BeautyHacker

I just realized how many Asian stars get their noses done, and how many Asian girls and guys do their noses. I understand that if there are flared nostrils, that can detract from a person's face, but without anything drastically wrong with an Asian nose, does this mean that Asian noses are naturally not nice looking?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elderly people start to have gravity set in...and losing their upper teeth can add to that long nose tip effect.

Another question I have is, do uneven nostrils on Asian noses look more weird because the nose is flat? Before surgery I had slightly uneven nostrils because I had banged my nose by accident and during the first week I slept on the other side of the nose that was less banged up in order to try to keep it straight (x rays revealed that I had a hairline fracture that was in place on one side). I felt the cartilage pieces shift when I touched my nose so the cartilage must have shattered...Anyway, I should have slept on my back because the side of the nose I slept on is more down than the other side, making my nostrils look slightly uneven. All the plastic surgeons say that because the asymmetry is so slight, and pretty much imperceptible, that I should just leave it because nothing can be done about it. Fixing it would make it worse. So I opted for tip plasty to project my tip.

no. each half of our face is different. No one is perfectly symmetrical. I've been looking carefully at the noses of actors (caucasian) on TV and I've noticed, nobody has a straight, even nose. Some people's nostrils are slightly higher than the other, some have a slight difference in the shape of the holes, some people's noses are slightly crooked...I guess that's why when you see a perfect nose, it looks fake.

It just has a little to do with the western influence on the standard of beauty. I believe that foreign movie industries try to model themselves after Hollywood...cinematography, soundtrack, special effects...even the look of their actors. Asian actors who don't naturally have that "Hollywood" look will most likely resort to Cosmetic surgery to get that look. Then, when people watch their favorite movie idols on TV, they want to look like them because people perceive what they see on TV and in magazines to be beautiful. It's not that Asian noses are unattractive. It's just that we've been influenced by the media to believe that a slimmer and higher nose is more beautiful.

MkRyu, yeah, all the plastic surgeons I saw (about 4 of them, all reputable) said something similar to me. They said that when actors/actresses/models take photographs, they know which side is their good side, and they never really show a full candid shot, i.e.they play up their good side of the face and features, and play down or not really show the bad. Which makes me realize finally, that I've been obsessed with symmetry, and I must be crazy.

Ryan Seacrest (host for American Idol) said in an interview that he thinks that one side of his face is his ugly side (I can't remember which side) and that his furniture at home is arranged so that women he brings home will only be able to see the good side of his face wherever they sit or stand.
I think my right side of my face is less attractive than my left.
Have you ever tried using a mirror and a handheld mirror to see what you would look like if your 2 face halves were the same? It doesn't look good.

Wow, Ryan Seacrest said that? He must be crazy too...
I think sometimes there are downfalls with being a perfectionist, like I am.

ah! asainfox! you didnt like your nose at hanh phuoc? im getting mine done there in decemeber and i already made a 500 dolalr deposit! i live in lafayette louisiana! i wish i would have seen this post before i paid 500$! My mom told me that theyre the best and its very natural but i KNEW theyre wrong! i knew it! vietnamese company always try to make money from ppl like my mom and sister who believe anything ppl tell them. Was doctor Stanley white or asian? I heard that docor Pi Nguyen does the best . Im so worried. if its possible can you e-mail me a picture of your nose? ([email protected]) I like my nose now also but if my nose will come out not pretty i dont wana get it donee anymoree. im so worriedd! please please reply . ill be waiting for your replyyy. by the way. my name is van if you want to e-mail me a pic your result from hanh phuoc. e-mailing me may be the best because im not sure how to use this purse forum.

Since I was eight, I have been obsessed with the prospect of getting rhinoplasty, so much so that every time I looked in the mirror, I pushed in my nose so that it looked smaller and more delicate. For a long time, my nose was the bane of my existence. For years following that, I had something along the lines of BDD, but I've since then gotten better. I don't obsess over it nearly as much as I used to, but it's still something that really bothers me when I look at it closely. It's ****ty when you stare at your reflection with the knowledge that you can look so much better with just a minor change, yet you can't do anything about it.

It's silly, but I used to beg my parents to get me a nose job. (Isn't it sad? Instead of wanting a barbie or whatever as a kid, I asked for rhinoplasty) I am currently seventeen and I now have the option to go anywhere for a nose job in December, and at the moment I'm focusing on Korea or Japan.

I've done my research, but I need some confirmation from you all, who seem to be the most knowledgeable as well as experienced in terms of asian rhinoplasty.

1) What are the pros and cons of each location?
2) Which clinics and surgeons do you most recommend? The surgeon I am thinking about is Dr. Jung from Korea, but I'm still not sure. I haven't been able to find much in Japan, but it's known for great surgery and I'm sure that's for a good reason.
3) General information on the prices is awesome, though cost isn't a big factor as this is going to be a permanent change to my body.
4) Should I instead get a nose job in the States, where it's more affordable and convenient to go in for check ups just in case something goes wrong?
5) I think I'm going to use my own cartilage for this, as silicone and other implant materials scare me. This is the safest and most natural looking option, correct?
6) Which do you think is the best technique (most natural looking) for reducing nostril width? I don't want a sharp triangular nose, and have heard that cutting the nostril from the top produces more natural results than incision at the bottom, though scarring is less visible at the bottom. True or false?

I don't really want to heighten the bridge of my nose, but I really want to reduce the nostril width and perhaps make the tip of my nose less bulbous. I have disgustingly flared nostrils which have been the focus of my dissatisfaction with my looks for as long as I can remember.

I know that I'm young, and that plastic surgery is a drastic decision, but after years of careful analysis of whether this is the right choice for me, I have concluded that this is what I want. I ask that if any of you reply, please don't attempt to dissuade me, but instead give me advice and recommendations and know that it will be of TREMENDOUS help.

As a fun little side-note: I know it's silly to give the surgeon a photo of a celebrity and say "THIS IS WHAT I WANT" but holy hell would I kill for Mika Nakashima's entire face. T_T

Airris - unfortunately, i cannot offer you any recommendations for ps outside of the states and in my opinion feel that it may be better to get it done within the states since it may be more convenient and easier to get answers and questions. Since this is such an important change to your appearance perhaps you can consider Dr. Charles Lee in BV. The pictures on his website do not do his skills justice to be honest. i have seen real people who have gotten work done by him and they look great in my opinion. There are people here who may disagree with my suggestion but you should check it out on your own and form your own opinion. Since your predetermined surgery date is in December, you still have time to actually go and meet the PS face to face versus gathering information and speaking to PS from a distance like in Japan or Korea. if anything goes wrong, it seems harder to get resolution when it is an ocean away.
Anyhow, this is my opinion, I have a scheduled procedure in October with Dr. Lee. With that said, I am nervous and anxious but am not asking for a drastic change. I am only looking for an enhancement because I don't want people to look at me and say she had something done but rather, "must've been a great vacation because she looks great and just keeps getting prettier." :tup: