hi oddfurniture

i live in toronto....do u have skype? my skype is braveheartray

or msn?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jennylyn..

Very thankful to hear ur information. I have been through the same case with u..and it stress me out. I did my first surgery 3 months ago..and the result is horrifying.$
Could u send me ur PM so that we can talk and discuss about this further?

Thanks

Hi Jennylyn..

Very thankful to hear ur information. I have been through the same case with u..and it stress me out. I did my first surgery 3 months ago..and the result is horrifying.
Could u send me ur PM to my email [email protected] so that we can talk and discuss about this further?
Thank u in advance!

Thanks

Sorry i have neither ! Im not from Toronto actually but i will be in town next week i have my appointment with Dr. Tong. I'll let you know how it went. If you have any questions you want me to ask him i can surely do so too if it helps

Hi surgeryaddict :smile: may I know what surgery would you do? firstly I really need info about people who had done revision eyelid surgery ,because I have heard that revision surgery may worsen the result or widen the scar.pls kindly share if you guys have any info regarding revision surgery with incisional method, Thank u...

hey guys~ i'm so excited to browse this forums!!!
i wish to do for my imbalance eyelid and epicanthoplasty, do u guys have any idea how much each of this cost???
i heard bk, vip and banobagi very famous but not sure which is the best for eyes surgery. banobagi seem using the diff method (double embedding) to get the double eyelid, which is the advance method to avoid loosening double eyelid after the long term. i'm not sure other clinics using this method or the old 1.. is any1 able to update me?
many thanks~~ :smile:

Dear Jennylynn,
I am so happy to read your post. It gives me alot of hope. I had my surgery done three years ago and the results are really unnatural. I have been thinking of going to dr kang from IOU to lower my double eyelids too. Right now the incision line is at 10 mm and it looks really weird.
May i know if u can see any scars after lowering ur eyelids? Are there visible scars from the first surgery? How many mm did u lower ur eyelids?
Can you please kindly send me your before and after pictures, i promise it will be confidential. I will really appreciate your help!
My email address is [email protected]
Thank you !!

Hi !
Sorry for replying so long later, what is your private email address?? I cant pm yet cause i dont have enough posts. My incision line is at 10mm, it looks really fake. And i look much older after the surgery.
I am thinking of going to dr kang from IOU to lower the eyelids, i havent heard any bad reviews from him. He sounds really good at doing revisions.

Hi SassyChic09,

After reading your post, I wonder have you had your double eyelid surgery yet and if so then can you share with me your experience at Banobagi clinic in Korea. I have heard a lot about them and want to go with them for my double eyelid surgery. However, I have never talked to them but only see their before and after pictures and I really like it, so please tell me how your trip goes and if it is possible, can you email me your eyes after surgery. I will really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. :smile:

First of all, I am very thankful for everyone who posted their experiences here, so that I could find Dr. Kang from IOU(http://www.iou4u.com) to fix my very unsatisfactory eyelid surgery outcome.

Back in September, 2011, I had my first eyelid surgery to remove droopy eyelid skin from a doctor in LA. But, the outcome was very unsatisfactory.
My creases were totally asymetrical and incision lines sat at 9-9.5mm, which it looked totally unnatural.
I suffered from depression and emotional pain after the first surgery and cried almost every day, until I had my eyelid revision with Dr. Kang from IOU.

As I can read and speak Korean fluently, I was able to find a few clinics that are well reviewed at eyelid revision from the internet.
I emailed them whether the revision can be done at 4 months post-op from first surgery as I could not live another day crying and suffering emotionally.
Most of them told me that I need to wait at least 6 months to entertain the idea of revision just like three oculoplastic surgeons I saw here in the USA. But, 3 doctors in Korea told me that they may be able to do the revision at 4 months if the scar is not bad. To be precise, one doctor said he can do the revision for sure at 4 months post-op from first surgery. Other two doctors including Dr. Kang said they need to see me face to face to determine whether I can be a candidate for revision.

