BeautyHacker

I got both eyes & nose & rested a few hours in the rest clinic. I went alone as well & believe you will be a little groggy after surgery so they usually let you rest a few hours & then you will be ok to go on your own. I'm sure the doctor will help you get a cab if you can't do it on your own but you should be ok by yourself if it's just your nose :yes:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi keenose,

It's bad. I have been wanting to fix it for awhile already. I just finally got the courage (or maybe, desperate enough?) to do something about it.:nuts: That's why I'm starting to do some research about it, but I'm still very scared of the possible horrible stories that others have shared. You're right that I should send my pics and get consultations.

In your opinion, do u prefer goretex over rib cartilage? or vice versa?

I've kept making decision on one thing and then I read something new, and change my decision. I have been going back and forth many times, and it's driving me nuts!!!!!!

Thanks for your input

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Hi Maskd2003,

First of all, luvvvv ur nose. It's really pretty.

Secondly, I would like to have your opinion about rhinoplasty. I agree with you that tip refinement for Asian is hard, especially because of the thick skin. Dr. Toriumi is one of the doctors that I'm looking into right now. I would very much like your input about him. when you said his noses are somewhat foreign looking. Do you mean it's too pointy? huge? not match Asian face? please share your thoughts.:wlae:

Also, who do you think would do a good job for tip refinement, alarplasty, dorsal elongation and elevation? (for instance, if you were me, who would you pick):yes:.

Thank you and Have a great holidays!!!!

After I woke up from my rhinoplasty, I rested about an hour and then the doctor's office ordered car service to take me to a friend's place. Was a bit groggy during the ride but could handle myself. It's usually a bigger shock to the driver -- seeing someone with a bandaged face.

uglyduckling,

I think one of the reasons why Dr. Toriumi's tips are sharper than other doctors is because he uses costal cartilage here. Costal cartilage is rib cartilage. This will produce a stiff result and sometimes looks too hard. However, some people like this.
My personal taste is not Toriumi... just because his after pics are so different from the before... and the nose doesn't seem to fit... This is JUST my opinion. Do not let this sway you. He is considered one of the best in the world.

umm.. the best material is dependent upon your natural nose and your own comfort zone and what final result you want. This particular topic has been talked about so much... Please read this thread to decide. Personally, I don't think that everyone should use silicone, and I don't think everyone should use goretex... It just depends on a LOT of stuff.

As far as doctors, I would go back to Dr. Chuang if I needed something. I speak Mandarin, so it was important to me to talk to someone who can clearly communicate with me and had good skills.

Personally, I like doctors who do not prefer goretex over silicone or silicone over goretex. It is all very dependent upon your original nose.

There is a reason why the doctor chose L silicone for me instead of I silicone or goretex. They all give a different look... According to most Asian doctors the extrusion rate for silicone is 10-15% for closed procedure... when done by open procedure, extrusion rate is much lower. However, when you talk to many American doctors, they will tell you otherwise... Who do you want to believe? It's up to you. Would you sacrifice feel of the tip of a nose for a better look? Do you want to get an implant that is hard to remove but has lower chance of shifting? What procedure is the doctor using to make the implant stable? These are things that you need to decide or know.
Everybody needs to do A LOT of research. For instance, in the longest standing Japanese plastic surgery clinic, did you know that an L silicone implant is more expensive to get than an I? You need to ask why?

Sometimes, it is better to get an I silicone. Sometimes, it is better to get goretex... choose a doctor who will be honest about the pros and cons of each material.

For instance, if you have a broad nose, getting an L silicone is bad... it will make your nose look fake and wide at the bottom. Do you need a lot of height added? If so, you should choose goretex. Does your nose need more height at the bottom than the top? Than, an L might be better as ear cartilage becomes rounder after years and you don't have much septal cartilage... It all depends on what you want and your original nose.

I hope this helps those who are still deciding.

And, unfortunately, the doctor knows more than us. Try to talk to them. Set up consultations. It's better to talk to many doctors and spend money than to regret a nose job. Also, if you are on a budget, my advice is to wait until you aren't. The worst thing that you can do is force yourself into a decision because of how much money you have in the bank.

MERRY XMAS!!!! :smile::smile: Hope everyone gets nice presents!!!

Maskd - You are correct in everything you said. The main key is, do your research. Just because one person's story did well with silicon or Goretex or autologous doesn't mean it will be good for you. It's best to email or setup consultations with doctors to get their opinions because afterall they are the professionals.

Everyone's nose is different & everyone has different goals of what they want the end result to be. So many options & doctors to choose from! Make sure you do your own research on the implant materials. Talk to different doctors for consultations. Do not let money be the main factor in choosing your doctor!

I also didn't know where to start when first reading about all this & kinda wanted guidance on who to go to & what material to use but the best thing to do is read through the threads thoroughly & come to your own conclusion not what other people tell you.

Anyways, Happy Holidays everyone! :wlae:

I am seriously thinking about it.. hahaha very tempting.

I think in your case though, an x ray would reveal where the problem lies... did the dental doctors take xrays to evaluate you?

Yes, the recovery process is very long and tough.. it would be much tougher than a nose.. eye job..

About the skin sagging though, from what I read.. its dependent on your age. Logically, the older you are.. your skin's collagen would be lesser and weaker. Thus making the skin sag etc.
However, if done younger... the chances of that happening would be lower.

For jaw shaving, its around 100k to 150k.
epi would be up to 20k dependent on what total procedures you will be doing.

For jaw shaving in Taiwan, its around this rate.
Whereas for epi, it can go up to like 35k dependent on which doctor.

Was there a reddish line along with the bumps?

His pictures on his website seems to show obvious scarring up till 3 months... :sad:

EWWWWWWWW that clinic was so unprofessional... it really makes it seem like they have never seen a good job done before! lol

Moreover, insisting to take pictures ....that is so uncool.

hahah I know what you mean.... the best thing then is to just leave it to the doctor to decide! thats basically what I did too...

Its really tough to say which is better than the other as every material has its pros and cons...

you would be groggy after sugery... lol kinda like drunk....