BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Dear Parachute

Sounds like you have had a successful surgery and with not too many tears I think. Good the hubby thinks it is a good job. Yes, bananas are definitely good for cramps. Did you drink much pumpkin soup as suggested by others?

My surgery is confirmed for 26 December. I asked Dr Park to confirm the price and he had put it up and I reminded him of my quote. That took place this morning and I hope he is going to honour his original price. He wants cash, can I ask if you paid cash or card.

I think Bio Oil is meant to be one of the best oil for scars but I have heard also about silicon strips (don't know too much about the silicon strips.

In UK hot and humid is rarely a problem but it can get hot in summer. I am glad I am having it done in the winter.

Sounds like you are making great progress, keep us informed. Hopefully I have a smooth surgery as well subject to me agreeing the original price.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST luck to your recovery!

Hello! Here to update again.

I am exactly 1 month post op! I feel a lot better..my feet is no longer swollen. I think wearing running shoes and walking around helped me quite a bit :smile:

My calves are uneven in size. Right calf is larger than the left calf! I am quite worried so I have emailed in to Dr Park to ask him for help. Mornings are still a little stiff, but once I stretch it out in 2mins, I am good to walk around normally. I miss wearing dresses and shorts but I have to keep my bandage on for another 2 more months ): The scar at the back of my knee is really dark. I am quite fair so the line is pretty obvious. I am going to look for some good scar laser to get rid of it.

As for the liposuction, I am not totally satisfied because doctor only removed my saddlebags (sides of the thigh) and the back. I can see a chunk of meat at my front thigh and I am quite upset that I can't wear skinnies. I was being naughty and tried on skinnies to see how I look BUT I still did not manage to achieve what I wanted. My inner thighs are lumpy and slightly wrinkly (like there are shallow folds). I hope the swelling will go down and the lumpiness will disappear soon )':

Hello! I paid via credit card as my credit card allows me to get cash rebates. I was not comfortable bringing over a huge sum of cash by myself. I would also like to add that most clinics in Korea offers tourist tax refunds but Dr Park's clinic doesnt. I was a little bitter about it because it was about 7%.

Yes I have been using bio oil after my shower everyday but the results are a little minimal!

Haha yes, you're lucky to have it done during winter! :smile: I hope to hear about your progress!!

Hi Parachut

That is good information. I am not comfortable carrying such a large amount of cash either. However, when Dr Park gave me the quote - which incidentally has gone up - he offered a 10% discount if I paid cash. I have been a bit worried about it.

Thanks for sharing your PS journey! Sure you will heal well!

Hi Parachut I just read your email that you are not happy and your legs are difference sizes - I had missed that update when I asked you about the credit card/cash situation. Did the doctor come back to you on the reason why? That is quite worrying. Also you are not happy with the lipo he did. I think he has not taken enough care or time. Has the situation changed or do you still regret it. It is an horrific op it is just that the girls on here are strong enough to go through it. Sounds like you wore shorts and dresses before whereas a lot of the girls on here have never wore shorts and skirts as they are too conscience of their calves. Seems like lots of people recently are not very happy either with the dr in Korea or the dr in Taiwan.

@parachute333 @camber hi guys, from what I’ve read and heard, it will take a while more to tell the final result. At least a couple to a few months more for healing. Isn’t it the same with lipo? I’ve read on here they also mention with lipo it will look and feel lumpy at the beginning of healing and then will even out eventually. But Of course it is Best to check in with the doctor and see what he thinks about it.

6 weeks post op:
@Bambu @camber Yes, I might be a little too anxious about healing. My left leg is still slightly swollen. My right feet is about 90% recovered. I can feel the sides of my feet but I cannot say the same for my left feet. I did an aspiration last Friday on my left leg and only 2ml was extracted. I still feel a little stiffness if i sit for too long and in the morning, but stretching does help.
My legs get tired after 1.5hrs of walking - I used to be able to walk for 3 to 4 hours non-stop haha!
I will be signing up for some yoga classes soon! Hopefully it can promote better healing :smile:

I went for a post lipo massage last week as I was frantic about my swollen thighs. The masseur wanted me to pay 6000 usd for 10 sessions of post lipo massage. Emailed Dr park about this and he advised me not to do it as its most likely a scam :O I have been self massaging and I went for manual lymphatic massage which is a lot of affordable. The swelling does seem to subside.
Will be travelling in another 2 weeks' time and I dont want to swell up in the plane again!

Hi Parachut

Lipo takes a few months to get over. It is worse than a surgical procedure as it makes you so stiff. I think the stretching will help as well and definitely lipo massage after a few months. I defo would not pay that amount of money for it, that was definitely a ripoff. He was taking advantage as you probably appeared anxious so he saw an opportunity. Do you know how many cm you lost.

• 2 weeks later...