BeautyHacker

How is the pain after rhino?

I feel like its gonna feel really weird when they remove the splint from the nose. lol

I know its going to be different for everyone, but how long did the stuffiness last?

From my experience, as long as you keep an ice pack thing on your nose area while you sleep and keep alternating it with a cold one to your face through out the night, you won’t really feel any pain. I was more annoyed that my throat was getting dry and irritated from breathing through my nose since it was packed and a little swollen. Lol but other than the annoying feeling of not being able to breath through my nose the first 2-3 days, I’d say pain level (like warm feeling and throbbing when there’s no ice pack on it) for me was maybe a 2-3.

My friend said it was one of the least painful surgeries she has gotten so far. I saw some videos and it LOOKED painful. I never got rhino, but from my experience with plastic surgery and dermatology, skin treatments and lasers might be more painful than rhino lol

In my case, there was no pain in first 3 days but few days after I started having slight pain as if it's pulled(?) but it disappears as time goes by. I guess it's effect of incision during rhino.. Since tissues inside nose is modified with incision and stuffs

• 2 weeks later...
No pain at all after the surgery, but during the surgery it was SO PAINFUL. I wasn't in general anesthesia, I don't know what it's called but I'm only sleepy and not very conscious but definitely could feel the doctor pushing things in my nose. OMG it was so painful. But I did it many many years ago, I heard everyone goes under GA for rhino now, which is good.

wait whaaat? did i just read that correctly? you were painful during the surgery? OMG

You read that correctly. I think I was just under sedation not anesthesia. I didn’t feel the pain when they cut or anything but definitely (& sleepily) felt it when the ear cartilage was put into my nose. Very uncomfortable. But it was yearssss ago and the results still turned out so great for me so I kinda feel normal about it now.

Oh I see! Where did you do your surgery?