BeautyHacker

Chin implants? Anyone had one or pics?

Not sure if this is the right place, but I saw the butt implants and breast augmentation so I thought I would give it a try.
Has anyone had a chin implant or have pics of one? I know they usually do it with rhinoplasty, but I don't need that. Just a small implant for my profile, but I don't want my face to change too much. I don't want to look like Hollyweird...just enhance...
?

I've never had this and have never personally considered it, but I know from a coworker's experience that it's a relatively easy procedure and that --if it's not performed in conjunction with rhinoplasty or neck lipo-- it's done under local anesthesia and takes about 30 minutes. My coworker (a guy) had a receding chin and wanted a more balanced and harmonious profile, so his PS made a small incision and inserted a prosthesis. Like I said, it took about 30 minutes.

Nope, I didn't notice much besides some swelling. In this guy's case, the improvement was noticeable (which is probably why he told us he got the implant in the first place) and it did even out his face quite a bit. I remember him mentioning something about the size or number of the implant being a 3 but I didn't ask him to elaborate at the time since it wasn't a procedure I was interested in having. But, if you didn't know what he started with, you'd never in a million years think he'd had work done. So, it's very subtle and natural looking unless you knew him before he had the chin 'corrected'.

I want a chin implant along with a rhinoplasty to improve my profile. I've seen pictures of people who got just chin implants and I've never seen anyone who didn't look a whole lot better. I think if you get the right size (I believe it's supposed to protrude in line with your forehead) then it should look great. For pictures I suggest looking at plastic surgeons websites in the before and after section. Here are a few that I've found.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

One of my friends had it done as well! She looks great and most importantly, she felt a lot better about her appearance afterwards. She always hated her receded chin ever since we were kids, so she's happier now. Also it didn't take long and she recovered very well and quick.

My hubby's aunt had hers done along w/ rhinoplasty and she actually looks really great. Her results were quite natural, and even though you can tell something is different, and she looks great, she still looks like herself.