BeautyHacker

stylinchica, did your friend get the alar base reduction done as well? my former surgeon is offering to do it for me if absolutely necessary, but judging from my results after my rhinoplasty without it, i'm not sure if i would trust him to. i'm afraid i might end up with the pinched, triangular, cookie-cutter jackson family look.

i've heard about dr. charles lee from beverly hills. i'm not sure if that's who you were referring to, but i'm not really impressed with the results that i've seen on his page. i've heard that he is supposed to be pretty good, but i have thick skin, and i'd like to find someone who is REALLY good with alar base reduction to increase my chances of a positive outcome. maybe i'm wrong, and maybe dr. lee is more skilled than i think, but i think i'll keep looking. the doctors i'm interested in the US are out of my price range, and i'm getting tired of having a crooked beak nose.

when i had gotten my nose done, i told my doctor that i wanted a slimmer nose, and his solution was to put an implant in my nose, which in turn would give it the illusion of a slimmer appearance. the problem is that i already have a fairly tall nose. now i'm paranoid about getting a surgery done again in the US with the amount i can afford to pay. i'm afraid the surgeons in the US don't have as much experience with asian noses as doctors abroad who mainly work on asian noses.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I have read most of your postings about dr. Jung Dong Hak that does rhinoplasty in Seoul Korea. I would like to know what website i must go into in order to contact with the Shimmian Rhinoplasty Clinic? I would like to undergo a nose job performed by the famed Dr. Jung. Please help. Greatly Appreciate. Oh...i can't read Korean. A phone number is also helpful too. Greatly appreciative.

HI, i would like to know where Dr. Jung office is located. What site must i go to in order to make an appointment to have nose surgery performed by Dr. Jung at the Shimmian Rhinoplasty Clinic that i so often hear about. Any information by anyone out there would be a tremendous help because i have not been able to find any website or link that will enable me to contact with their office. Thanks

Does anyone have any experience/ comments about seeing Dr Samieh Rizk for an asian rhinoplasty? Can anyone please be kind enough to give your truthful comments / personal experience (if you have) with him?

I am still in the phase of research oforsurgeons cos I can only get my nose done next year... Dr Rizk is one of my shortlisted surgeons but I am not too sure about him.

Thanks... his website is http://www.drsamrizk.com/ <- you can view his asian before and after photos in his website.. some of his photos look too good to be true though. sorry if this is offending.. but do you think it could be photoshopped? or am i thinking too much?

Any help is greatly appreciated... thanks! :biggrin:

Heya..! You can ask john1 for advice.. he had alar reduction done with dr lee.. if i am not wrong.. you could read earlier posts in this forum about dr charles lee.. he seems really good with alar reduction. Not too sure about the other procedures to the nose though.

Probably you could look into Dr Anil Shah? Just a suggestion.

I can not tell anything about Dr. Lorenzo, but just make sure to avoid Dr. Lansangan from the Shimmian Manila Surgicenter. He screwed my nose. Take a look at former posts where I sent a link to my pics. He performed an osteotomy, whereas we've never discussed about that. I told him to leave my bridge width! I asked him to leave the hump, but he removed it!

thanks shinangel! i haven't read anything about him yet, but thanks for the warning.

after asking dr. lasa for pictures, i haven't gotten a response. he is normally very quick to respond - usually within several hours to a day. i e-mailed dr. lorenzo earlier today, and found a blog that he had written on rhinoplasty. surprisingly, he listed dr. lasa as a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon, along with himself, of course. i really don't know what to think now. i can't find any reviews on either doctor, and i just found a filippino forum about rhinoplasty, but the problem is it's half english and half tagalog. there was a member who had written of a bad experience with a local doctor, and from what i can make of it, i don't think it's dr. lasa or lorenzo. :confused1:

i'm now considering dr. edwin paul v. magallona from the philippines, but i'll have to PM john1 for his advice on dr. lee. i saw a picture on his results page of a girl who had a nose similar to mine before she had her surgery, and afterward she came out with a "pug" nose. i'm scared that will end up being my nose too if i choose dr. lee as my surgeon.

asiangirl, my friend had a dorsal augmentation and alar base reduction done at the same time. before surgery, her nose was totally flat and wide (wide like an african-american even though she is asian). instead of using implants, which could get infected and extrude, her doctor used my friend's own tissue and cartilage from her own nose and ear to augment the nose. my friend really liked that since it was from her own body and thus less likely to get infected.

my friend went to dr. kimberly lee in beverly hills, who she thinks is beverly hills' best hidden secret. dr. lee works together with dr. babak azizzadeh in a team approach and is very talented with asian facial plastic surgery. from what my friend said, she's totally reasonably priced too, esp considering she was featured in a lot of magazines, like people magazine, and TV for her work repairing the lady who's face was attacked by a bear last year.

i don't think you'll get the cookie cutter jackson pinched look from an alar base reduction. that look usually comes from over-aggressive tip work. initially after surgery the nose looks great, but the pinched look forms about a year later.

asiangirl, my friend had a dorsal augmentation and alar base reduction done at the same time. before surgery, her nose was totally flat and wide (wide like an african-american even though she is asian). instead of using implants, which could get infected and extrude, her doctor used my friend's own tissue and cartilage from her own nose and ear to augment the nose. my friend really liked that since it was from her own body and thus less likely to get infected.

my friend went to dr. kimberly lee in beverly hills, who she thinks is beverly hills' best hidden secret. dr. lee works together with dr. babak azizzadeh in a team approach and is very talented with asian facial plastic surgery. from what my friend said, she's totally reasonably priced too, esp considering she was featured in a lot of magazines, like people magazine, and TV for her work repairing the lady who's face was attacked by a bear last year.

http://www.facialplastics.info/staff.html

i don't think you'll get the cookie cutter jackson pinched look from an alar base reduction. that look usually comes from over-aggressive tip work. initially after surgery the nose looks great, but the pinched look forms about a year later.

i havent gotten l-shaped but i hear l-shaped is very prone to extrusion. from what i read it forms with being able to feel the point of the silicon under you nose tip. then a spot gets painful or red. then the thing punctures thru the skin. i think many docs recommend against l-shaped and will only use i-shaped and use a cartilage strut in the tip.

i know charles lee does great alarplasty. mine was pretty darn near perfect and everyone else i have chatted with who used him has been very happy with their alarplasty.

i have corresponded with someone who used shah for alarplasty and has been quite unhappy with it.

so i recommend only using surgeons who have done lots of east asian alarplasty. the only one i can say for certain in the us who is skilled at it for east asians is charles lee.

wow this may be the first female plastic surgeon i have heard of. wonder why its mostly males. good for her!