BeautyHacker

Have you tried Dr. Somyos??
he's best at rhino, he replied my email quite fast! i got my second reply this morning..,
if you go with Dr. Somyos, maybe we could go tog?

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Preecha also replied my email today..,
He costs me USD800 for Rhinoplasty
and USD 550 for Alarplasty.
why it's much cheaper than Dr. Somyos????
now i'm a bit confuse., cuz i want to safe money too., >.<

hey foxxie, i'm so confused too! i really want to get my nose done before the end of the year, but i really don't know who to go with. i was actually thinking about going to the philippines to see dr. rino lorenzo, but someone here told me he killed someone during a liposuction procedure due to negligence. i'm not getting that procedure from him, though, so i don't think i have to worry. I just want to get my nose re-done properly with an alarplasty, and my eyes too. i have eyelid folds, but have some extra fat that i'd like to get rid of in that area. i don't know what to think about dr. lorenzo's work in regards to eyes, though. it kind of just looks like cut-and-stitch work to me, but maybe those pictures were immediately after the surgery? i sure hope so. i'm also considering dr. lasa from the philippines too. he was trained over here in the states, so that could be either a bad or good thing. communication is great, but he says he doesn't e-mail pictures because of patient confidentiality, so i would actually have to fly out there to see before & after pictures. does that sound a little strange to you?

from what i remember reading on here, an L-shaped implant isn't a good idea, but i can't remember exactly what was said about it. =/ i'm surprised that dr. preecha's cost was so low! i will have to ask dr. somyos for pictures, and see if he does revision surgeries. i was really surprised when dr. poomee told me he doesn't do revision surgeries! i just logged in to dr. preecha's photo gallery, and wasn't that impressed.

for dr. jung's work, it would be in the ballpark of $8,000-$12,000, and that's more than i was looking to spend, so i won't be able to do my eyes, but most of his work is very natural-looking, even with dramatic change.

Dr. Kim from Atlanta, Georgia...so not the ones you mentioned. Hope that helps ; )

You don't consider dr. Tseng, Hsu or Kao from Taiwan, by any chance? They are slightly more expensive than dr. Chuang, if I am not wrong. But definitely cheaper than Jung. Check it out:

http://www.drtseng.com.tw/
http://www.ychsu.com/cartilage.htm
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/face-nose/archive?l=f&id=14

Their pages are in Taiwanese, but you could use Google Translation to have an approximate idea of what they are about. Also, Taiwanese doctors tend to be more conservative, so they would perhaps agree with you about the height of your bridge.

Please do a lot of research about the material for bridge augmentation! There have been a few people who suffered extrusion from L-shaped implants on this forum, and the Sing Expats one as well. And according to some of them, silicon looks fake. Based on my own experience I would even dare to say that Goretex look fake (maybe due to my very thin skin). Don't go for cheap if you are not entirely sure about the doc! Expensive is not a guarantee for satisfactory results, but cheap isn't either. So don't be fooled by the prices. Choose a surgeon who you feel most comfortable with. Don't rush (like stupid, naive me). If necessary, postpone surgery untill you have found the one who's right for you and untill you have saved enough money! Postponing will allow you to think twice about the doc you want to go for.

I had to postpone my own revision rhino untill next year, somewhere between November 2010 and March 2011, because I don't have enough money currently and no time either. Besides, I still don't know whether I should go for Anil Shah or Hsu. But I hope I'll have gathered enough testimonies about both of them by next year so that I can decide for once.
So if anybody has been to Hsu or Shah, please share your info! I'd be grateful for it!

