BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

Hi I had revision DES w Dr Kwon and it helped but not 100% satisfied... thinking about going to Dr. Kang this march for ANOTHER revision. At the time a lot of people were telling me NOT to go to Dr. Kang but now looking back idk if i should have listened to them. Could you tell me your experience with Dr. Kang IOU if you go soon? It would help me so much since im so frustrated that my revision has not fixed it. If you want we can add each other on Kakao Talk and I can share my experience!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a consult at both Teuim and IOU on 20th Feb and will most likely have surgery with Dr Kang on the same date. Can I ask why you weren't happy with your results from Dr Kwon? I'm mainly seeing them just to get a second opinion but prefer the look of Dr Kang's patients.
Sorry I don't have Kakao but you're welcome to msg me if you prefer.

I got them at the pharmacy... mine is called tabacare gold, blueberry mint (it tastes amazing). I actually have e-cigs and iqos as well...I’ve just been smoking those.

The tabacare costs 15,000 won (<$14) and has a certain number of puffs... 200? 2000? Haha something like that—one lasted me about a day and a half right after my surgery Bc I was just chain puffing it furiously.

Hi! I will be there on 6th April at 3pm, it's friday . I hope that i have enough time to have consulation with some clinic before they are closed. But mainly i will have my consulation day on next day and hopefully clinic which i choose will have time for me at the same day or monday as well.
My check list will be banobagi and mvp

I think you should be able to do at least one consultation the day you arrive, as clinics generally close around 7 pm. Incheon to Gangnam shouldn’t take longer than 2 hours, starting from the moment you leave the plane. I imagine you’d feel tired and want to settle in, rather than dealing with the insane rush hour traffic in Gangnam, though.

Personal update: I got my stitches out two days ago, then immediately went shopping ^^. I’m quite happy with my results so far—I was so swollen post op, but now, even my bf is amazed that I’ve recovered so fast. (Though this is probably not comparable to ofhers’ recovery process as I was a particularly bad case due to the whole poor health/not quitting smoking or drinking til the day before surgery.) I still have some bruising under my left eye and a bit more swelling on my right eye; I imagine it’s the ptosis correction—he said my levator muscle was damaged from the first time years ago.

The lady taking my stitches out was very efficient and nice, and very helpful in response to a bunch of questions. I had her standing and waiting patiently at one point while I was hmm-ing and trying to remember more questions, then I felt bad so I told her to go do her work while I was thinking lol. I’m going to see the doc sometime after the new year (next week).

Anyway, in short, my experience with MVP has been positive, and I’m quite pleased with the results and for finally taking the revision plunge. My only gripe is having to wear glasses...I cannot wait to be free of them. Also to drink wine again.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all, I had my revisional DES with Dr Kang at IOU on Monday to lower my creases, improve the shape and remove the sausage lids.
So far so good - I am happy with the height/shape of the creases and they seem to be recovering well. However I was surprised when Dr Kang said a fat transfer would not be needed as he uses a 'local flap' technique to prevent the old crease from re-forming. Has anyone heard of this or had this procedure done before?

The reason why I ask is because today (day 4 post-op) I've started noticing an extra line forming on the inner corner which looks like it could be from my old crease. I know it's early days still and my stitches haven't come out yet - but I'm worried about a triple fold forming and wonder if fat should have been grafted to stop the old crease from forming? I was told to keep massaging it and that it will go away in a few months but wonder if anyone else has experience with this problem?

Has anyone else had revisional surgery to lower their crease without fat transfer?

Hello and thank you to everyone on here for sharing information and personal experiences! I'm also hoping to get revisional DES with Dr. Kang. I don't speak Korean and have been limited in my research capabilities on Korean clinics, but from what I've found, he seems like the most promising surgeon for what I'm looking for.

@sleepy_jean, how is your recovery going? I want similar revisions to the ones you went for. Cheering for your results to look just the way you want! :flowers: Any update on that extra line? Hopefully what you're experiencing is indeed only temporary. May I ask if you got the excisional or non-excisional method? I'm hoping to get the non-excisional method, but I'm worried about scars and my old crease showing up as well. Would also be interested in learning more about your experience if you are open to sharing. Wishing you the best for your recovery!

Hi peachpuff, I'm 8 days post-op and recovery is going well. I was going to wait a few weeks before posting my review of Dr Kang but I might do an initial review now since I've had a few msgs about it.

