BeautyHacker

Anesthesia experience in Korea vs. North America

Hello everyone, I was wondering, for those of you who have had the experience, or who have done the research of this aspect, is there any significant difference between anesthesia appointed in surgeries in Korea versus the experience in North America. 

I start to wonder, because I read about a girl sharing her anesthesia experience in Japan, where she could walk wobbly, with the nurse holding her, right after waking up from GA, versus, in China, she needed to be carried and unable to move at all right after the surgery.  

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't really know about anesthesia differences in regards to different countries but it's hard for me to imagine that they would have fundamentally different anesthesia as the basic principles remain the same.

However, there is different pain medications that can be used and sometimes people do better/worse with one. The girl from the story might have had a slight allergy to one of the medications used during anesthesia as well. My rhinoplasty surgeon told me that it's important to know for example if you have a soy allergy as some anesthesia medications are using soy based peoducts. If you have a soy allergy but are not aware of it you're not gonna do well with certain types of anesthesia. Maybe that girl had some type of allergy or just a bad anesthesiologist.

Definitely a good idea to do some general allergy testing before surgery ☺️.