BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

Hi, do you mind me emailing you directly cos I’m kinda lost and am hoping you can give me some useful advice. Thank you so much.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for a timely warning as I thought Dr Kang was the solution to my problems. The information on this thread are olde but goldie.

I had incisional double eyelid + ptosis correction 6 years ago and while I love my eyes, I still feel like I have ptosis. Only about 60% of my eyeball is shown when relaxed and I’m not sure if it’s due to ptosis or just a hooded lid (my eyes become inner double eyelid when i open them wide). I also cant wear mascara still because my eyelashes are pointing downwards

I recently consulted with the eye surgeon at GNG, Dr Seo at MVP and Dr Park at Designer where I originally got my eyes done! All 3 surgeons said the same thing - that my left double eyelid is loosening. Who would have thought that incisional eyelids can loosen :sad:

GNG - didnt really get good vibes from the doc. Didnt really think I had ptosis. Suggested non incisional + non incisional ptosis correction.

MVP - suggested incisional + mild ptosis correction

Designer - doesnt think i need ptosis correction again - suggested non incisional to deepen the crease.

I think I will consult a few more just to get more opinions. I’m thinking Ruby, Shinseung and Yonsei First.

Recently I was told by someone that if I had incisional double eyelid the first time, I need to get incisional double eyelid again and I cannot do non-incisional. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, are lashes that point down a ptosis problem or can it be fixed by deepening the crease? :O

Seems like the 3 surgeons aren't too different from each other regarding ptosis. Sometimes our drooping issues extend further than ptosis. For example, I have drooping, heavy eyelids with short space in-between my eyebrows and lids and it's more a forehead issue than anything–ptosis wouldn't really help me alone. So perhaps it's more than just a ptosis issue? If the other surgeons you plan to consult with don't think the ptosis to be too much of an issue then it can probably be remedied via other means, perhaps deepening the crease. ^^

You don't have to get incisional for your non incisional revision, or at least I've never heard that before. You're free to get non incisional again if you want haha. A variety of factors can lead to non incisional unraveling more quickly, ranging from surgeon technique to age.

Ahh! Yup that's right I think they all agree that I don't have severe ptosis anymore. I wish they would have explained more about how to improve my eyeball/lashes problem though. None of them suggested forehead lift or something else. I like really big bright eyes that show a lot of the iris.. like Melodee Morita.

I actually had incisional+ptosis correction the first time :biggrin: And now the doctors seem in favour non-incisional to just tighten the same crease. A random consultant to be however, that if I did it incisional the first time, I have to do incisional again.

I was shocked that my incisional crease could loosen over the years. I think the chance of it happening is like 2%? According to the doctors, my left crease will continue to loosen and become more faint in the future :sad:

If your eyelashes droop down even when you lift up your eyelid it could just be due to the nature of your lashes. For me, I have sparse asian lashes that stick downward anyway, on top of my drooping issue. Though, sometimes deepening the crease can help with that? I hope you get a satisfactory answer! Oh, that's right, I must have misread. Hm, that's more uncommon but if multiple surgeons say it's possible then I don't see why not.
She seems to have really really bright eyes! If you don't actually have a ptosis issue anymore then it could just be aesthetic difference haha.
It's honestly not super common for incisional to loosen at all since it's an incision/scar tissue but if it was done improperly or if your eyelids retained too much fat, it can ;`(

i feel sorry for myseft that i didnt choose the right doctor for my doubleeyelid ,i feel in bad mood after i did the surgery , my eyes was better before now i look 10 years older than my age ,the shape is not nice at all .My family say i look terrible why i do it .now i cant descibe how bad it is , thought he do it good but not :sad: ..

Whom you’re referring to?

IMO yes. My crease is barely half and it’s super sausage. I think asians have short eyes in lenght between inner and outer corner so slightly higher crease makes it sausage-looking. Maybe if you get epi and lat canthoplasty in full, as lengthening as possible, maybe creases can be higher too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, are you satisfied with the revision result so far? How much did Dr Kang charge for the revision? Were you able to bargain ? Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • admin locked and unlocked this topic