I had a consultation with Dr Kwon at Teuim and Dr Kang at IOU. I went with Dr Kang as his consultation wasn't rushed and I felt like he really knew what I wanted. To save on space I'll write the main points below:

Problem - high crease (7mm), sausage eyes, round parallel crease instead of tapered, deep fixation, asymmetrical eyes, ptosis
Consultation - 20th Feb. Dr Kang had my previous pics/emails open on his computer when I went in and had a pic of a crease he recommended for me (4.5mm). The pic was spot on what I wanted and I felt like he had taken time to prepare for our meeting. He took the time to address questions, wrote down notes for me to keep and was overall soft spoken but friendly. His English was good enough.
Surgery - they booked me in for 5pm that day but the previous surgery went late so we didn't start until after 7pm. I was worried Dr Kang would be tired when I saw him drinking coffee beforehand! But he was alert and thorough when doing my markings/surgery. The 'sleep anaesthetic' was very brief and felt like I was in a tunnel full of colours. After that I felt mild discomfort during the surgery but no pain. The whole operation was quick, finished in just over an hour. It was a bit painful afterwards but one dose of paradol was all I needed that night.
Recovery - I was very bruised and swollen the day after surgery but the swelling went down after a few days. Since having stitches out on the 6th day (meant to be 5th but I didn't realise they were closed Sundays) my bruising and swelling has done down rapidly and I'm very impressed with how my eyes look on day 8. They're definitely healing a lot faster than my first surgery and I think the excellent post-op care they provide at IOU helps (you go in every second day for cleaning, anti-swelling injections, laser therapy and a personal checkup with Dr Kang). They also provide you with a good quality ice mask, eye drops and ointment etc.

Overall I am very happy with the shape of my eyes - Dr Kang managed to do what other surgeons told me would be difficult, which is bring down the inner corner of my eyes to make them tapered/almond shape again instead of round. I think he was only able to do this because of his non-excisional technique (although he said later he removed a bit of skin as I had some extra). Even with residual swelling I can tell my sausage lids are gone. His stitches were small and neat and I was worried they might scar a little, but the skin is healing amazingly.

My only concerns post-surgery were the following:
1. The extra crease appearing which looked like my old scar. After stitches came out the skin relaxed and this crease has now disappeared and the line is not noticeable. I'm still not sure if it was my old scar or not by Dr Kang was right when he said it would go away with time.
2. Unevenness in ptosis. I had bad ptosis in my left eye and mild in my right. Dr Kang recommended fixing the ptosis in both eyes but now it seems like my eyes are healing at uneven rates so it looks like the ptosis is still visible in my left eye but my right eye looks a bit overcorrected when I open my eyes wide (ie. the lid retracts higher than it used to). Dr Kang said it will take time for the ptosis repair to even out and I hope he's right, otherwise I'm going to have one eye open bigger than the other. I can tell there's more swelling in my left eye though, and it's a bit inflamed (it was more painful getting the stitches out in this eye which I'm thinking might have irritated it a bit), so hopefully that's what's causing the worse ptosis. I'll post an update in a few weeks time when my eyes have had more time to settle.

Sorry for the long review but overall I'm happy with the surgery and would recommend Dr Kang! If the ptosis issue resolves I'll be VERY happy and would highly recommend Dr Kang. Thank you to those who recommended him before so I was able to look him up. I hope my review has been helpful for anyone considering revisional surgery as I know how hard it is to pick the right surgeon!

Your eyes look great! Yea, Dr. Shin is famous in Korea for revisional DES ever since a celeb went there.

Yea, MVP was pissing me off with how long they kept us waiting (just for a consultation!), and when we complained, they said that it's normal to wait like an hour. Ok.. and then they have the audacity to tell us they're not a factory? Totally turned me off of the clinic. I'm sure the doc is skilled, but the way the run the clinic is nagl. They are also not very good at telling you how long you're going to have to wait. They don't even tell you and just let you wait before you ask, then they're like "Oh.. it's going to be 30 more min" even after you've already waited 30 min... gee, thanks, but I'll take my business elsewhere where I don't feel like just another $$.

@sleepy_jean, thank you very much for your detailed response! That's great that the extra crease has already disappeared and that you're so pleased with the revised shape. Hooray for no more sausage lids! Your results sound very reassuring to me, as I hope to change my round creases into tapered creases as well, and get rid of the sausage-y appearance too. Hopefully the ptosis will begin to even out for you soon. It can definitely be a struggle waiting for things to settle during the healing stage. Fingers crossed!

If it's all right with you, may I message you with a few additional questions about the overall process? Once again, wishing you a speedy recovery and your ideal final look!

Thanks peachpuff, I'm hoping the ptosis resolves itself soon too. It's the only thing I'm worried about, everything else I'm more than happy with. Happy for you to msg with any questions.

does Dr Shin speak English? I really want to check out Shinseung but I am not sure how to contact them from abroad to arrange consultation etc. since I do not speak any korean.

Thank you! I will get in touch soon. :smile:

Hi,
Just wondering since I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but I am hoping to get similar revisions to you as I have similar problems with my original surgery. In your original surgery, did you do incisional or nonincisional method? I'm worried that I don't have enough fat/skin for revision. Thank you so much for your review as I was interested in Dr. Kang. If it's not too much to ask, and I know it's a private matter, could you PM me (or post) any pics of before/after of the eyelids?

Hi helloello my original surgery was the incisional method. If you don't have enough fat/skin Dr Kang can do a non-skin excisional method with fat graft. Please PM me if you'd like pics.