BeautyHacker

Permanent? I heard that you can take the implant out in the future if you want...

I went to Dr. Eungkoo Kim (www.mimoclinic.co.kr). I don't think he has an english version of the website yet but a friend of mine who went to see him recently told me that he's planning to put one up within the next few months.

I'd say, if you want the natural look, Dr. Kim does a great job. I actually got my eyes done from him as well and I've gotten many compliments (on both nose and eyes).

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't know if it's necessary to have eyelid surgery in Korea but my recommendation is that if you want both your eyes and nose done, do them at once. This will just make the healing/after-care process much easier. Why go through dealing with a swollen face/eating medication/sterilizing multiple times a day to prevent an infection/etc twice when you could just kill two birds with one stone?

The bad thing about ear cartilage is that it gets "easily" aborbed i read from two ppl that over the years it seemed to "disappear" which totally freaked me out thats why im choosing rib. Everyone has there own personal decision. For example i really do not wanna do rib because of the scar (3cm across my right breast) which freaks me out... but when considering using silicone.. i rather choose rib because rib is MY DNA MY genetics, my cousin had silicone done and after 6 yrs her tip went rib and of course because its a foreign object her body was rejecting it already (which is odd cuz 6 yrs is quite soon.. normally its 10+ yrs) of course everybody is different. I would like to have something perminent. And yes i've seen warping of rib in noses and how doctors fix it, its no problem at all.

My only qualm is that it's I don't have enough time in the near future to set aside nearly a month to heal from a nose operation, whereas with eyelid surgery, it seems I'll be able to go back to things as usual within a week or two.
Another thing I'm worried about is that with eyelid surgery you're not supposed to wear contacts, right? And with rhinoplasty, you're not supposed to wear glasses for a while. So if I get both done at once, I'll be walking around nearly blind for 2+ weeks! I'd rather have my eyes done first, possibly a few years before the nose surgery to I can acclimate to the change and have my set appearance before I decide on a nose shape, etc.
Do most of you have an ideal nose that you're trying to attain? Celebrity-wise, or do you just request to have the most natural changes possible?

that is scary!! how did the I shape implant extrude? when L shaped implants extrude, they usually do so at the tip. where would the I shaped implant extrude??

i'm glad you had that fixed and everything looks good now.

Hey!

I read a some of your posts a couple months ago and I was wondering why you didn't like your silicone implant- I want to change my bridge so that it looks thinner on the frontal view, and I was wondering whether or not it achieved that for you.

By the way, I remember you saying that you wanted to use rib to augment your bridge..i was wondering how that was working out for you. I too am thinking about augmenting my bridge with rib, and I'm finding that there are very few drs. available to do the job. I'm from California, and I've researched about Dr. Shah and Dr. Toriumi, along with Dr. Hsu and Dr. Kao in Taiwan. I was wondering how you were doing with that!

Anyway, hope to hear from you!

Yikes I'm really frighted about I-silicone extrusion!! It would be my worst nightmare come true.....coz that's what I have inside my nose right now. But could you please elaborate on how that happened?.....i.e. which part of the nose did that implant first start to show extrusion? What were the earlier signs of extrusion with the I-shaped silicone?

I have an I-shaped silicone implant and that implant is just a tiny piece occupying only the top half of my nose......the bottom half of my nose is all soft tissue/cartilage (cartilage from my ear) and just like a natural nose. I've heard of how some surgeons put in a huge/long piece of silicone and then just a tiny layer of cartilage on the bottom. By contrast my silicone is literally a tiny piece sitting on top of a ton of cartilage....the cartilage takes up more room than the silicone and fills up at least 1/2 of the length of the nose (basically the bottom half).....and AFAIK that's how most legit surgeons put in I-shaped silicone implants these days (e.g. just from following this thread I've read about Dr. Charles Lee and Grand Clinic in Korea doing it the same way, just a tiny piece of silicone at the top with tons of cartilage on the bottom to prevent extrusion). So physiologically speaking I don't quite see how that silicone will extrude from the bottom of the nose (tip area, where most extrusions happen).....unless it's the cartilage that extrudes first? I guess the only other possibility (a horrifying and dangerous one) would be the I-silicone extruding from the top....where the nose meets the forehead????.....but that doesn't really make sense considering the pull of gravity.

Hi Philly,

Initially I wanted to have my rhino done in TW, but after emailing the surgeons and reviewing some real life post-op results, I'm not too sure about doing mine wih them upon hearing their comments & advice they have in mind for my nose. Im looking at PS from US right now - Dr Shah and Dr David Kim.