Thank's Shinangel!!

i already asked the doctors about type of implants, but they seems avoiding my questions and only gve a simple explanations..
i know they're busy man..

i saw some problem pictures caused by L-shaped implant,
and most of the L-shaped implant noses are a bit too pointy..,
also problem with I-shaped implant which more likely to be shifted..

i heard that implant could be shifted by the time?
i won't getting any secondary surgeon to take a revision.
it seems a bit risky to use implant in the nose.. =(
so i probably stay with my natural bridge..

maybe i will take alarplasty & tip refinement.. also chin implant & lower lip reduction.

yes, i will postpone my surgery., still finding the right doctor and collecting more money..,

is there anyone got nose implant since a years ago and still lookd good without revisions????
i don't want to be ended up with another rhino revisions,
if silicone implant brings a lot of risk, i won't go with implant..,
but if it could stay good for a years i'll go with it..,

Many thanks, shinangel! You've really done your research on doctors, and I am so grateful that you've shared some with me! I really liked Dr. Tseng's work. I think I would like to go with him if possible. Is his e-mail [email protected] ? That seems like a very strange e-mail for a doctor to have, but I'm desperate enough to send an e-mail to that address anyway. I want to have a revision as soon as I can, using autologous material if possible, and it seems like he is very good with that sort of deal.

Tell me about it! It's about 5 months now that I am on this thread (have read all the posts from A to Z), am registered to Singapore Expats as well, contacted quite a few surgeons (including European and American ones) since September 2008, by now I should know, right? :lol:

Dr. Tseng's address should be that one. Mind you that Taiwanese people have a Chinese forname as well as a Western version of it.

Ideally implants should be permanent. Hence, if you want to exclude all risks of extrusion you'll have to go for autologous. This being said, autologous can warp or resorb in certain cases. Autologous requires very skilled surgeons (needless to say that PS, as a general rule, requires skilled surgeons).

All the other man-made synthetic grafts have their own downsides, out of which infection, extrusion, fake appearance and shifting seem to be the most commonly discussed here.

Anyhow, "implants" because of their very nature (=something foreign or not foreign to be added to your body but that wasn't located in that particular place originally) intrinsically imply that problems may occur.

From what I could gather, silicone/goretex grafts can last for many many years, seemingly well tolerated by your body, and then all of a sudden become an issue to your organism. Thus, if you are concerned about the effects of grafts in the long run, testimonies from people who have a one-year old graft that hasn't resulted in complications yet wouldn't be relevant.

Hi, guys!
I've been lurking on this thread for the past two days, and finally made it to the last page of the thread. Lol.

My nose is very upturned, and my nostrils flare out even wider than they really are when I smile. As if that's not bad enough, the bridge is almost completely flat, so it's like I don't have a nose at all except for the nostrils. Wow, that sounds so depressing. Haha. Do you think that it's possible to have my nose fixed in the States with good results? Somehow I feel like...a lot of "After" pictures for Asian patients in the States are either underwhelming or disappointing, with a few good ones in between.

So far, I have narrowed it down to either Dr. Robertson (Wisconsin) or Dr. Shah (Chicago) in the U.S.
A member here had her nose done by Dr. Robertson a little over a year ago (I think it was AZNGirl, but I'm not sure), and I really liked the final result. My nose is a lot like her nose before she got surgery, except that mine looks much worse because it's more upturn as well.

However, despite the fact that I more or less have a pretty clear idea of which surgeons I am interested in, there is a conundrum: There is no denying that so many surgeons in Korea are talented, and I would much rather go there. I just can't seem to decide whether to travel overseas or stay in the States. Both have their own pros and cons.

I'm going to start contacting Drs. Robertson and Shah as soon as I feel better from my cold, and see how it goes.

If I decide to go to Korea, it'll be sometime in the Spring or Summer. Would anyone be interested in joining me around that time frame? I'm interested in going to OZ, but if there's a place that you think is much better, feel free to chime in. :smile:

I was curious about Dr. Kimberly Lee from Beverly Hills, since there were a couple of people who said she was reasonably priced and quite good. I only saw one example of an Asian rhinoplasty on her web page, but decided to ask them about a complete revision rhinoplasty (including alarplasty) estimate anyway. Since I haven't heard that much about her until I read this blog, I was really surprised to find out that the estimate is in the ballpark of $15,000!:shocked: