BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I arrived in Seoul the 28th of September. I went straight to the clinic from the airport. When I arrived nurse Amy did my blood test and after I met dr Park. He looked at my calves and then we went through important information. He said that my ideal measurements would be 34cm (20% of your height). I though that sounded good so we scheduled my surgery the next morning at 10am.

29th September. I arrived at the clinic and dr Park drew on my calves. Later I went in to the procedure room to get the spinal anesthesia. I am extremely scared of needles. I have past out when getting vaccinated previously. So having a big needle in my spine was super scary. Just when the anesthesiologist found the spot to put the needle I moved from the pain! Do NOT do this! I got scared cause I though I messed it up. But the anesthesiologist found his mark again and I asked the nurses to hold me so I don't move again. He put the needle in and I felt me legs getting warmer and I couldn't feel my lower body. Later I feel asleep. I woke up a few hours later in the recovery room. My legs had bandages on them and my feet were super swollen. During the day Dr Park and the nurses tried to get me to walk. But when I would stand I would get light headed and start sweating so they asked me to lie down again, otherwise I would pass out. They noticed that I wouldn't walk today so around 18:00 Dr Park sent the nurses home and he stayed at the clinic with me all night. He said my recovery was slower than average because most people walk the same day. This made me worried.

Post op day 1
The nurses were back at 10 am. I had not been to the toilet since the morning the day before so I asked one of the nurses to help me. She wanted to me to walk to the toilet and I panic and said I can't walk! So she brought me a thing to pee in. I did really not want to do that so I asked her to get me a chair and then roll me to the toilet. I managed to get to the toilet but when I asked her to get me the chair to roll me back she said no. She wanted me to try to walk back. And imagine to my surprise I actually did it. I am sooo thankful to her for making me walk. I think I was scared to try it because of the pain. This was a big step for me so during the day I was walking a bit a few times. I stayed at the clinic all day and at 18:00 when the clinic was closing Dr Park drove me to my hotel.

Day 2 post op
Today I was suppose to walk to the clinic. But I keept pushing it forward thinking I will go soon, soon soon. I guess because I didn't think I could actually walk there. But around 15-16 I get a knock on my door. It's the guy from the front desk with a phone in his hand. It was Dr Park asking me to come to the clinic. This was great, just the push I needed. I got dressed stretched and started walking to the clinic. This walk before the surgery took me 5 minutes but this time it took like 20 minutes. I have read here that you walk slow but I was shocked at how slow you actually walk. And people were starring at me the whole way there. The woman that owns the hotel I stayed at said if I was korean people wouldn't have stared. It's cause I'm a white girl with long golden hair that walks strange haha. When I arrived at the clinic I was greeted by the two nurses. They had big smiles and had a gift for me. They gave me a chocolate cake that they bought. They are soo sweet. Really put a smile to my face. I didn't feel so alone anymore. Then when the doctor was ready I went in and they removed my bandages and put on new ones. Then they showed me the stretches I had to do and asked me to come back on Tuesday (this was Friday). Monday was a holiday so they were closed.

Day 3 & 4 post op

I stayed at my residence these days. I was only stretching and elevating pretty much. Day 3 I was stretching every 30 minutes but day 4 I was stretching almost every 15 minutes. This because my recovery started out slow and I needed to recover faster. Later I had the courage to take a shower. It is harder to stand up without bandages so it was a quick shower.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 5 post op
I walk to the clinic and it went faster this time. I still walk a bit strange but it took just over 5 minutes. I arrived at the clinic and they changed my bandages again and asked me to stretch. The only thing he reacted on was that my angles and feet were very very swollen. He made a joke that I no longer have ankles since they were almost bigger then my calves :P. So he recommended me to start massaging my feet. Later that day around 19:00 I went to the supermarket and afterward even walked a bit in the area were the supermarket is.

Day 6 post op
So by now I'm getting regrets of missing out on exploring Seoul so I decide to walk around. I went to Sinsa area, which was nice. I found Krispy crème doughnuts and a place called mango six which made delicious virgin mojitos. I walk for a bit more than an hour.

