BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey girls!

Time is passing by so fast, I’m 2,5 months post-op now and I thought it’s time to update you on my healing progress.

I haven’t written on the forum since I left Seoul 2 months ago.
After one week at home, I had to aspirate by myself, but nothing came out. I asked Dr. Park about that and he told me, I don’t have to do any further aspiration.

I think I had problems with my left leg for the first weeks after returning home, means I limped a bit because the incision on my left which I had the complication, hurt.
I also experienced that I just wasn’t able to run. I was pretty worried, but the e-mails of Dr. Park calmed me down.

Dr. Park was right, the limping disappeared after 2 or 3 weeks and the incision stopped hurting as well. I’m still wearing steri-strips over the incisions (have to do this for a total of 3 months). As for my ability to run, I still don’t feel comfortable to run, but it’s getting easier by every time I tried it (you know, catching the bus or train:P).

I guess I’m a bit abnormal, because I’m still wearing the bandages! I tried to change to the stockings several times, but they caused so much swelling!! :shrugs:
My calf circumference was 35,5cm before the surgery. After returning home they were constantly around 32,5cm/33cm. whenever I changed to the stockings, my calves started to hurt; i got a tingly feeling, they bloated like crazy and were back to 35cm!!
Dr. Park told me, I can continue to wear the bandages when I experience a lot of swelling with the stockings.

I have to say, I’m really glad I did the surgery!! I think it was the best invested money ever. I feel so much more comfortable now. My left calf is nearly perfect. As for my right calf, it looks better than before and is smaller as well, but the lower part of my right calf is still a bit big. Dr. Park says it’s still swelling, but he already mentioned a few days after surgery that my right leg would be wider than my left (bone structure etc, I mean my right calf is 1 or 2cm shorter than my left anyway). We will see how it continues.

All in all, I can really recommend the surgery!!! Plus, I’m really glad, I can e-mail Dr. Park all the time when I have problems or feeling worried about my healing process. He’s responding so fast and really cares for his patients!

Hi Marshmallow,
I also had my calfs done @ Oz clinic (in June this year) and just wanted to put your mind at rest. Before my op I ran between 4-7 miles about four times per week. I am just now, beginning to feel that I can take up running again. Until very recently, when I tried to run (for busses ect.) my legs have always felt a little odd, (kind of weak and collapsable at the knee, if you can understand that). But I was on the treadmill for 30mins yesterday, so things have improved hugely ! It takes time to get back to normal, but it's sooooo worth it x

Ok so I have been emailing Dr Park about the partial calf reduction surgery and I need some feedback please has anyone gone ahead with this surgery and what were your results??

1. are you able to resume back to your exersize regime i.e running/weight training

2. was there a noticeable difference in size and were you happy with the results?

3. healing process was it unbearable?

4. Are you able to wear high shoes after 6 months?

I am looking at getting the surgery done at the end of febuary next year and would rlly like some feedback please :smile:

thanks jess

Hi Miss Jesss,

You might want to read back the past postings. Cos quite a handful of forummers who have gone for the surgeries have describedand shared their experiences, etc and it may be useful for you if you wish to gather more info about the surgery.

Some of them have described quite in detail and it seems that most, if not all, who have gone for the surgery said there is a Difference in the measurements of the calves before n after.

There is also another surgeon who is doing this surgery but in Taipei - Dr Jong. But i have not heard of anyone in this forum who has gone to him yet, at least not i know of. I am also contemplating doing the surgery but have not made up my mind who to go to plus i need to take the time off as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi Javla,

Just checking have you decided who to go to and have you made the arrangements yet?

Cheers.

Well I have heard some good things I just wanted to maybe private message someone as I am just trying to make a decision and am a little scared about it all in case something goes wrong or I don't like the results but I am sick of ppl noticing my muscular calves and it is now kind of a phobia for me it's horrible

Here are some quick answers.

1. Yes, although if you are a serious athlete, you may not be the same afterwards. However, normal aerobics/working out is not a problem.

2. Yes and yes.

3. Difficult, but not unbearable.

4. Yes.

[​IMG]

What do you think about my legs? I think they are a bit big. I never ever go to the gym and I know that my legs have some fat in them. How do I get rid of them. I afraid to do calves raise because a lot of people said it will make calves bigger.

Hi Scooterella,

From the look of your legs, they seem to look pretty toned and fit already. They dont look flabby at all.

I certainly dont think you need to do anything for the legs but if you wish to exercise for the overall health, i think that is ideal. :smile: