BeautyHacker

Anyone have any experience with LAMS lipo? (Local anesthesia minimal-invasive lipo)?

I’m interested in going to Korea to get liposuction on my stomach. I’m at my ideal weight and am rather thin all over, but I carry majority of my fat in my tummy. 

I would rather get the least invasive procedure possible and was interested in LAMS. I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with LAMs as I cannot find much online. 

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a specific reason you're considering this method over the tried-and-true mini-lipo or traditional liposuction? It sounds like you're describing "skinny fat," and the fat around the belly is usually the most stubborn and last to go.

Just in case people aren't aware, LAMs stands for Local Anesthetic Minimal-Invasive Liposuction. It typically involves an injection of a solution used to initially dissolve or break down the fat. This is followed by "tunneling," which means moving a large, thick syringe back and forth in a stabbing/scraping motion to further break up the fat, making it easier to be removed or suctioned out with a large syringe. This method contrasts with making an incision and inserting a cannula (tube) connected to a vacuum or using laser-assisted liposuction. The latter uses heat to emulsify fat and a saline solution, which is then suctioned out. This technique was coined and developed by 365 MC. Being a relatively new procedure, it's likely trademarked, so some clinics may not have the authorization to market it as LAMS. I've observed that iWell offers it, possibly because they received training from 365 MC and obtained permission to use the technique.