Day 7 post op
Today I went to the clinic again. I had my first aspirations. I does hurt but not a lot. The dr removed 40 cc which I believe is a lot. But that is also a good thing. It means that my calves should feel better now. Dr Park said I was doing my stretches well and said I can now walk for two hours or more. He told me to go and explore Seoul and try some Korean food. So later this day I went to Myeong-dong. I went there by subway. There were a lot of people and a lot of street food. It was nice. I also went to Lotte department store. I bought a pair of shoes cause I couldn’t fit in my. My feet are 4 times bigger than usual. I have been walking around in flipflops. So these shoes were a few sizes bigger.
I can also mention that I’m by now walking normal. No limping.

Day 8 post op
Today I went to Hongdae. It is a very nice lively area with a lot of younger people. They are preforming. Both dancing, singing and doing stand up. On my way there at the subway I met two Japanese girls and ended up hanging out with them. I was walking normally until I noticed that my new shoes had giving me the biggest blisters ever and I hurt so much I couldn’t really walk. So we went to seven eleven and I bought Band-Aid which helped a little. After shopping I decide to go to the old palace. When I was there I noticed I had been walking for 4 hours so I decided to go home otherwise me legs will swell up way to much.
But I can also mentioned that these blisters made the rest of my recovery and stretching harder. It's the worst blister I have every had. They were very deep. So be careful with which shoes you wear.

Day 10
Because I had walk so much I tried to take it more easy today. Only took a walk near the sinsa area.

Day 11 post op
Today I went to the clinic at 14:00 to do my aspirations again. I was greeted by Dr Parks very nice wife. I met her the days after my surgery as well. There were a lot of people at the clinic today so I had to wait for a while but had conversations with the other clients. One of the girls had come from Hong Kong and reassured me that Dr Park is the best and is famous for calves reductions. I got new bandages and he aspirated 15 cc. He recommended me to take it easy today cause my last days I had walk a lot.

Day 12 post op
Today I did the DMZ tour. I was very nervous about this cause I didn’t know if I would get too tired or if I wouldn’t be able to stretch enough and then have difficulty walking. One of the activities on this tour was to go down a tunnel that North Korea had made but was found by South Korea. The tunnel is long and going back up the tunnel exhausting. I though that I wouldn’t get back up but I didn’t want to miss it so I did it. Walking up the tunnel was exhausting however it was also good for me. It stretched my legs so it was easier to walk afterwards. So girls’ going up hills is good!! Haha

Day 13 post op
Today I am leaving Seoul. First I had my last appointment at the clinic. Now Dr Park was going to show me how to aspirate. He made circles where the needle should go but when he was going to show me how to put in the needle and get the fluid out I couldn’t look. I started breathing heavy. I am as mentioned earlier extremely scared of needles. Dr Park gave me my phone and asked me to video tape it instead and then ask someone else to do it for me. That was a great idea. When that was done he gave my 4 syringes and told me to aspirate once a week. He also gave me band Aids for my stitches. I also got to choose between 3 types of compression stockings. Oh and he gave me extra bandages. He told me to email him with any questions I have and to update him with how many cc I aspirate the following weeks.

When I got back to Sweden I called my health center and they will do the aspirations for me. Which I’m very happy about. I feel safer that someone with medical background is going to do this for me. So I recommend that other who are scared of needle or worried about doing it correctly to contact your health center or a nurse.

Scratch that last part, I called my health center again to make the appointment but found out it's a long process to actually get them to help me since they are not familiar with this procedure.. very disappointed. I'm very nervous now about doing the aspirations now..

Day 4 PO
Today is my first PO visit with dr Jong. I walked very slowly with the walking aid to the clinic. I still can't really bend my knees straight so I'm walking really really weird, getting lots of looks on the way to dr Jong.... When dr Jong took my bandages off, I felt like my calves looked the same as they were before the surgery, but just a bit "empty". He measured my calves and they were both 36cm. I was worried that they didn't go down in size that much but dr Jong reassured me that it's still too early to see a difference. My feet are a bit swollen but other than that everything is good. He said I just need to elevate my legs when I sleep and don't try to walk too much. He assessed my walking and told me the wedges I brought were not the most comfortable kind (strappy) so he actually told me to wait in the room for a few minutes while he went out to buy a pair of wedges for me!!! I wanted to cry lol, he is just the most amazing Doctor ever. He didn't aspirate my calves, as it's too early to tell if there's fluid accumulated inside. He advised me to practice bending my knees straight but don't walk at all except to go to the washroom. My boyfriend rolled me around and we got lots of street food. It was a really fun day, everything is so cheap in Taipei lol. We got back to the hotel at 6pm and I fell asleep at 8.

