BeautyHacker

I'm using the whole Obagi Nuderm line (Cleanser, Toner, Clear, Exfoderm, Blender) w/ Retin-A 0.1% and the Vitamin C 20% serum. I started the system back in September. I peeled and was reddish for about 6-8 weeks but I kept with it faithfully. I've been getting so many compliments on my skin lately. People have told me that I look much younger and my skin supple. I think this is the first time since I was a kid that I had great skin. I suffered from acne since age 13 and now I finally have clear skin. If I was a woman, I would not need any makeup foundation. You should stick with the regimen. When my skin was peeling from it in the beginning, I would just gently rub off the peeling skin in the shower. I didn't care about the redness. Most people thought I just got sunburn.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard alot of bad things about eyelash implants. Most people just endup plucking them out. It's alot of maintenance because the hairs are thicker and they grow at different lengths so they would need to be trimmed and also curled. Most people recommend just getting the temporary eyelash extensions.

There is a new FDA approved presciption treatment for growing longer and thicker eyelashes called Latisse.

http://www.latisse.com/?gclid=CP7EsdfPz5kCFR1N5Qod3zRaZA

MkRyu:
Asian skin has a tendency for hyperpigmentation. Laser treatment, skin peels, etc. should all be used as a last resort for Asian skin. Otherwise you get dark blotches.
Caucasians can do peels quite easily because they have light pigment.

Really? I'm reading through the earlier parts of this thread and a girl got eyelash implants and is very satisfied with them. I want a more permanent solution than extensions and Latisse but if there are that many risks... I guess I still need to do some more research.

hi! im new here...
im interested ( very, actually :graucho: ) in getting alar plasty and tip plasty if needed. i heard belomed in the philippines is a good place to go for the opeartions i said.
does anybody here know if the email add of belo "[email protected]" still works?
i wanted to know lots of things about the operations so i tried to phone them but i couldnt connect. i tried to email them but it has been a week and i havent gotten any response yet...
thanks in advance! :biggrin:
also has anybody here tried to have just alar trimming and plasty yet? no augmentation and inserting of foreighn objects in the nose? im happy with my nose bridge right now, its my alae /nostrils that are so wide, when i smile they "spread out"...

hi solus! im new here and i found your thread/ answer.
i would like to know which email add you used to contact belomed... i tried [email protected] but i havent gotten any response yet. hope you answer my question...
ive been dying of undergoing alar plasty and maybe tip plasty... :P
thanks in advance!

im sorry to hear that asin. i wish you well.
i have a question for you though, hope you answer... please...
is it when you had your alar and tip plasty that you needed to get some cartilage from your ear? or because of the augmentation?
im really worried about that... if possible, i dont want anything added in my nose... just reductions...

i guess i'm one of the lucky ones. retin-a has done wonders for my skin. it was prescribed to treat my acne

i got the ear cartilage graft because i had "nasal augmentation." it gave my tip more projection to match the augmented bridge. if you are just trying to narrow your nose you shouldn't need an ear cartilage graft, unless you want to make your nose more pointy and give it more projection as well. my nose used to be round from profile view, now its more pointy.

i'm currently using retin A. it's not really an invasive peel; it basically stimulates cell turnover, thus rapid exfoliation of the skin. i do have a tendency for hyperpigmentation, but that's after i have inflamed, damaged skin, e.g. from acne and burns. i know of a few asian women who get chemical peels and it doesn't seem like they get hyperpigmentation from it. you can tell when someone's had a chemical peel cause their skin looks very tight, smooth, shiny and poreless, and often have a red glow at first. after a skin peel, it is critical that you do not get any sun, because that will lead to blotches.

Okay, so I know this has been a touchy subject several times before in this thread so I want to make clear that I have no problems with my Korean ethnicity but simply prefer the aesthetic look of a Eurasian nose.

With that being said, which surgeons most successfully deliver Eurasian looking noses in the US and Korea? I got in touch with Dr. Park from OZ Clinic and after receiving my virtual simulation, I don't think we're on the same wavelength. I was actually terrified at what he made me look like!

Hi Asin,

I had my first rhinoplasty with Dr. Yap of Belo Medical. First off he put in a crooked implant. When I asked him to fix it, he just made my nose even worst and now I have to go to Dr. Jung in Korea to fix it. Please do not go there. You might end up looking like Michael Jackson. Belo Medical is only good if you plan on getting laser hair removal in your underarms. If I were you, I would save my money and just pay $4000 for Dr. Jung to do it. If you try to save money on plastic surgery, you will end up spending more in the end. Revision rhinoplasties are around $7k and now that's how much I have to spend to fix what Dr. Yap did. I spent about $2500 on a goretex implant just to have it turn out crooked and now I am spending wayyyy more to fix it. This is the price I am paying for trying to save on rhinoplasty.

Well, I went to belo site and hit contact us and started emailing them. They responded in 2 days.

I know that asian skin is really sensitive to laser, chemical peels, microdermabrasion but I have acne scars and I really want to take them off.

I know that I can have a risk of hyperpigmentation but can someone suggests me a threatment? Which is the best between laser, chemical peels, microdermabrasion or other things?

They have a threatment that exists especially for asian skin, the Obagi Peel. also, the laser that will take out the acne scars is the Fraxel/Co2 laser, is that safe for asian skin?

i do have a tendency for hyperpigmentation, but that's after i have inflamed, damaged skin, e.g. from acne and burns. i know of a few asian women who get chemical peels and it doesn't seem like they get hyperpigmentation from it. you can tell when someone's had a chemical peel cause their skin looks very tight, smooth, shiny and poreless, and often have a red glow at first. after a skin peel, it is critical that you do not get any sun, because that will lead to blotches.[/quote]

Asin, how did you burn your skin? From a chemical peel, or from a sunburn?

What kind of chemical peels can Asian women get? Smooth, shiny and poreless skin with a glow sounds great! I was thinking about getting a peel to see if I can get rid of the little lines around my mouth. I hear that chemical peels stimulate collagen production.

Nissy, about 10 years ago I had erbium yag laser treatment for two small acne scars on my cheek. I don't know if it was worth it because afterwards I noticed the hyperpigmentation more. They get you to use hydroquinone in order to inhibit melanin production a few weeks prior to laser treatment to prevent hyperpigmentation, but you still get hyperpigmentation which takes a while to fade. You'd need to wear sunscreen a lot in order to prevent those spots from getting darker.