BeautyHacker

I'm interested too! It seems these days you can have very simple procedures. I think Ashlee Simpson's took a week only to recover!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! The doctor I saw said 1 week of rest, 2 weeks being careful (no
Volleyball for me!) and then you are done. I couldn't believe it! Hoping
someone here has recent experience.

only surgery im considering is rhinoplasty. i think after almost a decade of my broken poorly set nose, its time to get rid of some of that and gain some confidence and a couple of admiriers my way :P

Good to hear you're doing well after your TT. Have you noticed your clothes fitting better/differently yet or is it too soon?

I had lipo on the tummy, upper hips and arms. I am fit and exercise 5 days a week. The reason I resorted to lipo was because any amount of exercise and diet cannot take out the little pouch that I got after giving birth via caesarian. Wearing hipster pants was out of the question because that pouch would just hang out it looks really ugly. I am happy I had lipo. I am very satisfied with my tummy and upper hips, although my arms did not decrease in size that much. I guess I am really built with heavy arms. Just make sure you get a reputable doctor to perform the procedure.

In my book, it says that there's only a certain amount of fat the doctor can safely take out. (Anyone who's had the procedure can tell me? I could check my book, but I can't find it right now.)

It's a red flag if the doctor tells you they can take out more than that.

• 2 years later...
I'd love to hear more from the ladies that have had a tummy tuck. What was your recovery like and what your outcome what you expected? How did your family react to you have this done? How long were you restricted from doing everyday things?

I was seriously considering breast implants few years ago when I was nineteen. I didn't had enough money at the time but I was in consultation and everything. My surgery was only delayed because of the lack of money.. And I am really happy it did! I am now 22-year-old and happy in my own body and with my B-cup breasts. ;) I am so so thankful that I didn't had enough money at that time! :yahoo: For me it was a stupid idea. I am not against plastic surgery - don't get me wrong - it is just something I wouldn't do. I would feel myself somehow "fake" with breast or other implants.

One thing I surely will do in the future is to repair a dreadful looking scar in my chest.. I really hate it! :crybaby: It was caused by a doctor who was not a surgeon and she still cut out a big mole from my chest. So now I am stuck with the result - a really really ugly scar.

All the best to everyone! :smile:

I have had two plastic surgeries but under unusual circumstances ...

When I was born, my right ear stuck out, not my left. My mother decided for me that when I was nine she would have a plastic surgeon "fix" it. I didn't really get what surgery was at the time and didn't protest. I was OK but if I had it to do all over again I would have preferred that my mother let ME decide if/when to fix it. I probably would have made that decision by the time I was about 13 and appearance became more important.

Last year I had a really bad fall, broke my wrist and landed on my face. I chipped off half of one of my front teeth. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the pieces lodged inside my mouth, inside the lower lip area. After x-rays determined there were pieces in there, I had a plastic surgeon remove them from the inside of my mouth so no scars would be visible. Someone suggested that I just go to a dermatologist, but there was no way I was going to do that because dermatologists are not surgeons.

For anyone, regardless of situation, I think the most important thing is to check out your doctor and make sure they are qualified to do the surgery of your choosing. There are a lot of doctors out there who are not cosmetic surgeons but yet are doing cosmetic procedures. Only go with a board certified surgeon.

• 2 months later...

Me too! there's no way on earth he'd ever let me though. He's so against unnecessary surgeries.

It sucks because I have a naturally chubby tummy, and now that I've put on weight it's just ridiculous. I'm going to need to start shopping for maternity clothes pretty soon. :rolleyes:

ETA: didn't realize how old your comment was, iheartLV :P