Day 5 PO
After I woke up I practiced bending my knees straight standing up, in wedges, for about 8-10 minutes and at first there was tightness and discomfort but the more I practiced the easier it became. I practiced every hour for 10 minutes and by noon I can totally walk fine without the walking aid! I still move extremely slow. I'm planning on staying in all day today and just do a lot of practicing on bending my legs straight.
I can see that the recovery process is soooo different with dr park and dr Jong. It seems like dr park advises his patients to walk right after the surgery whilst dr jong's protocol is no walking at all until at least a week later. I did ask dr Jong about this and he said he isn't sure why dr park wants his patients to walk so eagerly as it could only aggregate the wound and the legs would have fluid built up very quickly. I guess that's why dr park aspirates most of his patients but dr Jong said he's usually never need to aspirate any of his patients. But I'm sure dr park has his reasons as he's also been doing this for even a longer time.
I walk perfectly fine now except that I'm still very slow. My next post op appointment w dr Jong is oct 20 and I post another update. For those girls who have been emailing me I just want to say thank you ladies you been so supportive and have kept me busy on my trip so I didn't die of boredom. Love you all:smile:

Day 7 PO
Today is my second PO visit with dr Jong. I can walk perfectly fine now in wedges, in a very slow pace. My measurements are 36.3R/36.5L so they've gone up a bit since last visit due to swelling. Dr Jong reassured me again that the size will go down in time. I didn't need to be aspirates today as there wasn't too much liquid in my calves. Dr Jong asked me to come back in 2 days to remove stitches. I am healing well and making good progress he said, I'm happy with the walking progress I'm making though I'm a bit worried about the size still being big.
Dr Jong is such an amazing doctor, I just can't say this enough. His nurses are all so sweet and caring, they are really wonderful people. Yesterday all day I stayed in bed I'm trying really hard to not move at all and not push myself to walk too much except when necessary. Dr Jong advises not to stretch after at least 3 weeks post surgery to allow legs to heal. He'll go over some aftercare procedures with me when I come back on Saturday. I leave the following Monday and I'm sure he'll want to see me that morning before I take off. Will post update in a few.

Alright guys! Here's my story thus far (because I actually am having a hard time staying asleep tonight)! I'm by myself on this trip because the other girl had to cancel :sad:

Pre-op friday
I arrived in Seoul and used the instructions on Dr. Park's website and caught the 6009 bus to Sinsa (the website tells you which bus stop but I just went to the tickets sales booths and they actually gave me a different stop)
When I got off the bus I got super lost like 2 blocks from the clinic... I didn't walk far enough :x I actually caught a taxi the last 2 blocks and the main floor store is called "Olive & Young", you see "Oz [Korean words]" in big letters on the side of the building along with the other businesses in the building. I actually walked into Olive &Young and asked the cashier how to get upstairs... I didn't have wifi so my translation app wasn't working and I kinda pointed upwards and she pointed around the corner... the entrance to the upper businesses are on the side of the building.

I finally made it in for my bloodwork and consultation. Now, I actually collect blood for a living so the next few observations are probably some stuff other people may not take note of.

She didn't wear gloves (and neither did the nurse that put in my iv but the anesthesiologist did) wearing gloves while taking blood is actually a fairly recent manditory requirement... my teachers and older coworkers remember when it wasn't manditory and some of them actually still don't wear gloves or will do things like rip the index finger off to feel for a particularly difficult vein. They also smacked at the vein to make it pop up which is also something we don't do anymore.
I also want to note that wearing gloves while collecting blood is actually meant to protect the person holding the needle from anything that the person being poked might have in their blood. The nurse not wearing gloves is their risk.
All the equipment was in sealed packages when she collected and I noticed that she collected from a single piece syringe then put it into the vails. I have only ever used needle-holster or syringes where the needle is attached separate... this makes it safer for me because the separate needle also has it's own needle-guard apart from the needlecap. I want to reiterate, this is all safe for you, the patient, just not what is used anymore (in Canadian, bigger, non-rural areas... I have heard some smaller hospitals may still use these equipment) and medical technology moves fast. A lot of the equipment advances in blood collection is normally to make it safer for the person collecting... as long as the needle-site is sanitized and the needle is sterile, you're good to go as a patient :smile:

