BeautyHacker

I work in the hospitality and tourism industry in Juarez, and we get lots of girls and women from New York who come to our city for bariatric surgeries and follow-up plastic surgeries. They mainly get the gastric bypass but US doctors won't perform the operation unless they are morbidly obese. Also their health insurance will not pay. Our doctors will take on the duty and perform the operation even if the patient is not considered morbidly obese. It hurts my soul to see these well-to-do girls ruining their healthy yet plump bodies in pursuit of the skinny physique.. The men here admire a little meat on the bones. The girls often make a mess of their hotel rooms with a binge prior to the surgeries. It makes me wonder about their true motivations.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lipo .. YES!! Implants??? Make sure you research the implants to see what is best for you. Any of these things will make you feel better about the way you look. A good doctor can make the difference.

Hmm...well, you say that the doctors in your country are "taking on the duty" of performing these surgeries. That could also be seen a different way - they could be seen as taking advantage of the lucrative business of performing surgeries on these people for whom the surgery is not justified. They really should not be performing this surgery on people with a BMI lower than 40 (unless the patient has serious obesity-related health problems). Gastric bypass is particularly invasive and I hope that some of these lower-BMI people consider the lap-band instead.

I lost 110 lbs with the lap-band and have kept it off for 2 years now. I struggled with obesity all of my life (never able to maintain weight losses). It was just in the nick of time for me--I am 43 and I know I would have started to have a serious decline in my health if I didn't lose the weight. I also have had follow-up plastic surgery - I had a lower body lift and necklift. Boobs are next. ;)

As some of you kow, I just had Liposuction and am still recovering! I am so happy with it, I cant wait for my swelling to go down even more! So far its amazing.

I'm lucky on the north side. I am a 34DD naturally, but sadly this makes me look a little fat! I have thick arms and I may eventually have them done. Once this swelling goes down I want to have the fat on my inner under arm removed. More precisely the part where the arm joins the body on the upper part of the breast ive god a bulgy bit, and it is not pretty. Does anyone know of such a procedure?

Also eventually I am dying to have my upper lip plumped. Does anyone have personal experience with a system (restalyne?) that doesnt bruise and swell too much? Thanks!

I don't understand what you mean?
I think people (and me) have plastic surgery to make themselves happy. At least most of the time. Someone with a flat chest will have it done to look more proportionate and to make themselves feel good. Not so 60 year old men stare at them (why 60 anyway?)

I thik its very judgemental and rude of you to say what you said. Sure you can have your own opinions, but don't hurt peoples feelings.

i choose do have both. i was blessed with my face and had the money to buy perfect boobs and darling believe me if 60 year old men want to look at me i do not care at all i just hope they are enjoying the view

and as long as it is my body my money my boobs it is my business and who are you to jude (or implement breast surgery/liposuction=horrible face)

A friend of mine had meso-lipo done on this part and is very happy with the results. She used to call these her #3 and #4 mini boobies LOL.

It would be nice to have both but like Swanky said, many dont get to choose. I say if it makes a person feel good about themselves, why not. Besides, whether you have a fat body or fake boobs, men will stare. Just a matter of choosing which is the lesser, or BETTER evil :graucho:

I would love lipo now but I was thinking of having a TT or lipo or breast augmentation after I have all my future kids. I'm 24 so I think its going to be a long time from now.

Me too. I'm a C cup and a lot of my Asian friends are always asking me what size they are & comparing theirs to mine.

Cool thread! I also had breast implants about a year and a half ago. Best decision I made! I couldn't be happier. I wanted this surgery since I was 18 and felt I was pretty patient waiting until I was 37!!:P I researched it into the ground and travelled 3 hours to my ps because IMO he was the best. Surgery was not painful. The procedure lasted about 30 minutes and the pain was similiar to that of overdoing it at the gym. I had 325cc of saline under the muscle through an armpit incision. I am a c cup and have no scars. I puked on percoset so tylenol was the only pain meds I took. My surgery was on a wed and by sat I was shopping and trying on clothes! I found an incredible website with a forum much like this one except it was all about breast implants. The gals were great and you encountered no judgement or questioning of why you want to have this surgery. A totally safe place to learn and get moral support from others who have been through it or are going to. It's soooo important to choose your ps wisely and do your research! Oh and partly because of the judgements people love to pass on those who have had this done--I only told DH,mom,and BF as well as those at work. I get funny stares from time to time by DH's family and the rest of my family and friends but no one says anything:biggrin:

Is that a website? I'm not familiar with that one. The one I found was implantinfo.com or something like that. I haven't visited it in ages and when our hard drive crashed a couple of months ago I lost it-it was in my 'favorites'.

I'm Asian and I have tiny frame. I wasn't really flat chested but being young ( was 20 at the time ). Whenever I went for auditions, I would show up worrying more about my looks and body instead of my lines so I came to rush judgment to get my boobs done. I didn't regret it but I just wish I would've waited a few yrs and I might have changed my mind. I went from 32B to 32C. They are saline implants and are positioned underneath the muscle. I had them done more than 6yrs ago. I have to admit though that they look really good.

I did also for a long time. Then I found the tPF. :lol:

It's funny, many PF's tell about how they met another PF'er shopping, etc. I actually ran into another YTF gal while at the CO river last summer! We still see eachother from time to time, and email back and forth. Small world. :yes: