BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

shinyglittery,

I actually work at the store all day and wear compressive stockings all the time, they are great! They do not make your calves smaller permanently but while you wear them they look slightly slimmer. I even wear them under black tights. My legs also don't get tired.

My legs look nice in the morning and get bigger later in the day because of the fluid moving down there, I guess. Compression stockings help keep body fluid away.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanku ^^ i bought compression stockings bcuz they were cheap
i noticed they make my calves look a little smaller than normal ^^
im not surprised it's not permanent buti wanted to ask... just in case ^^
but wudn't having both add thickness? i've only worn them for 2days n they help but the measurement doesnt change that much
so having more layers wud defeat the purpose? or not?

Skim3: np! I will def update you guys!

Roksana: I honestly think they look normal now. I would not feel ashamed to wear shorts/skirts if it weren't for my scars. I did post pictures in my previous posts. Good luck with your surgery!

shinyglittery,

You know, I was worried it will add thickness but I think we all so obsessed with our huge calves and overall circumference but for me the stockings make the contour nicer and slimmer instead, really looks good with skinny jeans. But despite it all I am tired constantly look for compromises and just want to have normal legs.

ah i know x_x the worst is my calves swelled up and the circumference has been 1-2cm more these last days T_T but when i wear the compression stockings the measurment doesn't go down that much but it makes them a lot better bcuz it gives them a nicer curve like u said, it's the shape that makes it look slimmer ^^

Sorry accidentally sent before I finished! It's supposed to help reduce the scar after surgery. It looks like Chapstick. You use it twice a day. I used it after my rhinoplasty. I think it helped.

nope i havent tried! thanks for the suggestion! i will get that next time!

I went to Infini Plastic Surgery Center (?) it's &#51064;&#54588;&#45768; &#49457;&#54811;&#50808;&#44284; in Korean. I tried to look for it online like the English name for their company but I couldn't find it;; Anyway I went there to get my legs slimmer because I had a lot of muscles.. They did a laser treatment for me. It took less than 30 minutes I believe. The numbing shot and the botox shot hurt the most (like 3/10 numbing shot and 6/10 botox shot). Them actually doing the needle/laser thing didn't hurt at all. It kind of felt weird having my muscles move on its own. They also give a compressing sock which you should always wear expect when you go to sleep/shower. It was kind of hard to walk after the procedure, so they make you walk around the clinic until you are used to walking on your own. I got mine done last monday. And so far my legs do look a little slimmer. Apparently it takes like 2 weeks or a month ( i can't remember >_<) to have your legs the slimmest (?) long as you do stretches and wear the compressing socks your legs should become slim~ infinips.com <- website and the guy's name is &#44608;&#48124;&#51452; Kim Min Joo.

He's super nice but I know for a fact he doesn't speak english all that well. He had a chinese doctor come and see how he did his treatment and it seemed like he was having kind of a hard time talking with her (but still managed to explain what he needed to). Remember cash = more discount~! if you have any questions just email me :smile:

Hi girls!!

I am a 25-yr old gal from Germany, studying business administration and eager to beautify my appearance prior to starting a REAL job ^^
My calf circumference is kinda around 32,5~33,5cm (depends on how much I work out my muscles or not).

On finding out that Korean government will impose a 10% tax on calf reduction and facial bone procedures from Jan 2014, I decided on an impromptu trip to Korea!!!

I am sooo excited. I have been in contact with Dr Park since approx 8 days.
We will do calf reduction, jaw and chin reduction as well! Dr Park allowed for me to schedule my flight as I pleased. There were no limitations, so he must be free around this time, I guess ....

On Dec 30th all surgeries will be performed :smile: On Sat 28th I will fly to Seoul.
About V-line surgery I posted in another thread as this is only about calves here :smile:

Anyone else in Korea soon?? Would love to hook up with someone! I am not scared about going alone, but I am scared of a boooring recovery time -.-'

I will stay in Young Dong Hotel until 10th of Jan.

If you gals are interested, I can keep you posted on my recovery, results and overall experiences :smile:

i have noticed that when i eat more salty foods and when i drink more sodas my calf measurement goes up by1-2cm... if i eat less salt and light and drink water it goes down~ i was really surprised how much it affects. watch ur diet, it helps even if u dont get surgery :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elena07

Could you keep me updated of your results? Could you PM me or email me at sweetielove3399 atyahoo dotcom. Did you see any calf reduction immediately after the surgery?