I decided to fly to Korea in January at the 4 months mark from first my eyelid surgery and had three consulations in Korea. All of doctors said that the revision can be done to lower the eyelids.
I was told that there are two ways to lower the high folds. One method is placing the new incision line lower than the original one and to remove the skin between, which I believe this is a typical way to lower the high folds. This method is good if there is enough skin.

Another method is placing the new incision line below the original one and undoing the original eyelid surgery with the fat grafting to prevent re-adhesion. This method does not need to remove any skin, which is good in case of skin shortage. As I did not have enough skin to remove, two doctors recommened the latter method to me.

Among the two doctors, Dr. Kang's fee was more expensive but, I chose Dr. Kang as I felt that he knew exactly what had to be done to my eyelids.
I wanted to get the job done right even if it cost more as I did not want to go through more horrible times.
My surgery lasted about two and half hours for lowering the eyelids, fat grafting, ptosis correction and lower eyelid blepharoplasty.

Right after surgery, I could see that my eyes looked way better than before even though I was so bruised. My creases were almost symetrical and lower. And, they were both more naturally tapered.

At about 2 weeks post-op, my eyelids looked so natural even though it was still bruised. The swelling went away really quickly.
When I left Korea after one month Post-Op, I still had some amount of bruising and I was really worried that it may not go away. But, Dr. Kang assured me that it would go away and I am so glad that it did.
I am almost 2 months post-op now from revision with Dr. Kang and most of my bruising is gone. Just very slight discoloration on one eyelid, which it is not noticeable.

If you are suffering from a bad eyelid surgery, I highly recommed Dr. Kang for you. He is very gentle, caring, great bedside manner and professional.
His office is full of Korean patients seeking eyelid revision surgeries. During follow-up visits, I have met many happy patients who had the eyelid revisions with him.
I was told that most of eyelids can be fixed and improved. So, please don't give up the hope. I thought that there was no hope for me until I met Dr. Kang.

I am so glad that I found him. For the first time in 6 months, I am not trying to hide my eyes from people seeing.
Finally, I am no longer crying because of my eyes.

If I need another eye work in the future, I now know where to go.
Please note that I am not working for Dr. Kang.

Hi Purple_girlie
I am going to email you at [email protected] now!

Hello! Thank you so much for your information! It helps so many people! Very happy that you are no longer crying. I got my eyes done one month before you and had the sane high cut problem. I'm almost already decided on Kang because of all the good revision reviews I keep hearing. Can you tell me how high your cut is now? I know some people said there creases were too low now. Also, how much did he charge? Thank you and I hope to be able to say the same words as you one day!!!

Hi !! I am so happy that you posted your experience ! It means so much to me!
I am planning to get my revision done with Dr Kang too ! My current incision line is at 10mm and it looks awfully swollen , thick and unnatural ! I went to Dr Charles Lee 3 years ago.
Can you please let me know how many mm did you lower your eyelids to? Do you still have double eyelids showing now, or are they completely in-fold and look like monolids?
Also, are there any visible scars from the first surgery after lowering your eyelids?
Thank you again, and i am glad you are happy with your new eyelids !!

Hi, I have not measured my creases height yet as I know that they are much lower than my previous ones but, I am guessing that it is between 5 and 6 mm.
I can certainly measure it for you later. Dr. Kang can lower the folds even without removing any skin by undoing the original surgery. He can even get rid of the double folds. Actually, I saw so many Korean patients who came to Dr. Kang to remove the double folds. I was told that the previous scars are hidden in the new folds/creases in most of times. But, in some cases like very high folds or bad scars, the scar revision needs to be done later.
I promised Dr. Kang not to talk about the price here. But, you can get the idea of price from some patients who mentioned Dr. Kang's fee here as it is very close to what I paid.
Good luck with your revision surgery.

I have double eyelids showing, which I think they are pretty good size to me now.
For me, two months post-op size seems to be the same as one month post-op.
I only see the new scars from my revision surgery.
You certainly need to address your desirable crease height with Dr. Kang. He is pretty good at listening to his patients.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.