BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

Hi Angelfern, how is your nose now? Do you like the result? I am going to Dr Kao in Feb as well and would like to know more about your experience. I will be using rib as well but am afraid that the end result will be too big for my liking. I would appreciate it very much if you can share your experience with me. If it is possible do you think you can PM me your pics? Thanks

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes
paranasal implant = premaxillary implant = noble surgery

also, does anyone know if a silicone chin implant and paranasal augmentation will show up on an x-ray?

EDIT: i just found this
http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com/blog/tag/paranasal-implants/

according to this surgeon, a premaxillary is slightly different from a paranasal implant. however, from looking at korean clinics websites it looks like they consider it to be the same thing

Hi chanelmania77,

Very Sorry, won't be sharing pics due to privacy concerns.
You can read about my experience in expats forum.

So far so good, I broke a few cardinal rules stated by vivi_bee, lol.
I developed flu before i flew to TW, so was on antibiotics, flu, cough meds right till 12am before my surgery the next day.
No choice but it didn't really affect my surgery.

We can only drink water 7 hours after you've woken up from the GA, so i was having terrible razor sharp like sorethroat..
It was my first GA, omg, terrible. really unbearable for me. I was in & out of sleep but was so painful that i can't possibly sleep for the next 7 hours.
Pain till eyes tear

My surgery starts at 3pm, i woke up at 7pm, i can only drink water at 1am!!!
And i've already fasted for 12 hours, i'm the type who have to keep taking sips of water constantly.

so i defied & took sips of water & vomitted out blood water plus my sineech. A male attendant came in to mope up the mess on the floor.

The ache at the chest is chicken feed, i just press the button beside the bed to elevate then drag my IV drip to the attached toilet. Money well spent, coz i can't imagine going to the common bathroom with my surgery gown that opens at the back...

Dr Kao provide a ward for patients FOC but we opted to pay extra for private ward with attached toilet.
maybe i'm lucky to have sis with me, we shared the same private ward, so can keep each other company, suffer together & give each other moral support.

The cast is uncomfortable & a little embarrasing so we wore our masks when we go down to 7-11.

On Day 6 when we can remove the cast, it's like "Hooray! Finally!!", we went shopping immediately!

I kept checking & comparing our progress.
We're not teary or anything, reaching week 7 soon, not emotional.

Different people have different reactions to GA & although we have the same procedure like Ribs & ear cartilage for tip, my sister has very different results from me.

First she doesn't have very bad sorethroat, just uncomfortable, i think her throat feels fine on 2nd day but mine need to wait for 3.5 days.

*Tip, stock up on soya milk, juice anything cold etc to gulp down with your meds.

She has more skin at her tip so it can extend longer which i admire too.
She's not so swollen, no redness & bruises.

The cold weather helps too.

Generally, it's still swollen but not visible to outsiders, the bridge is a little broad from the middle down to the tip, swell sideways so i hope it's deswell but height so far ok, didn't go down.

I've seen my friend who's been to DR Kao doing the same procedure, we can still see changes gradually over the 12 months period. Tip will become even more refined & smaller.

Best of luck to everyone!!

dam, i wish i have a brother sharing the same ward. lol -.-

Regarding number 3, the rule is a little more complicated than just causing nausea and vomiting. It is for anesthesia purposes, if you have food or water in your stomach, the GA could cause you to vomit during your surgery and you could potentially choke to death on your vomit or if you are intubated (breathing tube) your vomit can go into your lungs and cause pneumonia.
This rule applies with water also, I was always advised to even be careful swallowing any water when brushing my teeth!!! This also includes no chewing gum or sucking on candies! This should be taken very seriously, if you do happen to eat/drink past the allotted time, let your doctor know, you mayb have to reschedule your surgery.

Thank goodness I saw this cause I was planning to do this before I read that just because you will be not eating, it doesn't mean you should stuff yourself and eat a lot for the meal the night before, it takes longer to digest and defeats the purpose of fasting. Eat something light not heavy like pizza, etc. I know you'll be hungry, but better safe than sorry!

Im getting mine done in the states, so i really hope they give me things that will help me because I don't want to feel any pain :sad:

I will update everyone with photos. Im trying to find photos of a nose I would want but I can't find any! Now I'm panicked, Ahh.

