BeautyHacker

I totally disagree. I think women are more in tune with what we as women want! If anything, I think they'll do a better job then men! Women in general pay more attention to details and are perfectionists. I think it's hard to find a female plastic surgeon!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends are big fans of Dr. Kimberly Lee in Beverly Hills.

i agree with asian90210. female cosmetic surgeons are hard to find, but if you can find one, they're seem to be more compassionate and aware of our concerns. i don't think they will be jealous at all! i think they would want to do the best job for you!

The tip graft looks fine, but because the implant is gone, my nose looks (on the side view) curved slightly inward. Very slightly, but still very bothersome (I like it super, super, super straight...). So I definitely want it straightened via augmentation. Hanging columella has always been a problem for me (which I don't think Dr. Lee corrected, but then I didn't ask) and I don't think that in my case, the tip graft is responsible for it. But I'm definitely interested in correting it (by cutting the septum? that's what I hear). I think the round appearance of my tip has a lot to do with the hanging columella. (This girl's tip refinement is due in part to correcting the hanging columella, in my view (@3:30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkJTTWgfCzU
)

I know nothing about removing scar tissue, but it sounds like a fairly advanced procedure... Have you found a surgeon that's good with this kind of procedure? Sorry if you already posted about this before..

I assume it's ok. Carecredit accepts Canadian applicants, AFAIK. But it may depend on the company...

Here's a gloss on retro interest rate

Her rates were REALLY reasonable! I remember my friends saying it was totally reasonable. Obviously it depends on what you want done and how difficult it is. I'd suggest you contact her directly to see how much it would cost for what you want done. Maybe she will give you a tpf discount! :biggrin:

Hi Penache, so sorry to hear that. I had the same experience in BK clinic just before the surgery, but quickly i pulled back and went to dreamsurgery.com, the doctor and staff are very professional. I had good surgery inthat clinic. I knew BK clinic only good at advertising but the staff and the doctor are terrible

dear Penache, I know BK clinic is terible coz i had experience during my consultaiton, but lucky i quicly move to dreamsurgery clinic, very good doctor and staff, unlike BK clinic crowded and the staff very rude.

Hi Asin,
Sorry about the late reply. Btw, can we discuss in detail in email? you can drop me an email @ [email protected]? :smile:

May I know where are you from?
You're right, it is scary travelling overseas for a surgery, especially if there are any complications. The pricing for a rhinoplasty in my nation is comparable to Taiwan and Korea. However, I couldnt find the right surgeon who can impress me with the tip results and thats my main concern. PS in my nation dont specialize in autologous as well. Most of the really good ones are experienced in using L shape or silicon. If my issue is bridge augment, I will definitely go to Taiwan. But like you said, it is a complex surgery and since I'm spending a huge amount of $, I should go to the best.

So far, I am considering Dr David E Kim (I like the tip he create), Dr Anil Shah (v patient, detailed and caring PS, but not so sure abt his results) and Dr Grigoryants (has a number of good reviews from makemeheal, seen v good revisions and results from him but are Caucasians.).
What about you? Have you found any surgeons u are interested in? When do you intend to do the surgery?

Im looking for someone to go together, if possible.
Hope to hear from you soon.

pleasance, I will be 100% honest.....you do NOT need that eye socket surgery. Seriously, please don't risk it. If I were you (and you ARE a pretty girl....I didn't even notice anything asymmetrical or bizarre with your eyes in that above photo), even if the top plastic surgeon in the US offered that surgery to me for free, I would not proceed with it. It sounds incredibly dangerous and the risks far outweigh the potential benefits (got to assess the "expected value" here, e.g. if there's 20% the surgery will yield perfectly symmetrical eye sockets and a model-eque face......and there's 80% chance a complicated surgery like that could go wrong and cause blindness/facial nerve damage/paralysis/etc......there's just no way you can convince me to proceed with it). I'm all pro-PS when it comes to relatively safe procedures that have been proven time and time over....e.g. blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty (as long as you find a reputable surgeon), etc. With any type of surgery (even oral surgery!), no matter how minor the procedure, there's the chance of something going wrong and unexpected complications arising, but at least with procedures like bleph/rhino those chances are minimal provided you do your research and go to a highly reputable surgeon. When performing a bleph or rhino, the surgeon is not touching areas where there are a lot of nerves. Also, Asian augmentation rhino is generally reversible (as in you can take out the implant if you don't like it.....only alar reduction is not reversible), and so is bleph (if you use DST; otherwise incisional double eyelids can also be revised w/o much difficulty). But with the eye socket surgery you're describing, it sounds even more dangerous than cheekbone reduction which is already a high-difficulty surgery with potential nerve damage side-effects. EVERYONE has something slightly asymmetrical about their face.....that's just how human beings are born, even the top runway & commercial models (yes, my PS explained this to me during my initial consultation)......with top models any facial asymmetry they have is extremely minimal and almost unnoticeable, while the rest of us mere mortals may have more obvious asymmetry present on our faces. But the type of "asymmetry" you noticed with your eye sockets is truly not the type requiring surgery, especially the complicated surgery your doctor described.

Pleasance,
I agree with foxycleopatra. The surgery is too dangerous. From your photo, you are pretty enough, so why tempt fate? I don't even notice the eye socket problem you mentioned. Anyway, beauty is temporary and you don't have to have the perfect look to be beautiful. Even a plastic surgeon told me that the beautiful girls' photos you see in mags are all photoshopped so don't be drawn into the idea that those girls are more perfect looking than you. You are pretty enough, so drop the idea of this surgery - concentrate on other things.

for some reason, doctors in the US do not like to remove scar tissue. they think it's risky. however, every doctor i consulted with in taiwan are willing to do it and say it's not risky if they do it carefully. maybe the doctors in US are just inexperienced with it, therefore they say it's risky.