances- like being botched and not able to have reconstruction due to financial issues, depression/ptsd, or a terrible botch combined with an infection and there's no hope of having a remotely normal looking nose or returning to normal life. I'm happy that I escaped with my life and that I woke up from the surgery so now I need to do my part to help others not to make the same decision I made. xo

I will post updates here and on the other surgery forums. I'm adding my posts to my blog https://botchedbyapril31clinic.blogspot.com/ and my youtube channel. I can't say too much right now becaus April31 is probably stalking TPF. xo