This is the Asian actress that I think is gorgeous and I like her features! Though she is Eurasian, i think she is 1/4 German. http://angelababy.xanga.com/ or google Angelababy. I would love to know who her PS was!!! I love her ginormous eyes too! LOL

Angelababy is not natural? Does anyone have her before photo? I see some on google but I dont think its real. I love her nose!!! I don't think mine should be that high since I am Asian, but Im trusting the doctor to determine that and make it fit my face. It's perfect, I'm gonna show the doctor her photo. Thank you!!

yeah, not sure if she had work done for sure, it may just be speculation. She did get braces, and maybe that changed her protruding mouth a little?
Who knows, nowadays, the models/celebs all have had some work done! LOL
Yeah, it has to fit your face most importantly, as I said in previous posts and speaking from personal experience, taller is NOT always better!:P

I've been following this thread, and I must say it's been quite interesting. Regarding GA, it's best to avoid it unless you have to have it. Why? Because even though anesthesia has been used safely for decades, the actual mechanics of anesthesia still aren't fully understood. Interesting, huh? I'm a pharmacology grad student working towards a Ph.D, and I'm also a RN working in the ICU. So I have both didactic and clinical experience with patients coming out of anesthesia.

I've decided on using rib for tip augmentation only, just to balance out my face more. I think some people get carried away with bridge augmentation, thus ending up with a strange looking face. Unless your bridge is non-existent or low, I don't think going for a bridge augmentation is the way to go. It'd just look out of place on an otherwise Asian face...unless you're also willing to have work done on your eyes, forehead, etc... But you should be prepared for the psychological aftermath of such drastic transformations. It's always easier to do a little less then go back to tweak/ do more, than do more in the first place.

I'm a little curious as to why full-blooded Asian want to look Hapa or Eurasian. I think it has to do with looking more exotic maybe? White features look exotic to Asians while Asian features do the same for Caucasians. I'm a 1/4 Caucasian and 3/4 Asian so this is a rather interesting topic for me.

IMO, I think Devon Aoki has a pretty cute nose, it fits her Eurasian face very well.

Hmmm Uzara,

I have been reading this thread long ago before I began posting as well.. And so far I have not read anyone stating the purpose of their procedure is to look more Happa or Eurasian :s

I think to direct this question here although it is general might even offend some people >.<

But yes I do agree for the need to prepare mentally before such a drastic procedure.. especially if like me you opted to use rib. lol

^ I'm full Asian and I have nooooo desire to look Hapa or Eurasian at all. I would just like a bit of a sharper nose as some Asians naturally have who are blessed =P But yeah, I'm completely satisfied with being and looking Korean :biggrin:

Hi Uzura, Can you please help clarify? What is the other option if not GA? Local Anesthesia? How deep is the sleep for LA? If that is the case, why would people not choose Local to begin with? Does it depend on the severity of the surgery? I've had 3 surgeries with GA in my lifetime. I just remember having a little sore throat from being intubated and some nausea, but I don't remember it being that bad. Though sometimes, when I yawn or tear up, I swear I smell anesthesia, I may be imagining it. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing anyone posting that they wanted to look Eurasian or mixed. It just happened to be a resulting comment that they ended up looking more mixed due to getting a taller bridge. I guess to some people (myself included), it is considered a compliment because many Mixed/Hapas/Eurasians do have an exotic look.

I do get that I look mixed now with my taller bridge (it doesn't bother me either way), but I actually am getting it taken down a little cause it does not suit my face (but mainly because of the warped bump on my bridge). It elongated my face and I lost the youthful cute factor that I used to have. With that said, my mom is full Asian and is blessed with a beautiful and tall nose and she gets asked if she is mixed all the time. Same goes with my grandfather. (I unfortunately got my dad's nose :shucks:) I guess many people just associate taller noses on Asians with being mixed?

I wouldn't say Devon Aoki has a "perfect" nose, she has a little bump and slight pollybeak, but nonetheless, she is gorgeous just the way she is!!! She also doesn't fit the "ideal face proportions" but I think that's what makes her so unique and intriguing.

Even though I am getting a revision, if I could take it all back again, I would have never messed with nature. But unfortunately, now I have to live with a stiff nose, some scaring, and have to fix the damage that was done...