BeautyHacker

asian nose job 2

I completely understand how you feel now as I had similar experience - I hated my new nose after rhinoplasty (both the look and the feel). I have been in a serious depression since my rhino and are still not out of it yet. I will post more when I feel better as it's still too painful now thinking about all that happened. Like you, my natural nose was not bad at all and I had never in my life felt insecure about it. I had a normal nose that fitted my face but I was greedy and wanted to be more beautiful. I already had everything in my nose removed but the well-shaped old nose would never come back.
You may contact angleplane to ask about her experience of reversing rib rhino. She had to go through several operations to be able to have all the pieces of rib that the doctor put in her nose removed. I hope you didn't have your nose done at VIP. I think it's a good idea to go back to the same doctor if you want to have the grafts removed as he is the one who know exactly what he did. If the doctor didn't narrow your bone then you will have the same bridge but the old tip would never come back - removing the grafts is not the same as removing a piece of implant. And in some cases, you may have the risk of nose collapsing...

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you absolutely hate your nose and feel insecure then go for it. However, if you are still debating then please consider your partner's opinions. He is reasonable - I wish I had a partner that prevented me from having rhinoplasty so that I didn't make the biggest and irreversible mistake in my life. Asian rhinoplasty is not like other surgeries, it comes with compromises that not many people mentioned here.

Thanks so much AK4life!! Its so kind of you to give me the encouragement to get me thru the day. This is hard road to walk if the outcome is not what you want. I sometime wish I can wear a plastic bag over my head so I don't have to look at this stranger in the mirror.
Thank you for those of you that PM me... Thanks for your support and if you have any questions about any of my experience, please let me know! I am more than happy to help!!!

I'm so sorry you aren't happy with your new nose. :tdown: I'm in the same pre-op situation as you were. I think my current nose is fine, and I don't feel like there are obvious flaws with it, but I just want it to be more pretty and even more suited to my face... But now after hearing a lot of these unsatisfied reviews, I'm hesitant as to whether I should even try to touch it up or not. :-s

If you don't mind sharing, which surgeon did you go to in NY? Were they asian?

I am new to the forum and been reading upon everyone's post.. this is such a great place to speak your mind...

I didnt know so many people travel to Korea or other AP countries to do PS! Is it safe? How do you know they have the same standard as the US ( where I live) and what happens if something goes wrong when you travel back to your home country. Its pretty amazing.... I guess the US really lack good Asian PS .... ? Have anyone had good experiences?

it seems like a lot of people on this post went to VIP for PS.... ho wis the fly back after surgery.. was it bearable?

I am so sorry to hear about this but did you have to move the implant?

I also have the same fear... what is the appropriate thing to say when someone ask about your nose? I think its a rude question but nevertheless I think some "nosy" hahaha people would ask! I don't think any of us should be upset since PS is so common these days!

is quitting smoking more important before or after surgery? Does it have to be 3 months before??? and how long after can you start smoking? I am a heavy smoker ( 10 -15 a day) I dont know how I can stop just like that ? Some doctors said its a week before and week after????

Why is so important about doing a piggy nose??? Is it something that Asians in Asian countries do alot? I never really seen people in the state do a piggy nose! hahaha... the only worry I would have if I got a nj is anyone pinching my nose!!

Smoking impacts your immune system and will affect your ability to heal. It also increases your chances of a heart attack, among other things. Very risky especially for those considering surgery.. But I didn't quit because of my surgery; I had constant bronchitis and my doctor showed me a chart that had bronchitis right next to emphysema and lung cancer.. the photos frightened me into quitting cold turkey. If I were you, I would quit right away, but obviously I've been in your shoes before and know how difficult it is. I would not have healed so quickly if I was still a smoker and constantly sick.

So to answer your question about quitting before or after, from my experience, it is important to be healthy during both times.