BeautyHacker

What does your family think of you having plastic surgery?

I remember being very nervous about telling my parents, I thought they would be against it, but they were actually supportive. They even offered to pay the fees. But aside from this, I think you should do your research thoroughly before making your decision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My mom is the same! I saved for my facial contouring but she wanted to pay for it saying that it can be my birthday gift from her so that I can choose any doctor I like and don't feel pressured to choose cheaper options to fit my savings. When I wanted to do breast lift & augmentation last week she was also on board immediately when I mentioned it, saying that she thought I would benefit from the procedures too but didn't want to tell me if I feel confident about my breast.

I'm also in the self-paying boat!! For my nose job in 2015 I basically scrimped and saved, and then went to Korea alone to get it done. I think my self-esteem was really low then and I had the mentality that my nose couldn't look any worse than it does now, so I don't care if something awful happens to me here. My goodness.

Fast forward 5 years now I'm looking into FC, and this time around I think I'm much more mentally prepared! One good thing about self-paying is that reminds me that I'm responsible for myself and my choices, and that's often a balancing act with other financial goals and commitments.

It seems like your nose surgery went well! And I'm the same boat in the sense that I'm really self-conscious and decided it's to the point where it's worth the risk of surgery. I sat on it for years since I really didn't want anything done.

Much more mentally prepared you say... :amazed:
Good point about the financial responsibility and being responsible for one's own choices!

It did! Conservative changes was what I asked for and received. Thinking back, maybe I overpaid. But I'm glad it turned out ok.