Im thinking of going to Dr Park for the Calf Reduction surgery too but I just came back from my holiday overseas so I can only go this year and im thinking of heading there between Jan to Mar. But im a little bit concerned of the weather there as I understand Korean winters can be harsh and I worry I would not be able to go out much after the surgery n I may feel miserable and alone and cold ..... while trying to recover from this tough surgery.

Is anyone planning to go to Dr Park between Jan to Mar this year?

I was swaying towards doing neurectomy midway but I heard the muscles might come back again n I heard the best option is still to do partial resection so im considering it seriously now and making my travel plans.

Sooooo im formerly yllom but as I havent used this thread in so long I completely forgot my user information. If anyone is interested in my "story" my posts can be dated back to page 80-ish.

Anyways, fast forward almost 2 years after my first surgery with Dr. Park, I am now 3 days post op with Dr. Jong here in Taiwan.

I originally came to dr. Park to correct a asymmetry problem. I waited and waited for the results to settle in but in the end, Dr. Park had not fixed my asymmetry and has seemed to worsen my original concerns. Dr. Jong dx is that Dr. Park may have over worked my medial calf (the part that bulges when you stand on your toes) and under worked the lateral side. In return, the bottom medial calf and the lateral calf grew to compensate for the loss in that bulge. Pretty much, the shape of my right calf was just completely thrown off.

So I finally decided to come to Dr. Jong as last resort. (I emailed Dr. Park and showed him pictures and he seemed to think my calves were perfectly fine....even though it wasn't just size now, but the shapes of my calves were different.) Anyways....my review of my whole process is that I should've came to Dr. Jong in the first place. Dr. Jong was VERY helpful, he was very thorough with all his explanations. Dr. Jong first made his drawings and took a look first, told me his thoughts, and then asked me if he had missed anything (he was spot on with all my worries). He and his staff were much more professional.

Dr. Jong had 4 nurses to assist and the anesthesiologist was flawless.
Dr. Park had 1-2 nurse assist in surg. and the anesthesiologist hit a couple of wrong nerves in my legs which I braced for with Dr. Jong's anesthesiologist (and never happened).
Dr. Jong surgical room was legit a surgical room, he was so serious about sterilization). Both clinics were bare necessity but Dr. Jong's seemed to be more up to standard.
Post surgery..Dr. Park had a nurse that watched you overnight to help to pee or whatnot and you had a button to call for help.
Dr. Jong used a catheter. COMFORT! After surgery on your legs, last thing you want to do is stand on your legs!
Dr. Jong = NO ASPIRATION!
Dr. Jong = uses ultrasound to look inside your calf muscles before cutting you up.
Dr. Jong even gave me a phone so that he could reach me and I could reach him just in case.
Recovery room was much more comforting too. Idk why but Dr. Park recommends elevating the legs and even the recovery bed is made so the legs elevate but Dr. Jong recommends laying down on your back completely...and my legs dont swell the way the swelled after surg with Dr. Park.

Only downside with dr. Jong is that the scar is double the length but at this point, I dont even care. Dr. Jong's surgical instrument is also long(-er, I suppose) because that's what he told me and maybe thats why he was able to reach further down the calf?

Anyways hope my review is helpful. Shoot me any questions if you have and I hope I will remember to check back on this thread.

Hi b_nthie

Thanks for sharing your experiences, appreciate it.

I was actually gearing more towards Dr Park cos I notice that it seems that more people went to him. But the main thing that made me geared towards him was because I understand that he removes only part of the lateral & medial gastrocnemius muscles n is strictly against removal of any part of the Sol muscles whereas I believe Dr Jong removes part of the Sol muscles too besides the lateral & the medial. So I was pretty much concerned whether to remove part of the Sol or not. But I thought hey it might be better not to remove than to remove since non-removal would not affect our movements?? Cos Dr Park said that it can affect ability to walk if part of the sol muscles was removed, if I remember correctly?

Did Dr Jong remove any of your Sol muscles? And did Dr Jong explain why Aspiration is not needed at all?

Also I recall one patient who went to Dr Jong n shared that when she was in pain after the surgery she tried to contact Dr Jong n he didn't really bother with her or something like that?? So I was concerned too although Dr Jong's prices are lower than Dr Park's which of course, I would prefer a lower price.

May I check how did you get the asymmetry originally? Did you go for neurectomy or some nerve or muscle ablation that results in this asymmetry which made you go to Dr Park to correct it?

Are you able to share your Before & After pictures that you did with Dr Park & Dr Jong, if that's convenient for you? I can be reached at sweetielove3399 atyahoo dotcom.

Now im again torn between these 2 men hahaha.....