BeautyHacker

wait so where is Dr.Chaung and Dr.Jung? do u have their website so i can look at their befor and after photo cuz i really want to get mine done too. the only thing that im afraid is my nose going to turn out looking really fake like some of those pplz who get nose job and u can tell that they really got a nose job done.lol

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does twilight sedation refer to local anesthesia? If so, then that's what I had for my primary rhino.....open procedure, augmentation with silicone plus tiplasty (with ear cartilage). No osteotomy (bone breakage) or alarplasty involved (though I kind of regret not getting alarplasty now....but that's a story for another time). Right before the operation the nurse gave me a couple of pills to take then injected my veins with demerol and then there were a couple of injections to my nose to numb that area. I was awake throughout the entire operation....and felt little to no pain whatsoever (I did feel slight discomfort only when my surgeon was testing out the diff't mm of silicone implants before deciding on one that looked best on me....I could feel the silicone implant being pushed up my nose). My surgeon prefers local anesthesia and prefers the patient to be awake and communicative with him throughout the operation (it was kind of funny b/c of all the random topics we talked about during the op we touched upon Kim Jong-Il LOL, and that was while listening to Kpop music playing in the surgery room). Personally I prefer local anesthesia as well. General anesthesia has greater risks associated with it but if you're getting osteotomy or partial osteotomy then general anesthesia would be a must.

so you know concering alarplasty and tipplasty, which one is better? somyos in Thailand or Rino Lorenzo in Puilippines?

(someone said he saw lorenzo is criticized by he asthetic outcomes, is it about rhinoplasty? and do you have the source? I am interested in him)

please help me every beauty !! I am urgent in this matter and this makes me crazy.... >.< help...

(BTW, I heard korean doctors are not as good as you think..and also charge high prices...)

Hi, Foxycleopatra! Thank you soo much for your reply!

First of all, I just want to say that I think you are very brave to have had an open procedure, under local anasthetic! & congratulation!

I plan on having a closed procedure. Bone will be removed, perhaps from the sides & the arch of my nose. My main problem being the tip.

I've never had an operation & the only type of anasthetic I've ever had to have was a little locally at the dentist.

The thought of being put under general anasthetic terrifies me! The thought of having no control over myself, the thought of being put under an anatural sleep, not to mention the thought of no return.

Atleast, if I could be put under a local anasthetic & anything went wrong, I would be awake, or atleast concious to wake.

From what I have researched so far (twilight vs general) the risks have been mentioned as equal. However, I personally feel twilight IS a safer option, despite what I have read so far. With twilight, you are much less heavily drugged as if you were put under general.

I fear my body could not take it. I espeially worry because I'm a fragile little thing recovering from anorexia & I do have bad anxiety

I don't plan on having the procedure until I have ''fully recovered''. I am going to have to have this procedure done sooner or later & I want to be at my healthiest & fittest as all people should when daring to go under the knife.

I've been through twilight sedation. You basically just feel high and you're conscious but you don't really know what's going on -- it feels euphoric. AFAIK, many patients actually go through twilight sedation but they don't know that they have.

Hi jenny, I was very close to booking a flight out to the Philippines. From having contacted Dr. Lorenzo, he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about rhinoplasties. I asked him for a detailed description of his plan of operation for my revision, and he was able to tell me exactly what he planned to do to improve my nose. I'm not sure if he is as skilled performing the actual surgery as he is in describing the procedure, but I was definitely impressed by his before and after photos.

Have you heard positive reviews about Dr. Tseng? I am now planning on having my revision done by him, and if I do, it will be not even two full weeks from now! I'm starting to get nervous! You're probably wondering why I decided to go with Dr. Tseng, and that's because he uses autologous material, and Dr. Lorenzo doesn't anymore because he says that there was a high resorption rate when he performed rhinoplasties using autologous material. Dr. Tseng's preferred method for my revision is using Goretex with ear cartilage for the tip, but when I get there, I will try to see if he can and will do rib. I'm not sure about the permanence of Goretex, and I want something will last and not need revision again anytime soon! I read that after a while, Goretex will start to look fake and have my skin will have a shrink wrap effect around the implant. I have thick skin, though, so I'm not sure if that will be a problem.

I'm reading through all the post to learn more about rhinoplasty. Thanks for sharing your story BlueHeavens1011, very touching!

I'm still waiting on Dr.Chaung to answer my email. It has been 2 weeks already. I guess he doesn't want to operate on me?

I've contacted Dr. Kao as well because I love his nosejobs.

I wanted to get my eyes done with Dr. Chaung and nose with Dr. Kao because I love the results.

I'm not sure if I want to go with Gortex yet. But after finding out I don't need a visa Korea sounds good. Are you going towards the beginning of Feb? At this point my plans are pretty flexible I just want to make sure I get a nose job and eyes done :smile:

my contact info is: [email protected]

Please keep us updated on Dr. Tseng I thought about going to him as well because he presents as very understanding and willing to help via email :smile:

wow its been long time since Ive been on here. Had to give myself some time to think ..yay or nay to rhino. And I made up my mind ,Hell Yes!!!! haha. Last time I had Dr. Jung [http://korea.nose.co.kr/] mind but,Im not to fond it him now. His revisions are great but actual [first] nose rhino are "eeehh".

I heard about Dr.Preecha with his low price [rhino]. Why so ? silicone or gortex? and do you think he does rhino for Thai transgenders? cause their noses look nice..very nice. haha. Anyone seen his work? If anything ,pm me. =)

Anyone [from the states] going to have rhino early next year and found a great Dr to share? surgery partner?

finding a doctor is soo hard.

Hi I'm new here,

I'm just wondering is this the Dr.Jung everyone is referring to?
http://iaanclinic.com/procedures.htm

Also I'm considering getting work done on my nose in Korea seeing how many people rave how good the surgeons and procedures are there. Being asian I think I would get better results by going with an Asian doctor, since they would understand the asian nose more than an Caucasian American doctor. Can someone make some recommendations on what doctors in Korea are known to give great results? Thanks