BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I'm back in Australia now. I got my left leg aspirated twice and it was very painful. Hopefully I don't have anymore hematoma. Things have definitely improved during the last couple days. I'm at day 16th post op now and I can wear 3 inches heels and be comfortable. The scars got better too. I hope I will be able to walk normal in flats next week and the swellings will subside. I was 38cm on both legs and now I'm 33.5 and 33. Dr Jong suggested that I wear my stockings for 6 months! Lucky it's going to be winter in aus so I can cover up. If anyone is considering to have op with dr Jong, you can ask me anything you want!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi black caviar, I just got the neurectomy procedure done yesterday, not with Dr. Liu. My legs are really weak and it's hard to walk, but it's been less than 24 hours. I feel better than yesterday already at least. I'm hoping to see at least 5 cm reduction, because my calves were pretty big to begin with. What are your measurements?

Hi Princess 99998

MAy I ask where abouts you had the neurectomy performed ?
May I also ask the cost?

My measurements are 39 and 38cm's. How much reduction are you expecting and may I ask what your measurements are?

Hey everyone,

Dr Liu charges $6500 for the neurectomy. I think I'm going to have him do it. He sent me before and after pictures and they look pretty good. He told me with radiofrequency nerve ablation it's possible for the nerves to grow back, but with the neurectomy it's not possible.

HI creative flower, Im thinking of going to Dr Liu too. I have been in contact with him, just waiting to have an over the phone consult before I proceed with anything. WHen are you thinking of going? May I ask which country you will be coming from?

how are you now? can you walk ok? who did the neurectomy? also how large is the cut behind the knee?

hi

did you travel alone - which hotel did you stay at? have you any regrets or are you really pleased that you went ahead with the op and the results so far?

if you have posted 10 messages and wish to send a private message then if you put the cursor on the persons name at the left side of the page it should give you the option of sensing a private message as far as i can remember.

Hi Crystal

I have tried botox several times on my calves but i dont see any results.

I think it may work if your calves are mainly muscles. Mine have some fats as well n there doesnt seem to be results and i have stopped long time ago.

Also alot of botox is needed for calves as the muscles are large there.

Hope this helps. :smile:

Hi Mininana,

Are these calves your current calves before the calf reduction surgery?

If so, i think there is no need for you to do any surgery at all. Your calves look great and i would be happy to have such calves! :P

And it is only 33cm plus!

Hi creativeflower,

Where would you be flying from and if you want to know about radiofrequency, i think forummer Ashmi99 has tried before, i think it was her if im not wrong n she discourages it n went for the calf reduction with Dr Park instead. I think she has a new blog posted in her post.

I check what is Neurectomy in the web n it says :

Neurectomy is the surgical removal of a nerve or a section of a nerve. This procedure may be performed, for example, in cases of chronic pain where other treatments have failed. However the removal of the nerve can also cause negative effects, such as permanent numbness. A possible complication of a neurectomy is the development of a stump neuroma, which can cause painful sensations, in some cases worse than the original condition.

Im rather worried when i read about the negative effects.

Like yourself i also dont have so many days like around 2 weeks to spare for the calf reduction surgery plus the post-op seems very long. However, its legs we are talking about so im very concerned n do not wish to have any revision surgery at all.

Besides Dr Liu in the States, do you know who else is an expert at this surgery in Asia?

Cheers.