BeautyHacker

Hi aussie_nose,

I'm planning to see him in the first week of march, will update my experience here! Hopefully its gonna be good. :drool:

Thanks for the insight, it was certainly useful to únderstand that he could be somewhere else attending some conference, hence the delay. I'm gonna give it a few more days of grace before calling him.. :smile:

In the meantime, if anyone happens to receive any replies from Dr. Chuang, please post it here! So that, we could sort of know he's back in his office:yes:

Cheers guys!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi beauty07, really? I am so tempted to do so, honestly! But, I felt it might be a little rude, considering he might be legitimately busy. But, on the other hand, I'm pressed for time so badly! Dr. Jong from LR Clinic have already made reservations for me for eyelash implants and I haven't heard a word from Dr. Chuang to finalized everything.

:sad:

Thanks for your information, Saltanat.
We've all heard of how expensive Japanese docs like Dr. Fukuta are, but did you get the sense that he is very good at rhino? Was the computer simulation very good?
Thanks

I just called and spoke to them.. sending my photos today and if all goes well the receptionist wil help me book the surgery on Feb 18th.

He IS in his office and was operating when I called.

Maskd, are u still around? ;)

Hows ur eyes and nose healing? Well I hope...!

I've decided to go to Asia to get my surgeries done, dr Chuangs staff's english is not bad at all and i managed to communicate very well with the receptionist!

I asked dr Jong about the lateral epi and he said it was not recommended, he didn't tell me why and I figgured u've already looked into this type of surgery...

Even if the improvement isn't as great as the medial epi, there is still some improvement right? And do u know of ppl who have done it and how the scarring healed?

Do u also remember telling me that with a nosejob u can't continue participating in contact sport liek before.. does that apply to ppl with gortex as well because if i remember right the silicone is not as sturdy as the gortex (which are just layers of sheets on top of ur bridge), do u still think ur nose will be more prone to damage with gortex as well?

Thanks!

YES YES! I called and his lovely receptionist was very helpful with my request. Beauty07, may I ask what will you be doing on 18th Feb? How long were u intending to stay?

Hey mami, CHeck my signature!

I'll be stayin for 7 days, I'm operating on day 1 and leaving on day 7.. i'm not too hype about going back to the states so soon with a 'fixed' face especially when i have to go back to school the day after..

Bad news is I lost some money when cancelling my surgery in Hawaii, Good news is for the same amount of money that i would spend on my eyes alone (U/L and epi) inc all expenses, I could get my eyes, nose AND lipo done inc all expenses for less (around $8500).

Hey beauty07! i just wanted to express my opinion on you leaving for 7 days after surgery. If you are getting nose, Dr.Chuang suggested i stay 8 days. Get stitch removal the 7th day after surgery. Also since you're getting alot of procedures done, i dont know if you'll be ready to go back to school so soon. Trust me people WILL be able to tell because it is still too soon. Have u considered going at a different time when u will be able to recover longer?

I'm looking into surgery options in mainland china and can (with the trusty dictionary) get by. If you let me know what procedures you want and what questions you want to ask (better yet write a concise english version of the letter) then I can translate it into chinese and then do a reverse translation of his reply into English for you.

And just out of curiousity, how many ppl. here are thinking about going to china to get their procedures done?

I'm opting for China because the prices good, I have relatives in the region, and I'm familiar with the language and customs. I've heard stories about sketchy jobs, but that's mostly from small unlicensed clinics. If you go to state hospitals or well-known private hospitals you can get great results with ridiculously cheap fees. I'm thinking about state-run Shanghai No. 9 people's hospital, which has an international reputation for plastic surgery and was one of the first in China to do plastic surgery.

Also, will/does/did anyone on this forum go to Dr. Charles Lee (based in LA, Cali) for any procedures, but specifically botox reduction of the jaw muscle. I figure that I'll try the botox first and go for jaw shaving if I don't get the results I want, but I'd like to get feedback on ppl's experiences with him. I'm thinking about going early spring (end of Feb/beginning of March). Thanks!

Sassygirl, out of the eyes, nose, and the lipo what do u think takes longest to heal? I can't go later than that date because of my career I'm sort of forced to get it done at that time....

Awesome! Everything's still up in the air with me but I reckon beginning of July will be my best bet and De Ja Vu hotel looks like the way to go seeing as its so close to the clinic and everything

Have you got your plane ticket? And did doctor Chuang tell you anything about the costs for any of the procedures? Im thinking of maybe staying there for a couple of weeks so I'd at least look somewhat NORMAL (hopefully) b 4 heading home ha ha :lol:

:smile:Hi beauty07, yes I saw your signature just after posting my question! It's like duh right!

Anyhow, yes, I do agree a 100% that your stay is rather too short to look relatively presentable for the way back to the states! I had double eyelid and epi done and it really look very bad before the stitches are out. Even then, I still went for a girls-night on the 7th day post-op. Still, its at night and the swelling went down quite considerably, plus with a decent amount of concealer and make-up, I was able to pull it off with little stares.

However, its a total different case in broad daylight. I'm not saying its gonna be absolutely hideous, but the swelling is at its peak the moment you wake up (this is due to water rentention, however you can minimise this by elevating your head while sleeping - recommended with two pilllows as a support)

With a chin and nose augmentation, I think you will most probably be wrapped like a mummy for the first few days and swelling in that part will be substantial too. I have seen it myself personally when my sis did her full rhinoplasty and buccal fat removal.

I would suggest a longer stay, somewhere more than 10days if you can? My sister went for a total of 12days.

I was even wondering if 13days is sufficient for my swelling to look decent enough for me to go undetectable as plastic. From my previous experience with my eyelids, I've also learnt that my recovery wasn't really on the fast side.

Maybe you could start taking supplements to boost your immune system, vit. C and zinc helps a great deal. And if you can, get a packet of Sineech (contains arnica montana as an active ingredient).

Hths! Cheers

Hi cute_lil_friend!

I'm also searching for a good reputable clinic/hospital in Shanghai!! From my research, I've found out that PS performed in state-run hospitals are relatively safe at a fraction of cost! These are the few places I've found so far:

1. Shanghai Kinway Xinhui Central Hospital on Huai Hai Road - Look for Dr. Zhangwei
2. Shanghai Time PS Hospital - Dr. Liu Qing / Dr. Li Gui Hai
3. Shanghai Fuhia Medical Beauty Hospital

I've read about them from chinese papers.

Honestly, I really want to do botox for jaw shaping in Shanghai! But I couldn't seem to find a good and reputable place to go to in Shanghai! Do anyone of you know?

In fact, I do think that botox is a better way to shape your jawline as opposed to RF jaw reduction or shaving. The effects are as good and the risk is potentially reduced! What a good trade! Just that the effect is not permanent, but since we can go through the hardwork of applying and removing make-up every time we go out, why can't we get a touch up of botox shot every 6 mths! Afterall, with 5-8 times of botox, the effect will last longer each time, and soon be more or less permanent.

Can anyone recommend any good and reputable beauty clinic in Shanghai please??? I'm going there in 2 days! (for work actually, but I'm sure I can get the time to squeeze in a jab during lunch break!);)