BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

Is there any reputable clinic in Korea that specializes in treatments of skin conditions like acnes, scars, visible pores, blackheads etc., improving skin tone and texture.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to know too. I looked up some information online and so far have found some that look legit:
Teng Teng, Dr. Woo & Hann, Oracle. What do you guys think about those places? I've read a good review on Maylin but couldn't find their website, don't know what they offer either.

hi guys,
how advanced is Korea skin care clinic compared to the other sides of the world? Plastic surgery clinics, i would understand, but skin care clinic?

i mean, (well, let me take acne indented scars as an example), in my knowledge, the most advance technology for these kind of scar treatment is using fraxel laser and/or chemical peel.

Do the skin care clinics in Korea use more advanced and not-known-world-wide technique or technology? I don't mean to be pessimist, it is even better if they have better technology. More the reasons to visit Korea, lol :biggrin:

Hi, my daughter and I just spent 10 days in Korea in August. I did double eyelid at Teuim clinic and we went to Oracle for laser skin treatments! THEY PROVIDED THE WORST EXPERIENCES ONE COULD EVER IMAGINE! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE ROBBED (WE SPENT USD930) AND GOT EXRTREMELY MAD PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!

ORACLE SKIN CLINIC IS POPULAR TO LOCALS BUT TO FOREIGNERS THEY ROB! THEY CHARGED THE SAME AS PITANGUI WOULD CHARGE! USD440 FOR Radio Frequency (RF) laser treatment that they told us it would take 20 minutes for the laser treatment alone. Finally it took 5minutes! 5 minutes and you pay USD440. Plus after laser treatment cream they told me I must buy a big jar for 2 of us which cost USD80! I saw that we could use a USD20 sized bottle and would last many weeks instead!

Nothing was improved after the laser treatments for both my daughter and I! Nothing! How could they do in 5minutes something that should last 20min for whole face? The doctor was rude and vain! The staffs were very bad after they realized I wanted money back! They called police! I was happy! They thought I would be scared! Can you imagine being a foreigner, being robbed and menaced by locals? I wanted to follow the police to file a report about Oracle clinic but they told police to go and never gave me back a penny of USD920 I paid! I was truly mad! My trip was about skin treatment! After treatment with them I had to wait a month before I do anything else to my skin and money spent to go to Korea was wasted and time was wasted! Please go to a good skin clinic in your home town! Or if go to Seoul you must know they are good! Huhus skin clinic seems much much nicer in class! But they charge double price so I am not sure I wanted to pay USD880 for a RF Laser treatment in a strange country! Please BEWARE!!!

Sorry for your experience... You have to be extremely careful choosing your clinic. There are good ones, but in general Koreans are not best known for honest business.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to know you had a bad experience. Thanks a lot for sharing the info tho. Another skin clinic off my list :sad:

• 4 weeks later...
Ah, I'm so sorry you had a bad experience there :sad: I'm actually frequenting the place now with my boyfriend for skin treatment and they've been good so far...

• 1 month later...
hi guys :smile: i was asking one of my korean friends who currently live in korea where she goes to get her skin done and she told me she goes to magic dermatology (http://www.emagicskin.com/). i think it's worth looking into it, when i typed the name on the korean portals it had a lot of nice before and after photos.

(i should tell you i was just looking at acne scars and acne care)

this clinic is more for locals so the prices are cheap! if you have trouble navigating the site here is the "real stories": http://www.emagicskin.com/?idx=community/4

this is an example of a patient's before an after:
[​IMG]

she did:
- Matrix IR (3 times)
- Paroxetine Fractional CO2 (once)
- Growth Factor Therapy - pretty sure it's stem cell (3 times)
- Nose Fiji/Sebum Management (twice)
=300,000kwn/$280

i've also heard good things about maylin dermatology but it is a bit pricey and everything has a set price so there is no room for haggling; which i guess is good so foreigners and locals pay the same. many korean celebrities go here for their skin :smile:

i have talked to a couple of people and clinics and even my translator and they all have advised to do dermatology work before plastic surgery for those of you are wanting to do ps there too :smile:

woah. nice result .

do u have their email addr?

Do you guys know any dermatologists who speak fluent english? Ive got a rare skin condition that the dermatologists here dont have a solution for. And its a complicated one so i need a dermatologist in korea who is fluent in english. Any help is much appreciated!

Also.....while i was in seoul i went in for microdermabrasion and i ended up getting a chemical peel....translation issues :S

Hi all, are there anybody else who wants to share their experience with skin clinics in Korea? I don't have any problems with my skin, just want a smooth and translucent skin like all the Korean girls... Any advise beside those clinics mentioned??