BeautyHacker

thx for your reply, solus! i don't know if i can afford to travel yet along with surgery, it will be quite a lot of money!

to everyone: is anyone considering bk clinic or dream clinic? next year? or have any stories? i am scared to have things done to my face and would really appreciate any info. also, on the bk website, they always show very ski-slope noses -- what if that's not what i want? i know it is a different doctor-patient relationship there so i don't want to be rude to the doctors but also i think i like more straight noses and not sloped (from the side)...

thanks for your replies...

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone: This thread seems to be dying?? Where are the people who had their surgeries?? Please share your experiences.

Also have any of you heard of or tried dermo graft? Apparently its another implant as a substitute to silicone,gore-tex, rib graft that gives your nose height.

Is it good? Can i see some pictures please!!!

Thankyou

Hi! When do you plan on going? I'm also curious, how much does the dream clinic charge for rhinoplasty?

message for meamigue

hi, i don't know exactly "when" becaues i don't know when i can afford a rhinoplasty and i also don't know if i'm gonna be mentally up for it either. costs depend on what you're having done just like other places, but also factor in travel and accommodations (which would be $1500-2000 for me with airfare, hotel, food, etc.), which is already a lot. i don't know how much it would cost at dream but already the travel costs are pretty steep. it will likely cost more to travel to korea to do surgery than to stay in my home country to do it but i keep seeing people disappear from my city and then magically re-appear with nose jobs that i'm not "supposed to know" which is sometimes so funny, heehee! (just people i had gone to high school or grade school with but are not close to.)

how about you? what are your plans?

Who are the best plastic surgeons in Japan?

I've been considering BK, but I'm concerned with their reputation. There aren't many people that say nice things about their aftercare, or fixing mistakes.

http://english.bkdy.co.kr/photo/photoList.asp?cate=nose

The first girl has a perfect nose. It's straight from the side. I wonder if she had surgery before going to BK for the tip work. I wish I knew a surgeon that could give me that nose or similar. It's very elegant.

Hello,
I planned to go in April 2010. It's like the best time for me. I narrowed down my search to two clinics, one in the Philippines and one in Bangkok.
That's true, we have the same situation. If I will go to any of the above clinics then I will go in April. But If I will go to Korea, I would need more savings..:biggrin:
I know what you're saying " the dissappearing act"..haha :biggrin:

I can't believe people consider traveling for nose jobs! I am getting one next week here in my home city, from a great surgeon and although cost isn't really a factor in wanting to look your best, he is cheaper than the Asian ones listed on this thread, esp when you consider travel costs.

A friends mother went OS to get her surgery ( like, her whole body!) and it looks fine, but i think you are kidding yourself if you think they are better or worse than anyone you can see face to face for several consults. I saw my surgeon three times, visited ladies who he had operated on, spoke to his nurse and anesthesiologist and only then did I choose him. Luckily in Australia our medical system pays for some of the operation if you choose twilight sedation.

Remember, your local laws don't protect you from negligence if something goes wrong in another country, you will basically be out $$$$ with no legal recourse if they botch it!

Hi guys,

I am happy that there is such forum like this discussing bout nose job.
I am filipina and want to have a nosejob. Since I did about 20-30 pages of backreading in this thread, I summed it up that Dr Jung of Korea would be the best. but thinking about my budget, I don't think he's gonna be my final option.

A friend of mine also wants to have a nosejob, and she told me about Yanhee hospital in Thailand. she said Doctors there are good in nosejob and would only cost $1,300 - 1,500 and she wants me to go with her.

Now, I am confuse. Any one of you knows Yanhee?

What about in Taiwan?

Would you rather pay less and deal with the possibility of getting your surgery redone? It seems better to take the time you need to save. Don't cut costs with your face, because damage could be permanent.

A poster at Cozycot had a rhinoplasty they didn't like at ID, then had it redone by Jung a week later. ID isn't bad, but they specialize in facial bone contouring not rhinoplasties. It's best to go to a doctor that is known for doing one or two surgeries very well, as opposed to a general doctor that may do many types of surgeries mediocre. Also, there were other posters on Cozycot that regretted having their surgeries done in places other than Korea. Their revisions were done by Korean doctors.

I originally was going to have it done in my home country too, but I'm not convinced the surgeons have enough experience. Cost isn't an issue for me. The doctors with the most skill and experience is.

Thanks for the heads up! I am encourage now to save my money up for another year and go to Korea for Dr. Jung.

I agree, do not be cheap to your face and the damage could be permanent. Just to let you guys know, the dollar value is going down. Right now, it's okay, but it will go down soon. Probably next year
Also, you must follow the doctor's recommendation. Sure having a tall nose is nice but you must consider other things in your face. You cannot have a sharp and tall nose if you have broad cheeks and a weak chin. As I stated before, surgery alone will not make you beautiful. My advice is workout toned or defined your body and face too if you wanna beautiful at max.

If you are going overseas, here's the currency converter
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter?u#from=USD;to=EUR;amt=1

Happy Thanksgiving.

i'm now considering these clinics:
= bk clinic
= oz clinic
= dream clinic (though i have not heard back from them after emailing them)
= dr jung
= shimmian manila (in the philippines, not korea, anyone have info on dr. lansangan?)

... i am considering them but i am very scared after reading that long post earlier on by someone named "panache" (with some #'s behind the name, maybe panache397?) that something bad might happen and they're not gonna take responsibility for any mistakes they might make :s... especially because i am a foreigner... but that would be the case with all travelling, i think... too bad there are no places where i am that i am interested in having surgery...

what do you guys suggest?

If you look in BK's forum you can see some unsatisfied patients, and the doctor will tell them to get lost basically. I wouldn't take a chance with that.

What do you want to get done? Each doctor is best at certain things.

OZ = Calf Reduction
Jung = Rhinoplasty
BK = Eyes

Thank you for the info. Why aren't you getting it done in Japan?

You're welcome. You will feel so much better knowing you are going to the best surgeon. Instant gratification and cheap surgery doesn't turn out very well most of the time.