BeautyHacker

I don't have any, but I want breast implants, and I would love someday to get my eyes done. I look really young, but if I don't wear an assload of mascara, my eyelid fat hangs over them, and hides them. *sniffle*

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a BIG wake up call for me when I started tyring to wear cute clothes but not look fat...it was impossible because I was super big. I would put pictures of fat me in my room and if I wanted to binge eat I would look at those pictures and say no way.

I would run every day. It started with just one block and it was HARD. Of course there were the days when I was like I GIVE UP but those pictures just kept reminding me of what NOT to look like. And now (two years later) I can run 3mi and feel great after.

Dieting: its just cutting sugar OUT...I would substitue diet for EVERYTHING, I do count calories and don't exceed 1500 for the day, and I make sure everything that goes into my mouth is accounted for....of course I do give myself one Junk Food day a week to not deprive myself and those days I just don't count the calories because I would probably freak out. I also became a vegetarian. I cut out all that meat and stuff and so going out to eat is often impossible for me...

Now to keep it off is easy...I have established a new lifestyle.

There are a few downsides to my situation though. I will never really see myself like everyone else does. I have really bad vision (legally blind) so when I see myself in a mirror I see myself about 20lbs bigger (magnification from my glasses adds those 20lbs). My parents thought it was Body Dismorphic Disorder and so did I once I went to therapy...but then I looked in the mirror with no glasses or contacts and was like NO WAY where did I go I am tiny and then everything added up....but its hard to constantly see myself as bigger than I really am.

If I can get plastic surgery I know I'd definitely like to suck out the fat around my hips, thighs, and my face. I'm one of those people who still has a bit of baby fat on my face and it makes me look fatter than I really am. I mean, my body looks skinny (except my hips are definitely slightly bigger) but if one only looks at my face, one cannot tell how thin I am. Oh I also want to get rid of the tiny bit of eye bags under my eyes but I'm scared to do it as I've been told that once I start doing that, it will keep coming back and get worse ...

I'm not even trying to look perfect, I just want my body to look proportionate as opposed to disproportionate. Right now I kind of look like a Lollipop with hips.

So happy for you!:smile:
I know I will also have the tummy tuck once I'm done with the babies...:shame:
Hope you dont mind me asking... how long was your recovery period and around how much does the procedure cost.:shame: :flowers:

I got implants for my 20th birthday present to myself haha. I love them! I think it's the best $$ I've spent so far. I went from a small A to a medium/large C, sometimes small D. I'm 5'10" and weighed 130lbs when I had them done. They do not look fake at all!

Thank you!!!:smile: I've heard alot of horror stories about the TT and so glad to hear that you got through it just fine...despite the long recovery.:smile: I hope mine would go smoothly too.:smile:
thanks again.

Can I ask, are you on Rebecca 's ba forum ?

I think it depends if you're doing it for the right reasons. If getting the surgery will make you feel more confident in yourself or to make you happier, I say go for it. If it's not what you truly want or if it's to look like your favorite celebrity, I'd say you probably need to rethink your reasons on getting the surgery in the first place.

I had a breast lift done and I feel so much happier and more confident. (I had too much skin. It's still all me, just a little more . . . up.)

There are shirts I can wear now that I couldn't before.

And let me just add: there's a big difference between, say, a quirky nose and a nagging flaw.

(With me, I remember just dreading having to take my shirt off, and every time I did, it was like, "Ugh!" Not being able to have children was bad enough, but to put up with this as well? I didn't have the power to change my fertility issue, but I did have the power to change that. Before, it was like, "Well, it doesn't matter as long as I have a really good bra." Well, there's only so much a really good bra can do. At some point, I'm going to have to take the bra off. And I'm so glad I did something about it. I'm not an exhibitionist, but I feel so much better about myself. I don't have to cower in the corner anymore.)

I bought this book before I went into surgery:

[​IMG]

It really helped me. The author talked about what happens in a consultation, the difference between a tummy tuck and liposuction, the different types of breast surgeries.

Barnes & Noble lists this particular one as a bargain book now, but finding a book similar to this before your surgery / consultation helps.

I haven't had any surgery yet; but I will when a) I have more money and b) start sagging (boobs,face, ANYWHERE!!)

IMHO lipo is for extremely stubborn areas that don't respond to diet and exercise...it's pretty risky from what I have heard.