BeautyHacker

What does your family think of you having plastic surgery?

They have no idea. I know my family is super against any kind of elective surgeries. I have had a breast lift and implant, TT, and a BBL. I dress like a college student most of the time (hoodie and sweatpants) and I have been wearing push-up padded bras my whole life, no one in my family even noticed (I even got 595cc implants).

Got my eyebrows micro-bladed and, holy hell, the **** I had to listen to from my mother, not ever telling her judgmental ass about any of my procedures.

My family doesn't really care what I do. They say it's my body so my choice, but that also means I do have to pay for everything myself (which makes sense imo). As long as I'm not putting my life on the line with doing very dangerous surgeries, they won't really mind.

What exactly do you and your family consider as “very dangerous surgeries”. I think that for a young and healthy person the dangerousness of most cosmetic surgeries is pretty much the same.

I had to convince my parents for nose job that I got recently. Since I already had quite bad results from des and also had to revise it and my eyes still look quite asymmetrical, my parents were kind of against, especially my mom. Hopefully I could change her mind and she actually was the one who came to support me. At first, she was kind of skeptical about the decision I made but after meeting my surgeon she finally agreed and moreover, she liked him so much that already allowed me to revise my eye with him too! And btw, I’m also considering a two-jaw because of my under bite, already said it to my mom and looks like she doesn’t mind. Fyi, both doctors were from regen ps. My nose job surgeon was dr.Lee and for two-jaw I got a consultation with dr.Oh

My parents were pissed. Still not happy about it because I had to correct the botched work I had done after going to tlps . Which cost me thousands..
I understand now why they felt concerned . I was too young and not sure what I was getting myself into. I wish my parents would have been a little more involved with my research in the beginning.

My family thinks I am vain and greedy for wanting plastic surgery. I want to improve myself but I feel like I’m being selfish at the same time. Looks aren’t everything. I wonder why I can’t just accept myself.

I didn't tell my parents, as they though that if you go for plastic surgery, the difference it going to be too big and it will look unnatural.
After I had my nose surgery, and after the swelling came down, my mom was quite surprised with how natural it looks. I told her that I want to have a DEF procedure also, and she agreed to come with me to Korea hahah I already made an appointment with Seoul Queen for July, but because of this corona situation T.T I don't know if I can go or not...

My parents could care less, like they're happy if I'm happy and it's not like I did something extreme that I'm not recognizable anymore or something like that. My parents have always been extremely strict, but I'm happy that they are open minded when it comes to these things. My nose bothered me severely for most of my life and it was such a pretty outcome afterwards, they were so happy for me! My siblings are just as happy for me. They're so pleased, they joke about getting it done themselves :amuse:

That being that, even if nobody approved, I was so unhappy with myself back then that I know I would have ended up sneaking around and doing it behind their backs anyways. I always dreamed of a time where I wouldn't have to feel like how I did in those days.