My consult with Dr. Park went well, he looked at my calves from different angles standing falt and on my toes. He asked what kind of athletics I do, I told him I dance ballet and do contortion now ... nobody really knows what contortion is... you usually have to demonstrate or show pictures. He asked if I did it professionally because he normally does not recommend this procedure to professionals because removing the muscle makes the calf weaker. I reassured him that I had done my research and that I only perform semi-professionally because it is not my livelihood.
I also asked about liposuction in the legs, he said I did not have fat in my calves for lipo. So I asked about thigh lipo, he took a look at my thighs and told me where it was possible. He gave me quotes and the thigh lipo was given a 20% discount because I was combining it with calf resection. They would give me a receipt for a tax refund at the airport. I know Dr.Park posts all his prices online because they are non negotiable so I didn't bother to try to get a further discount.
We booked my appointment for 10am the next day and I got a taxi to my airbnb.

I made sure to make some congee (rice soup... kinda the consistancy of porridge) before going to bed.

Day of Op saturday
I found my way to the clinic with no issues this time. All the train stations have English under the Korean on the signs :biggrin: There are lots of signs and arrows at the train stations and free wifi so my googlemaps and translator app were good to go!
Buying a ticket was easy! There's an English language button and an option where you can buy tickets depending on which stop you want to exit.
The voice on the PA says everything in Korean, English, Mandarin and Japanese (aw man, in Canada, we just get English and French lol) All the maps of the routes are in Korean and English.

At the clinic I got into the their hospital gown and had to take off all my piercings. Dr. Park took my before pictures and then I lay in the recovery room as a nurse inserted my IV. Then I walked with the IV bag on that rolly stand into the OR and I had to lay on my side as the anesthesiologist sanitized my back for the stuff that would paralize my lower body... there was a lot of deep breaths and contained panic about how I might never wake up or would end up paralized forever and fear of a giant needle in my spine like the spinal taps you see on house... The needle felt like a regular needle, not gigantic (whew) and I felt a warm sensation in my leg.
I woke up as they were wrapping my legs in the OR and they moved me to the recovery room where I promtly passed out again.
They gave me a button to press if I needed anything and would check in to make sure my pain was kevel was ok. My legs felt achey but I didn't want more because I didn't want to be hit with a wall of pain once it wore off.
I couldn't fall back asleep so I asked for my bag with my book in it and Dr.Park laughed and asked if I was bored XD
In the evening, he helped me to the bathroom (all the nurses had gone home) took out my IV and gave me a bunch of pills and instructions... tomorrow I have to stretch every 30 minutes and avoid walking as much as possible. I have a followup on monday as sunday is a holiday.
He remarked on how well I am walking (oh good!) and called me a cab.

I got back to my airbnb thirsty, in pain and hungry... I ate the congee I made friday night (thankyou me from friday night!) then tried very hard to sleep... I took one of the painkillers and I've been fitfully trying to

Hello Lihuei sorry for the late reply I just saw your comment. I have posted a few updates on here, hope they give good info and if you have questions on anything else feel free to email me or pm.
I'm excited for your appointment, pls knee in touch as I don't find a whole lot of people updating their post surgery progress so I would love to have someone to kind of compare and share progress with. Good luck!!

I had my last op visit with Dr Jong today. He aspirated my left leg for the first time. There were only 10cc in there and he said something so little will eventually disappear itself but because I'll be sitting on the plane for 10+ hours, he felt it was better to aspirate. The aspiration did not hurt at all, the nurse numb the area first so I didn't feel a thing. I am walking completely ok right now, in wedges, with slight tightness on my right leg. Dr Jong said to starting stretching in about 3-4 weeks post surgery so now just take it easy and let legs heal.
I am having extreme skin allergic reaction from wearing stockings 24/7. My legs are super itchy and red and I can't stop scratching my legs. If any of you have experienced the same issue pls let me know how I can go about getting rid of the itch. Dr John gave me some steroids ointment but it didn't seem to help. I took the stockings off last night before bed and my legs were swollen when I woke up :sad: anything helps at this point.
Other than the allergy, everything looks good. My measurements are now 35cm each leg, down from 37.5L/38R.

