BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

HI guys,

I posted a while ago about my neurectomy procedure. I did the surgery on April 16th, so it's been almost a month. My legs have shrunk around 1.5-2 cm... I'm certainly not satisfied with the result yet, and I'm hoping for more of a reduction. My measurements were 39 and 38.5, so now i'm around 37.5 each (in the monring... in evening they are bigger). Apparently the results take 1 to 3 months to show up. I have a feeling that I'm not going to be satisfied... not sure if I would recommend this procedure at this point, so I recommend everyone wait a few more months for my updates before deciding to do it. After all, I had very muscular calves to begin with and if it doesn't work for me, it might be an even worse option for you guys.

It's still a bit difficult for me to walk barefoot or with ballet flats. I find it much easier to walk in heels/wedges, as these shoes require you to use thigh muscle rather than calf muscle.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Princess,

Great to hear from you.
Although its only been a month, I think 2 cm's is a great start! I have done heaps and heaps of research on the neurectomy procedure and read quite a few journal articles on the procedure and it says that it takes up to 6 months to notice the full effect.... with that said, i think 2cm's in 1 month is a great result!
If possible do you have an email address I can contact you on? I have booked my procedure in September and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?

Thanks Princes99998,

I've sent you an email :smile:

I was also so scared: What if I wouldn't be able to run on thread mil anymore ( the thing I usually do to maintain my current weight)!! I have been regularly physically active from my childhood and I had zero idea how to give up! Although it takes a long time to come back to your exercises or feel strong enough to walk or jog for a quite long time outdoors, it is fairly possible.
I wanna go to OZ cosmetic clinic where Dr.Park does this surgery. How bout you?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi darakuku
May I know why you chose to go to dr Jong and not dr park? I'm planning to go for the op this September hopfully but still deciding between the two. I'm a bit shocked when you said you were awake during the op but yeah thanks goodness your op is successful and I'm glad you are happy with the results. Could it be possible to show me your before and after photo? I have not been to the forum for some time and I need to have my encouragement back as I don't know why I'm so scared to go for the op now. lol

Hi guys, I've booked my surgery with Dr. Park at the end of July. I am wondering if anyone will be going to do their surgery around that time. I will probably stay in Seoul for 16 days. I am super scared and excited, and hopefully I can find a girl who is doing this with me. Thanks!!

I am from Canada btw.

and finally my dream will come true in 2 months...

i have follow this forum post for more than one year, it seems to be dead now. I wonder if there are any active forum posts that is similar to this. Thanks!

Ffxlulu. I just found this forum and signed up today. I am so excited for you! I wish I had that time off to join you, but I'll probably do it spring of next year. I was sick this ski season so I couldn't snowboard much which I plan to remedy 2013-14. I will be following your progress as you like to snowboard as well. I fear having the surgery and not be able to do sharp turns for bumps and the trees!

Don't forget about this site! Please!

Hey Skim3,

My original plan was to go next year spring time after the snowboarding season ends. But I just get super depressed when summer arrived and want to do this surgery soon. Dr.Park said I can resume snowboarding several months after the surgery. I am not sure if I can resume snowboarding this year. But I will keep an update for those who loves to snowboard/skii.

Anyone know if there is a place where I can rent ps3 console or something? I heard gaming can reduce the pain a lot.

ffxlulu,

i have been reading up on this site for the last few months and really want to get calf surgery done with dr. park. please do keep us informed of your progress! i love snowboarding as well and would love to be able to continue doing so post surgery. i'm aiming to go to korea in september.

thanks,
linney

hey linney,

why don't you join me for August instead. You might still have enough time to recover for the upcoming snowboarding season :graucho:

Oh my gosh, guys, I wish I could join you this year! Sending out positive vibes on your very speedy recovery for the slopes this year! Maybe for hose who want to go with someone, you should post on the "Asian nose" :smile: threads. It seems like people are going all the time and have to stay at least a week.

Hi everyone!

I'm also keen to undergo the calf reduction surgery with dr park in Korea.
I've big and muscular calves around 38cm each side. Do you guys have any success stories or experiences to share?

Princes99998 - how are you feeling now? Any improvement in your calf size?

Hope to hear from you soon!