Since you are physically in California, can you please kindly share your experience after the consultation? (that is if you're going) :smile: I've dropped him an email, and he is very detailed in explaining to me about the procedures he intend to work on my nose. He does not offer stimulation photos for email consultation though.

I'm also considering Dr David E. Kim (do take note, its E Kim, there are afew PS called David Kim too) This is his gallery - http://www.beverlyhillsplasticsurgery.com/index.html

His before and after photo gallery with frontial shots have the right type of nose that im looking for - a little round, not pointy neither is it huge. Let me know what you think? Feel free to PM me and we can disuss or share in detail? (I cant PM yet, new around here) It would be great if we're selecting the same surgeon as im an Asian foreigner,and im looking for a companion who can help me around California. Travelling down for the surgery would be my first time there.

actually for me, if you go with a closed procedure and if you dont have any bones broken, the nose heals faster than the eyes. closed procedure you look presentable after about 2 weeks. for they eyes it varies more, i was presentable after 2 but still had a slight freakish look. some may take as much as 4 weeks. my eyes didnt really settle down till about 6-8 weeks when my skin relaxed and my freakish look subsided. but everyone is different.

you can have nose and eyes done at the same time. i would probably recommend it just because you get it over with. but only if your surgeon has experience with it. the nose implant can affect your eyelid results so the surgeon may have to know how to compensate for that. BUT if you also have an epicanthoplasty you might want to wait to get that later because if you get a bridge implant you may not even need the epi.

if you get them done separately i think getting nose done first is better because you will know what affect it had on your eyes.

you can wear contacts i think after a week or so. glasses i wouldnt wear cuz it will cause an indentation in your nose and may cause the implant to shift. and your nose will be sore anyways so you prob wouldnt want to be wearing them anyways.

as for eyelid surgeons in the US, i would ONLY go with surgeons who have LOTS of experience with asian eyes. that is basically charles lee in LA and eric choe in NYC. other than those 2 theres no one else i would trust in the usa. just my opinion. good luck!

Thanks so much for the detailed input!
That's strange though, I've heard from other people and I read on this board somewhere that if I get the two procedures, I should get my eyes done first in order to avoid possibly pulling the skin or something after my nose job??
Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be doing a closed procedure at the moment, as I want to put in a small implant and get alar base reduction. I'm still unsure about the size of implant I would want put in.
Does anyone here LOVE Han Ga In's nose? :nuts:
Of course it would look ridiculous on me, as I think it's too tall for my face, but it looks great on her! I love the front view of it, but it makes her look very caucasian, I think.

hi philly,

the first implant i had was shifted and too high, so there was no way i could like that since it didn't even sit straight on my face! i made the mistake of having a WIDER implant put in when i had a revision, so i ended up removing it because i felt the wider implant didn't suit my face.

i'm seeking revision, but i currently am not sure how i wish to go about it. i may just have some tip work done, or i might opt to augment my nose again, and i haven't decided what material to use - silicone, gortex, or rib. they all have pros and cons. for now i am leaning towards silicone because it is very easy to remove.

i live near los angeles, and i've been trying to find a doctor in the US. i like the doctors in taiwan because they are clearly far more skilled with asian noses and implants, but the idea of going overseas is still scary for me. i have to do a lot of research first.

i 'm thinking about Dr Kim. but i heard a lot of bad story about him. i'm really worry this.but i think he is one of the most famous in korea. i will go there and go around to find out.

may i ask what did the surgeons in taiwan say that turned you off? i've emailed multiple doctors in taiwan and i've found that they are willing to be less conservative and do things that US doctors wouldnt do. taiwanese doctors were all willing to remove scar tissue in my nose left behind from the silicone implant, but the US doctors were against it. maybe they are just more experienced with stuff like that.

hi there!
can i know which doctor did you and your sister get them?

my email is [email protected] so feel free to email me. I don't think i can pm either, so i guess its email!

I haven't consulted with Dr. Shah yet, as i understand he is in Chicago. But I am planning on taking a trip out there in the spring, so i'll definitely let you know then. I was wondering if you knew what was going on with Toriumi- his horror stories are truly horrific. However, I've been told that he is a great dr, so I don't know whats up with that.

Yeah, I didn't like Dr. Hsu or Dr. Kao's pictures that much. I was wondering whether you're planning on using rib exclusively, and if so, why. I'm trying to decide but I feel like there are very few drs who use rib.

I can definitely give you some info/help about getting around in California, so yeah, email me!

Look forward to hearing from you