Here's a tip for those who are going to Taipei to see dr Jong via EVA air. In case you don't get one of the first row seats with super big leg room, marn your seat or ask to have your seat selected on the second floor, windowed. There is like a bench space you get to elevate your legs on!

I guess my post went up several days ago! lol it cut out and I couldn't find it so I rolled over and tried to sleep.
Day 1 post op
This was the most painful, I had to keep elevated but lying on my back all day was not comfy :sad:
My ankles are super swollen and I'm trying hard to ration my painkillers. Stretching was super difficult and I'm a dancer so I'm used to stretching but it has never hurt this much. I managed to straighten my legs by the end of the day but could bring myself to push myself against the wall so I dodn't

Day 2 post op
I went to the clinic today for my first post op checkup. I felt like I was walking almost normal just really REALLY slow in my wedges.
When I showed Dr. Park my stretching he said it wasn't good enough and pushed me to really lean into the wall... seriously I didn't know the stretching was supposed to be this painful, I litterally felt popping and shift under my skin.
They showed me another stretch and told me it's more frequency of stretching than length of time stretching so a little bit every 15 minutes is better than a longer session every hour. I promised to be more dilligent in my stretching and they changed my bandages, telling me to take them off for showed and rewrap tightly after.

Day 3 post op
I definitely upped my stretching game and visited a bakery for something more than just congee and apples. Still spent most of the day inside, my gait is improving lots and standing gets easier and easier!

Hi Happy Challenger!

My op is moved to November 8th now. Thank you so much for sharing your progress, I will do the same! The suspense and nervousness in building up! Could be going back to this forum more leading up to the surgery. So in total you were there for 11 days post-op?

Hey Lui!

My op is coming up on November 8th, I could still be there by the time you get yours! Dr. Jong insisted that I spare 14 days, so I'm keeping an open itinerary and will leave when it's best to leave. I read one girl who could go after 8, another after 11; so I guess it's different for everyone.

I will share my experience for sure! Will you be there alone?

Yup I was in Taipei for a total of 11 days post op. I know exactly how you feel!! I was so nervous and the morning of the surgery I was so nervous I threw up twice..... But really I'm glad I did it because my calves were so big they were making me very self conscious. I never owned a pair of skinny jeans or nice boots because they would not fit. I would always be that girl who wears pants to the beach. I'm glad I did it, and I'm glad I picked dr Jong :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

I am now at approximately 60th hour since the beginning of operation. Been following the U.S. election since my first waking day.. Trump madness all over the world!

Back on the subject and what you’re all waiting to hear about, I chose Dr. Jong in Taiwan for the partial muscle resection procedure. I had emailed both Dr. Park and Dr. Jong in early September, understanding that Dr. Park had done this a gazilion more times than Dr. Jong has - a credibility that should be considered no doubt - but my communication process with Dr. Jong won me over quite quickly. Moreover, I’ve followed this thread and read through the pros and cons between Dr. Jong and Dr. Park that also helped me with my decision.

Surgery Day
Was pretty calm and confident up until they started sterilising my body from the breast down. Then I got more and more nervous as they laid me down, inserted an IV needle, gave me the spinal anaesthesia, turned me over, waited and down I went to starting to feel the numb sensations on my lower half. The questions started to set in like, “Do I really need this done? Are my calves really THAT bad?!”

Well, no turning back now. So I had to pull out my best meditative skills to keep breathing and calm down, self-reminding of how sure I was in wanting this done, and how my calves ran my life since my teenage years and how long I’ve dreamed for this life-changing moment; and for the right doctor to appear into my life! Thanks to this forum and all of you contributing.

They didn’t last though. For the next 4 hours plus of the surgery, I was staring at the clock whenever I could, counting down (really bad move, don’t do this!); I fell asleep now and again, but for the most part I was half-conscious. Mentally for me it was a tough one, I continuously battled the two thoughts whether or not I had made the right choice to allow this done to my body - if maybe I could have learned to be grateful instead? I do apologise if what I’m about to say is a little graphic and TMI, but I feel obligated to be honest to share what to expect in case it matters and that if you choose to do this, you can mentally prepare yourself. Though I was numb and couldn’t feel a thing pain-wise, I could still feel the ongoing procedure when Dr. Jong had to, ‘pull’ and ‘tug' my leg out and up, time and time again. I found this disturbing and made me feel ‘bad’ for the decision I made upon myself. I don’t know if anyone else felt this or it’s just me, but ANYHOW, in the end I knew it was too late to back out and should just focus on the end game instead! One nurse whose role I believe was just to make sure that I was OK throughout the entire time, sat close by me the entire time; rubbing my hands for comfort, covering me with blankets to keep me warm, gave me heating pads for my cold hands - I think without her the surgery would’ve been more of a struggle.

