BeautyHacker

Fat Grafting In Korea

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, do you know if fat graft is permanent? What I mean permanent is that it will be reduced as you age naturally and not stay forever, from example until you are 80 years old, but you will have enough when you are 30, lesser when you are 40 etc.

Setting aside absorbation rates and considering you do at least one top up do you think that somebody will be able to retain it for a very long time? Because some doctors say it lasts 5-10 years which for me is a relatively short period of time since I am only 20.

I suffer from fat loss and sagging after several laser procedures, before that my face had perfectly distributed fat and was really young looking,younger than my actual age, people thought I was underage and always asked for my id. Not anymore..

The reviews and opinions here are mixed (I have read almost everything here on pf) and nobody who had this procedure a long time ago has come to report the results, so I don't know what to believe. Some say it lasts some say it doesn't.

Also, do you know/ think it would be a good idea to inject fat under the cheekbone area (in front of the ear), in the teardrop area and in the nasolabial area? (I can post pictures to show you exactly). These are the places where I experience fat loss but I'm afraid I might look fatter, or the nasolabial folds get worse (I have read that here on pf). For the teardrop and the area around the eye I'm not even sure if fat can be injected there.

If anybody has the knowledge please enlighten me as well:smile:
Many thanks

• 2 months later...
Just had mine done on friday at View, eyes, nose and fat graft (forehead, temples, under eye and mid face). It is day 3 post op. I know I will swell but I wasn't expecting to swell and bruise this much. I look sooo hideous now, so swollen and bruised I can hardly open my eyes:sad: Taking comfort in some of your reviews here that swelling is normal and trying my very darnest to stay positive. Dr Kim gave me slightly more fat as i wouldn't be able to come back for a top up so am wondering if that the reason for the overzealous swelling and bruising?. I don't know if I would de-swell enough in 2 weeks to go back to work :sad:

Anyone had similar post op experience of fat grafting the under eye area and ended up all swollen and bruised like someone swung a hockey stick in your face? I have a follow up at the clinic tomorrow..fingers crossed.

Thank you for sharing :smile: Please keep updating us!!

I also want to get fat graft under my eyes but I'm scared it might cause visible lumps :sad:

Why not fillers. Ask a doctor. For myself, I am going to try fillers and botox. Don't want the pain of fat transfer and having to top up and having some more pain, hahaha.

According to a doctor, fat grafting is better suited if you have already given birth. I suppose it is because if you put on weight, your face balloon up, no?

Yes I know, but I suffer from fat loss from laser damage, I cannot wait to get pregnant to get a fat graft, this might happen in 10 years :/

How about fillers? If you don't like it, you can get it dissolved. Oh ya, better see that it is FDA approved.

Fillers..I don't know..I wanted a more permanent solution like fat graft, but I read that ultimately it's not unless you have the time, money and being in Korea all the time to preserve it..But yeah, I might try fillers as well.

Problem with fillers currently is, in my case, doctors refuse to give them to me because I'm too young as they say (21 years old), they say come when you are 30:shucks: They don't listen to me when I show them pictures and tell them that my cheeks and under eyes have deflated, because I still look ''normal for my age'', but previously I was beautiful. Now I look sad, older and have wider looking face, plus super obvious blue veins!

On the other hand, a doctor in Korea would pinpoint my problem immediately as babyfaces are their specialty.

Please keep us updated! There're not many reviews about View and I'm sure a lot of us here are interested.

I did my undereye fillers when I was having rhinoplasty at Banobagi last year. While fat grating is permanent, it's harder to control than fillers especially under the eyes where the skin is thinner and fragile. There's also no telling how much fat can remain after 3-6 months or after 2 years. Having said that, fillers doesn't last forever, perhaps 9 months to max of 2 years depending on what fillers you use. For the eye area, a softer filler is used so I think give and take 6-9 months.

Do let us know how your fat grafting goes. I'm also very interested to do it, but I do have reservations for undereye.

I'm looking a tad less like the bride of chucky today. It is day 3 post op. I think my swelling and bruising has stopped and maybe even subsided a bit? thank God..because yesterday I can hardly open my eyes. My under eye area is still puffy and I still look like an overfed chipmunk with black eyes, mind you..but I feel better and brave enough, with a cap and mask, to venture to Garosugil for a bit of shopping, lunch and coffee. Just made sure I avoid eye contact with cashiers as i don't want to freak anyone out :P

In the morning, I went back to the clinic for a follow up, got those horrible packing out of my nose. I can breathe! And also taste my food! Hallelujah! The nurse cleaned the stitches on my eyelids and cleaned my nose. Doctor reassured me the swelling and bruising is normal and all is OK. Really hope I'll look normal-ish enough when i see my kids and husband in 10 days and to go back to work in 2 weeks.

They gave me a de-swelling treatment, hair wash and more pumpkin juice ..feeling a zillion times better. Amazing what a hair wash can do for your spirits! I've been offered another de-swelling treatment tomorrow. I can't see my nose becausthe splint is still on. It'll be taken off in 4 days so I can get to see what my nose look like then and report back.

Fillers will last longer than a fat graft for the nasolabial folds. I would also avoid fat graft around the eye area as it can look lumpy if it's not not exceptionally. I've looked into this as well and have had consults since I wanted to add volume to these two areas and I'm def. sticking with fillers.

Hey so glad you're feeling better. Since you're there, can I ask you about facial contouring at View? Are they good too? Sorry gals, please let me digress a little.

Yes I will let you know:smile: I read on realself from the doctors who use fat graft under the eyes that the fat must be under 0.1cc, which to me still seems a lot. Kim Hansung claims he uses 0.02cc:wtf: