BeautyHacker

It looks like i'll be going back for a total revision in 8 months this winter.. yup, the whole thing, lateral/medial, upper and lower bleph and rhino. Dr Chuang did a good job but i want more lol.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beauty- r u going back to Dr. Chuang? If so, is he charging you anything for the revisions?

Beauty07 - Wow, you're brave! Would you mind showing me why you think you need more? Do you have photos of your before & after? (my email is [email protected]).

What kind of aesthetic style does Dr. Chuang have? Does he tend to be more conservative with the noses? I heard some of the Korean surgeons are more likely to make drastic changes while the Taiwanese ones prefer subtlety.

PerezHilton - I believe you're still planning on going to Dr. Chuang, right? Can you tell me why you finally chose him above the others? (or if you already wrote about this, just point me to the page.) Thanks!

I am actually planning to consult with both Chuang and Tseng. However, I am leaning heavily toward Dr. Tseng for my nose job. You don't have to read Chinese to know what kind of nose jobs Dr. Tseng makes, he's got plenty of pictures on his website (if you scroll up, you'll see his link). However, he only makes ONE type of nose...so, if you like that kind of nose, then you are in luck. If you don't, then don't go to him! People on this board love Dr. Chuang, and he does seem like a great surgeon, but his surgical style is WAY too conservative for me.

For the double eyelid surgery, I am thinking about Dr. Su, but she is pretty picky in choosing her patients. She rejects a little under half of her patients, because if she does not think that you can have a "dramatic and successful" result, then she won't operate on you. So, I won't have any idea if she will operate on me until I see her in person.

Oh, okay. Yeah...I see that Dr. Tseng's noses do look remarkably uniform. I was hoping for more of a small, pointier, refined tip (not crazy pointy like the horror that is Michael Jackson's or anything!) and I see Dr. Tseng's tips seem to be more round...Hmmmm...

PerezHilton - I was wondering, would you like to swap photos with me? I'd like someone's opinion on mine and I'd love to see yours. Let's discuss!

sure! Email me at [email protected]

dr chuang is conservative ONLY if you ask him to be, if u want drastic he'll give u drastic. Trust me I don't feel brave at all, I feel hassled because that means another round of surgery, another month hiding from friends and another 2 months being careful.

Im not as nervous because now I know what it's like, i am however a little nervous about the nose revision which might be a little complicated.

I like the expertise of the Dr.s in Asia when dealing with Asian nose jobs, however I like the safety of being near home (in the US). Are there any recommendations for Dr.s who perform "asian nose jobs" in the North Eastern part of the US?

You know, I keep trying to find that out too! You'd think there might be some in NYC! But all I've found are several doctors in Southern California (as mentioned on this thread as well - Dr. Charles Lee being the more mentioned but he's uber expensive). Speaking of Dr. Charles Lee, I always wonder about docs who have to advertise as extensively as he does. He even has several YouTube videos and his website looks really fancy. His before & after photos seem "alright." And plus, it seems like he does lots of other procedures. I wish I could find a doc in the US who specializes in Asian nose jobs PERIOD.

Dr. Charles Lee explains nose job 1

2nd shorter video

Beauty07 - Can you tell me how your wound is healing? Any scars? I'm scared of having a bad scar....I tend to scar badily so I was wondering if he gave you any advice regarding post-op care. Any ointments or anti-scaring products?

Yea Dr. Charles Lee quoted me 6,900$ So not worth a nose job! So I googles vip plastic surgery cause someone in this forum mentioned it. Way cheaper the doctor only quoted me 4,500$ BUT they only have one picture for a rhinoplasty. I emailed them to request more pictures and they never emailed back. The lady called me but I didn't pick up, I'm not even ready with the money what the hell! Lols anyways still searching can't find decent ones boohoo ]:

Hi gals,

I know this is the rhinoplasty forum, but I've compiled a bit of information on jaw reduction techniques for people who are looking into this sort of thing (like me) and want to know a bit more about what options they have available. The document goes over procedures such as jaw bone shaving and botox, and highlights basic surgical information as well as results, recovery time, and aesthetic considerations of each procedure.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to post this publicly. In the meanwhile, if you want a copy please PM me and I'll get back to you.

Cheers

Also, I'm going to Shanghai in May/June to get bleph/medial epicanthoplasty/maybe jaw reduction ostectomy done on myself.

I'm debating between Shanghai Generation, Shanghai Renai, and Shanghai Conbio hospitals. The first two, I've heard and read, are considered among the best in Shanghai, and I have already gotten quotes on the procedures I wish to be done. I've found that their 'customer service' is superb, very friendly and quick in getting back to me. I've also read (from this thread), that No. 9 people's hospital is a bit dodgy, so I've decided to rule it out.

My question is, has anyone on here gone to the above mentioned hospitals or is anyone going to be going in may/june/july of this year?
Also, I haven't heard many accounts of personal jaw reduction surgery experiences, nor those for botox jaw muscle reduction and was wondering if any gals who have undergone such procedures would like to share their personal experiences? Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Lastly, does anyone know of any mandarin (chinese) forum sights where you can find discussion of various surgeries? I know one exists but I can't seem to find it again.

Thanks and take care!

My epi scars are fine, they are really small now and they continue to fade away each day. He uses the smallest stitches i've ever seen in my life, to the point where it would be hard for a stranger to see the stitches if u were to be in public! He's good, believe me. THey may be better doctors otu there but i'm happy with my choice and he doesn't charge u an arm either