Immediately after operation, my mother who decided to keep me company during the first critical days had already arrived in the clinic and saw the 4 (or 5)-nurse team of very loving and caring individuals + Dr. Jong transferred me into my bed. She immediately noticed a reduction in size on my calves. Not sure if its a placebo expectation effect, but she was right that the shape at least was already different, less bulging like before.

Not experiencing much pain here, I didn’t really have too much appetite for dinner that night, mother left, Dr. Jong gave me some meds, he stayed overnight at the clinic (I guess to be near my proximity in case of emergencies?), and then I slept.

Day 1 - Post OP
Woke up and like most of everyone had described, it’s not really excruciating pain sensation but tightness, stiffness and major soreness. So, it’s really not that bad. A urinary catheter had been inserted into my bladder so I didn’t have to go to the toilet to pee! I hear at Dr. Park there is no such aid given and everyone is forced to learned to walk themselves to the toilet soon after surgery. I can’t imagine this, but I suppose Dr. Park has his ways.

Dr. Jong checked up on me early in the morning before he went home to grab me some breakfast of homemade soymilk and orange - as I’d requested - then he left to go to another clinic for the day. One nurse stayed back to keep me company. I turned the TV on and followed the election all day on CNN, mother came by again, nurse bought me lunch, ate lunch, then, I HAD TO POOP. Dr. Jong already advised that it is best to eat little, and if I needed to poo, he advised doing it from the bed o__0 - there is no way in hell…. I asked the nurse to help me to the toilet, and my mum being there to assist made it all possible. I never imagined a trip to the toilet could be that difficult, but I made it and pooped like I would normally. Just with weak legs.

Not much into the night, slept early, woke up way too early, kept myself busy with the laptop, slept again, and repeat.

Day 2 - Post OP
Can’t wait to check out the clinic and into the hotel for a change of environment today!!
Like the previous day, no pain, same tightness and soreness. CNN on TV, got fed breakfast, lunch, laptop work, fiddling with phone to kill the time.

I also did something outside of Dr. Jong’s bed rest instructions, also didn’t ask for his permission in case he would forbid (but I don’t think he would, because the legs are still elevated). I started to scoot myself down towards the end the of the bed and stretched the feet against the vertical board at bed’s end. I aimed to keep feet flat and knees as straightened out as possible. First at wide angles, stopping just before a point of pain/discomfort, get busy with my laptop/phone/TV to forget about them; and once time has played into flexed out joints, I bring the feet closer together and repeat the process. Bringing the feet closer and closer each time, flatter and straighter joints each time.*

*Note: I stretch a lot regularly to a point of oversplits, and the one thing that concerned me as the outcome of this surgery is losing my split flexibility - so I’m extra keen on keeping myself ahead on this one. My understanding on injury is also that, the more sedentary you remain post-injury, the tighter/shorter your muscle will become upon recovery - thus why rehabilitation of mobility is highly recommended early into the recovery phase.

When Dr. Jong was ready to prepare me for checkout, I was brought back into the surgery room with the nurses, given another a shot of painkiller that made me drowsy - because he was about to take out the blood drainage tubes that were warned to be a little bit painful. A little bit painful it was, made me hold my breath a little bit, but bearable. They continued to change tie up my stitches, changed the dressing; Dr. Jong measured my calves, but I didn’t ask this time and decided to just wait until my next appointment with him to review, put my stockings back on, and off I went to be put into a cab with my walking aid.

The hotel lent me a wheelchair and I think everyone looked at me weird, “who is this girl wearing a long dress, on a wheelchair, got stockings and bandages around her legs and still choose to wear platform heels?” LOL.

My mum rolled me around the neighbourhood afterward, we bought dinner from the street food stalls and ate them in the room. I managed to move around the room with the walking aid to wash my face, brush my teeth, wiped my body with a wet cloth (no shower yet), and now about to call it a night.

More updates to come!